Shark Shock - Nebula & Holy Grail 69 - Beav's 2nd Grow

Day 43.
My plan is to let them go one more week, then into the final 5 gallon Smart Pots. On the 18th I'll flip them to 12/12 so everything will be in flower and make it easier for the person that will check and water them for the 8 days we are gone. (Gotta get some sun-shine in the Long Horn state!)
Day_433.jpg
Sounds like a plan! No good plan ever makes it to the battlefield however. :)
Looking at your picture I am guessing that your watering needs have accelerated to at least every two days, if not every other day, and I am thinking that those first yellow leaves at the bottom of each plant are the first small complaints that they are starting to become root bound. I would up-pot sooner rather than later. An extra week getting a foothold in the bigger container before going to flower won't hurt either, remember that aggressive root growth will end about 2 weeks into flower, and then you got what you got.

Sounds like a good plan to me... :thumb:

Hmmm, I have plenty of time today, I have a sneaking suspicion they'll have a new home sooner rather than later.
Thanks Emilya and Major:thanks:

I just happened to have #4, 5 gallon pots ready to go.

The roots were amazing for only being in those pots for 8 days.
It took awhile to up-pot but now days I have a specific watering procedure to follow :high-five:
5Gallon.jpg

Looking at your picture I am guessing that your watering needs have accelerated to at least every two days, if not every other day, and I am thinking that those first yellow leaves at the bottom of each plant are the first small complaints that they are starting to become root bound. I would up-pot sooner rather than later. An extra week getting a foothold in the bigger container before going to flower won't hurt either, remember that aggressive root growth will end about 2 weeks into flower, and then you got what you got.

OK, so they have 2 weeks before flipping to 12/12, then another 2 weeks of root growth so they'll have 4 weeks to build up a nice root structure. I am really getting excited about this second grow, I am so much more comfortable this time around. I have the 4 that I just put in 5 gallon pots in a 42" X 32" area with their own MarsHydro 96X5 and 5 more in 2 gallon pots in flower in a 42" X 60" area with a MarsHydro 192 X 5 and then there are the 3 clones (2 gallon) taken from a flowering plants that I have to move around because I'm running out of room but thats my own fault as I wanted to try a couple tomato plants from seeds that I had gathered from a strain we liked last year. This morning I dragged them out to re-arrange and water them and they had small tomatoes already so hopefully they'll finish soon so I can have that space back before we go. Everything will be on 12/12 for once.
:thanks:

With all that extra real estate, you shouldn't need to worry much about watering while you are gone.

Now that they're in 5 gallon pots, I'm going to take a short cut and only take out one plant for the update. All are doing well and appear similar on day 52. One more week and they will all go to 12/12.
This is the SamSarah Holy Grail 69.
68a25620-bbf1-46c4-8a29-6e5baccd1938.jpg
day528.jpg

OK, I have another change up that I will probabgly really regret but I'll fess up because I need some help with this.
I decided I wanted to try a "big" indoor plant, and I have 2 Paradise Nebulas so I picked one to experiment with. I had everything ready to up-pot from the recent 5 gallon smart pot into a 10, and found I only had 15's. Rather that to back down I went ahead and nestled her into the 15 gallon smart pot..... easy-peasy, eh? Well, the problem is I need to put both rooms in flower in a few days and want this one to veg much longer, so I need to get her out of their and put it in a shower stall or closet. Problem is... I don't have another veg light.
What would you recommend for a single light in a shower stall or closet to keep her going until I can open the veg room back up (it's full.) The only lights I am familiar with are LED's so you'll have to give me details please.
To recap:
It is one Nebula that has been topped and 11" high, in a 15 gallon smart pot, with lots of fresh soil so no nutes.
Thanks

OK, I have another change up that I will probabgly really regret but I'll fess up because I need some help with this.
I decided I wanted to try a "big" indoor plant, and I have 2 Paradise Nebulas so I picked one to experiment with. I had everything ready to up-pot from the recent 5 gallon smart pot into a 10, and found I only had 15's. Rather that to back down I went ahead and nestled her into the 15 gallon smart pot..... easy-peasy, eh? Well, the problem is I need to put both rooms in flower in a few days and want this one to veg much longer, so I need to get her out of their and put it in a shower stall or closet. Problem is... I don't have another veg light.
What would you recommend for a single light in a shower stall or closet to keep her going until I can open the veg room back up (it's full.) The only lights I am familiar with are LED's so you'll have to give me details please.
To recap:
It is one Nebula that has been topped and 11" high, in a 15 gallon smart pot, with lots of fresh soil so no nutes.
Thanks

You could probably get a couple of the old style Mars 300s. I think they are about $130 for the pair. :peace:

You could probably get a couple of the old style Mars 300s. I think they are about $130 for the pair. :peace:

Think I could get away with just one of them? If I'm reading it right it, looks like one would cover 2' X 1.5' area. Considering their size that should be enough for now but I'll probably need it for 4 weeks.

Edit:
It looks like expedited shipping would kill the deal so I'm just gonna stick with separate veg and flower rooms and forget the 3rd light. Please excuse the post.

Good god, man! You already have fruit on your tomatoes? I haven't even planted my tomatoes!

:adore:

I have 2 plants with a bunch of nice cherry tomatoes on them but they're green. I'm hoping they don't ripen to fast as we're gonna be gone for a week or so.
When they got to about 3 feet tall I had to get them out from under the LED's but they seem to be thriving by the window, so we'll see.

Here is the female Nebula I will try coaxing into bearing pollen. I started spraying 4 limbs with 30ppm Colloidal Silver 4 days ago. Nothing to see yet but I have my fingers crossed.
Neb1.jpg
Neb2.jpg

This one is in a 5 gallon pot and is 17" high.
The recipient (if this works out) is another Nebula in a 15 gallon pot, already 21" tall. I should be able to hold off flowering on this one until I get some pollen.
The Shark Shock and Holy Grail 69 are both doing well too.

Ahhhh, life is good ;)

I took some Blue Blood clones out of my flowering area and replaced them with a 17" Nebula and a 20" Shark Shock grown from seed.

Knowing this was coming up, I had put 8 seeds into germinate a couple days ago and so far 6 have given up a tap root.

This harvest I am going to try 48 hours of darkness before chopping the clones and washing the buds prior to drying.

I suppose it's kinda strange but I get just as much enjoyment out of watching the germination/seedling process as I do the harvest so with both happening at the same time I'm a hoppy camper.

Here is the Nebula that I've sprayed the lower branches with Colloidal Silver daily for 14 days. I'm not seeing anything to exciting going on yet, but the plant itself looks pretty decent.
neb4.jpg
Neb11.jpg
Neb3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom