Shaggie's Return No Mercy CFL

the difficult thing about doing co2 in this manner is there is little to no way to regulate your ppms..
another note is that plants do not use Co2 during their night time phase

i have tryed to figure out how to stop the co2 production from entering the room till day only but all of the clamps etc that i have found always pop off from the pressure of the gass being produced.
:

Hey Shaggie, just wanted add my 2 cents (and it's probably not worth even that :)). Don't worry about regulating the co2. You would have to add way too many of these setups to cause an over 2000 ppm environment, which would be harmful. If you can add any co2 in this manner you are WAY ahead of the game. IMHO.

Your right on, in that, co2 is not used by the plants at night. They (the plants) need to be actively aspirating in a warm semi humid environment to take advantage of co2 from what I have learned from my research. They do require a good 10 deg drop in temps at night. Not sure exactly how this helps with the absorption of co2, so I can't comment on that. So I would not be concerned about co2 shut down at night. At worst it will build up to more useable levels as the heat builds during lights on. Hope this helps and will look forward to your pic update!

:peacetwo:

Hey Shaggie, just wanted add my 2 cents (and it's probably not worth even that :)). Don't worry about regulating the co2. You would have to add way too many of these setups to cause an over 2000 ppm environment, which would be harmful. If you can add any co2 in this manner you are WAY ahead of the game. IMHO.

Your right on, in that, co2 is not used by the plants at night. They (the plants) need to be actively aspirating in a warm semi humid environment to take advantage of co2 from what I have learned from my research. They do require a good 10 deg drop in temps at night. Not sure exactly how this helps with the absorption of co2, so I can't comment on that. So I would not be concerned about co2 shut down at night. At worst it will build up to more useable levels as the heat builds during lights on. Hope this helps and will look forward to your pic update!

NO any word and information from you is worth at least a nickle!:rofl:
your absolutely right MacGmy levels cant get anywhere near 2000 ppm
for a little box like this im honestly already above and beyond what is needed foe a good environment...i guess its just my way
when i get in to a house and can build my grow room it will have the full controls for Rh temp, Co2 Lights etc. at some point i might pull it all together and create an thread on my proposed grow room so i can get input ... it will also help me to "propose" the plan to the wife as it all has to be "kid/father in law safe" basically meaning i get to have a hidden wall! ways in the future still but i might as well have the plan in place right!

as for the temp drop i can only assume that it is just in regards to the plants natural chemistry... anywhere in the world there is always some swing in temp from night to day... id assume it is hardwired in to its genetics and needs at least a little swing for the plant to "rest" and give way to some chemical changes. the converting of the molecular structure will happen during the darkness (CBD to THC).....

took pics tonight will get them up tomorrow.
i suprised myself when i pulled back a few leaves on the purp... the top cola is getting big and the color is nice still only slightly showing the purple hue
untill tomorrow!:Namaste:
time to :roorrip: and:sleep:

NO any word and information from you is worth at least a nickle!:rofl:
your absolutely right MacGmy levels cant get anywhere near 2000 ppm
for a little box like this im honestly already above and beyond what is needed foe a good environment...i guess its just my way
when i get in to a house and can build my grow room it will have the full controls for Rh temp, Co2 Lights etc. at some point i might pull it all together and create an thread on my proposed grow room so i can get input ... it will also help me to "propose" the plan to the wife as it all has to be "kid/father in law safe" basically meaning i get to have a hidden wall! ways in the future still but i might as well have the plan in place right!

as for the temp drop i can only assume that it is just in regards to the plants natural chemistry... anywhere in the world there is always some swing in temp from night to day... id assume it is hardwired in to its genetics and needs at least a little swing for the plant to "rest" and give way to some chemical changes. the converting of the molecular structure will happen during the darkness (CBD to THC).....

took pics tonight will get them up tomorrow.
i suprised myself when i pulled back a few leaves on the purp... the top cola is getting big and the color is nice still only slightly showing the purple hue
untill tomorrow!:Namaste:
time to :roorrip: and:sleep:

Happy FRIDAY Shaggie!:woohoo: Sounds like a nice plan in the making for your grow room and I really like the idea of a hidden wall, wow that opens a lot of options! :)

Look forward to the pics. Oh, yup, I agree with you on the rest period but I think that you really nailed it on the chemical changes occurring during periods of dark. :high-five:

Since I started using the Exhale CO2 stuff, I'm noticing what looks like a small mag. deficiency. I'm guessing that between the CO2 and the RO water, I may have to start supplementing with a Cal/mag additive perhaps... I'm really pleased with the CO2 thing - I'm getting much bigger buds than I've had on previous grows.

Awesome DIY CO2 generator. Very cool. Love the hidden wall idea, btw. Now you're talking about my dream... :)

thank you !!!!!

Since I started using the Exhale CO2 stuff, I'm noticing what looks like a small mag. deficiency. I'm guessing that between the CO2 and the RO water, I may have to start supplementing with a Cal/mag additive perhaps... I'm really pleased with the CO2 thing - I'm getting much bigger buds than I've had on previous grows.

Awesome DIY CO2 generator. Very cool. Love the hidden wall idea, btw. Now you're talking about my dream... :)

Xlr8 you got it! :) The plants do use more cal/mag while taking in additional Co2.

sorry for not having the up date up for you guys,
im processing them now... they are from thursday or friday. so i will be getting more pics on next feeding either tonight or tomorrow.
i always love going to the cabin for the weekend!
its Cool to have a few days of not seeing the girls, it really makes it kick in on how fast they are growing! they are really starting to swell making all the low branches bow under the weight. i had to tie them all up. i dont have to do this often as i generally take more of the lower branches off.

the ak is still takeing its sweet time... and im starting to question its genetics as true Ak..... as it is taking on a Cherry sent. it is also growing like the Cherry Ak i have grown before with small popcorn nugs and a somewhat high leaf to bud ratio so far....
any ways pics to follow soon!

And the long wait is over here you go my brothers and sisters of :420:
ENJOY!
we have first the two girls together and a comparison pic
day48clone47seed73.JPG

COMPAIR.JPG

and now we go to the purp haze (wife dubbed her as Lucy)
ph47_full.JPG
PHday47_light.JPG
phtop47.JPG
PHTRICH3.JPG
PHTRICH2.JPG
PHTRICH.JPG
ph47purp.JPG
PHtrich_light.JPG
phtopd7347show.JPG
PHday47show73seed.JPG
PHtrichday73.JPG
trichph47.JPG
TRICH_PUrp.JPG
trichpurp47.JPG

and the Ak (Sandra Dee and i have no reason why she named her that lol but i liked it)

AKday48.JPG
Akd48.JPG
LOWAKD48.JPG
AK_TRICH.JPG
aktrichd48.JPG
AKFUZ.JPG

more pics will come tomorrow or so....
today is the begining of when i though i would be harvesting the Purp haze from week. so far there is no sign of her letting up so i will let her go as long as she wants
she has added alot of weight over the last few days and is really starting to get resinous.

have a green week.:Namaste:

oh ya dont forget to vote for plant/bud/member/OTM there are some nice candidates out there

im really happy with how they are growing. i have to say i think it is the ferts that i am using this time as they are much bigger than i have had them get with the other nutes that i have done. i think i will be sticking with Vital Earth for my Base nute for organics.
i am still tempted to try the full line of general organics, but from what i keep hearing VE blows it out of the water.
i got our shop switched over to VE and we have seen literally a 10%+ increase across the board. the OG1 really likes the VE giving us some of the largest OG nugs to date around a 25% increase on it alone!

im to the point where i am getting antsy. the girls gor their last full feeding last night. and a new mix in the co2 generator. from here out they will get a small mix with cal mag and cococat phed to 6.0. i will be watching the Trichs from here out..... they are barely starting to change. i want to pull around 60/40 amber.

on another note......
we had some really crazy thunderstorms yesterday..... and with 7 weeks to go till the wedding...... the venue burnt to the ground........
i mean COME ON!!!!! REALLY! 135 year old barn Gone! so now we get to see if we can even Find a place for LABOR DAY WEEKEND for the wedding!
of all things that could happen.... it had to be that lol.
i just have to keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason.... right!
at least it didnt happen the week before!
ahhh life..... it loves to test you with unexpected turns.

Hi Shaggie,

In your latest group of pictures..Do I see seeds in the one you called Lucy?

And the little yellow thing, what's that? Is it the banana things I've read about? I had 2 plants hermie, my buds now have seeds, and they look like that. The seeds, not the yellow thing.

Real bummer about the barn, ya you're right to be thankful it didn't happen the week b4...at least you have a little time to relocate.

Get pics, I can only hope to have great buds like this someday.

Hi Shaggie,

In your latest group of pictures..Do I see seeds in the one you called Lucy?

And the little yellow thing, what's that? Is it the banana things I've read about? I had 2 plants hermie, my buds now have seeds, and they look like that. The seeds, not the yellow thing.

Real bummer about the barn, ya you're right to be thankful it didn't happen the week b4...at least you have a little time to relocate.

Get pics, I can only hope to have great buds like this someday.

SQ you made me cringe lol. luckly i do not have any seeds on her. what i think you might be seeing is the Calyxes are really swollen getting ready to burst with more growth... new Hairs! the "yellow thing" is none other than the new hairs poping out of the calyxes. sorry the pics came out a little fuzzy! no seeds and no hermie :wood:

although i would love to have more seeds of the purp haze....
good luck on your future ladys brother, im sure if u put the knowledge here on :420: you will be growing great Meds in no time at all!

thank you guys!
fresh, welcome brother glad to have you along for the ride. i like no mercy, makes for fast plants and you can still get good meds and weight as you can see!
i cant explain how happy i am with Vital Earth..... all of their Dry nutes are awesome the glacier rock that they have has a lot of great beneficial and trace elements... im definitely moving my whole regemin to their teas and mixes

twelve i feel very lucky to be working in the medical industry right now it makes it so i can deal with a small grow at home for now... its nice to be able to go to work.. walk in to the shop and in to one of 4 rooms containing 300+plants at all stages.

JZ :Namaste: your to kind you got some great plants and im sure u will have fantastic meds brother!

small update/... something or other lol
so Pics..... yah i said they were coming... and they will... things obviously got crazy.... lol
the wedding venue has been figured out for the most part... i dont know how we did it... well really i got to say THANK GOD FOR A WEDDING PLANNER!!!!
the new place looks alot nicer.. we will see it on sunday. its not a 135 year old barn... not quite as cool of a property (used to be part of the wifes family property that has been in her family for over 200 years...)but it will make alot of things easier... we were able to cancel a few things and save some money to!
so to say it again~! EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!!!!:yahoo:

k now for the ladys
they are swelling... still.... just waiting for those calyxes to Pop!:popcorn:
they are enormous! lucy is leaning heavily under the weight even though she is staked and tied.... Sandra D is strapped to the wall to keep her from leaning in to lucy! (ironic they are leaning to the center no matter what i do lol)
there are two clones that are in the bottom of the canopy waiting to get more light..
the friend they were going to is in Hawaii for a month.... so in they went. the last clone i have is of the haze she will be vegging and if i can manage it she will go in to a "sleep" state for the week im in hawaii and than be Scroged when i get back so i have a jump start on that long process.... either that or i will take her to work and make her a mom for the shop as it would be nice to get a haze in the mix
not sure what i will do there yet... or maybe i should go back and try to work on my strain... i still have the last little bit of the original males pollen so i can get my 5th and final crossing..... just would depend on if i get the right pheno... down to a 50/50 chance....i might have to look at how many seeds i have left of the 4th gen. i know im getting low....
or i might just wait till i have more room for that endeavor as it can be a big project..

any one got any recommendations of strains they might like to see?
i have easy access to many different strains... i dont feel like listing them.... there are to many.... the only plants im not allowed to take are the OG1/OG2 (true/skywalker both from cali) and for some reason the Bubba1/2 ( 1 is the pre 99 and 2 is a strange pheno we pulled out of the pre'99 is lime green with bright pink hairs and more of the bubble flavor)
uhhh im rambling.....
pics will be coming... i promise!

Back
Top Bottom