Shark Shock - Nebula & Holy Grail 69 - Beav's 2nd Grow

wow eh them pens sure ain't cheap. I like my un tested un bubbled tap water :p seems to work fine HAHAHA
Plants look lovely man :goodjob::thumb:

Yes sir, I'm new to this Vaping thing. Neither my wife nor I like the smell of smoke in our house, plus I don't have to screw around with rolling anymore :)
I've only had it for a week or so, but I think we are going to be good friends.:love:

what do you mean vaping a BluLab pH pen is a ph pen no?? I vap as well but got a vaporite cosmic :p

Whoops... my bad!

For some reason I thought you were referring to the Arizer in the pic.

I NEED MORE COFFEE!!!!!!

The pen sure has made my life easier and the plants obviously like an exact 6.5 pH.

The soil normally sorts out ph. I never have had a ph meter :p

You are lucky (or good!)
Our well water is usually 7.5.
I tried using the color chart and drop method for pools and aquariums but obviously I wasn't very good at it :)

Probably neither I use BioBizz Lightmix and the Biobizz nutes and my tap water is clear and I make it look like mud that's about as much as I know. LOL

Beautiful little girls, BI! :thumb:

Your toddlers look fabulous! You did a great job of timing the backfill for your garden.

Kind of a interesting story on PH tools - At my local grow store there are two main guys who work opposite shifts. The first is quick to point out that every product in the store is essential and all will perform miraculously. The second is a naysayer - "You absolutely don't want to buy a tent here - get a good deal by shopping the Internet and buy your ducting at Home Depot- That nute line? It's overrated voodoo garbage". You get the picture.

I was in recently to buy the seedling killer T5s for a new light fixture and asked to look at some of the PH meters in the display case. I've been using the litmus paper strips and wanted the convenience of a meter. Naysayer barked that the meters "are all crap - impossible to calibrate". It is impossible to make a purchase with any dignity when you've been point blank told you're fixing to flush your money down the toilet.

I still want a meter. I'll have to delay buying it until the "It's a life-changing miracle" man is on duty! :icon_roll

Your toddlers look fabulous! You did a great job of timing the backfill for your garden.

Kind of a interesting story on PH tools - At my local grow store there are two main guys who work opposite shifts. The first is quick to point out that every product in the store is essential and all will perform miraculously. The second is a naysayer - "You absolutely don't want to buy a tent here - get a good deal by shopping the Internet and buy your ducting at Home Depot- That nute line? It's overrated voodoo garbage". You get the picture.

I was in recently to buy the seedling killer T5s for a new light fixture and asked to look at some of the PH meters in the display case. I've been using the litmus paper strips and wanted the convenience of a meter. Naysayer barked that the meters "are all crap - impossible to calibrate". It is impossible to make a purchase with any dignity when you've been point blank told you're fixing to flush your money down the toilet.

I still want a meter. I'll have to delay buying it until the "It's a life-changing miracle" man is on duty! :icon_roll

After much research and many suggestions I went with the BlueLab pH meter and supplies. They are pricey for sure but if it was the last one made I wouldn't sell it for double the money. It is such a good feeling knowing that of all the potential problems I might come across, pH will never be an issue for me again. I know I probably sound pretty anal about it but pH and a few other issues nearly cost me the first grow. I'm sure if one of your hubby's leaves turn funky on his PK-XL, he'll own one :)

Fortunately, these are MY pk-xls until the time they are harvested and cured. The lord of the manor has many skills and abilities but gardening is not one of them! Still, maybe he'll buy me a meter for Mother's Day!

Ha-ha, I totally get it:thumb:

Day 35 - Last night I up-potted the young un's into 1 liter pots so I thought I'd do some before and after shots to see how they responded over night
Before29.jpg
Before28.jpg

And 12 hours later:
After27.jpg
After26.jpg

(The last pic was upside down but you get the idea.)

I think they made the transition just fine, now we'll see about getting them into 5 gallon Smart Pots in a couple weeks.

And, welcome to my grow arieon69.:thumb:

OW....I'm jealous. Your plants are looking soooo nice! Both my PK-XLs are going to make it after my little "let's fry them alive with a new light fixture" fiasco but they are really set back and have only recently begun to respond. It's true. My kids are ugly. I want beautiful, robust plants like yours!

At least I can pop over and look at your nursery to see some good looking kids!

OW....I'm jealous. Your plants are looking soooo nice! Both my PK-XLs are going to make it after my little "let's fry them alive with a new light fixture" fiasco but they are really set back and have only recently begun to respond. It's true. My kids are ugly. I want beautiful, robust plants like yours!

At least I can pop over and look at your nursery to see some good looking kids!

Thanks for the compliment applegate, but I visited your garden earlier today and she's a beaut! I see a nice harvest for you right around the corner :)

I am very pleased with the 4 young-uns at the moment though... hopefully this time around I can keep it going all the way.
:thanks:

Day 43.
My plan is to let them go one more week, then into the final 5 gallon Smart Pots. On the 18th I'll flip them to 12/12 so everything will be in flower and make it easier for the person that will check and water them for the 8 days we are gone. (Gotta get some sun-shine in the Long Horn state!)
Nebula.....Holy Grail 69.....Nebula.....Shark Shock
Day_433.jpg
day431.jpg

Day 43.
My plan is to let them go one more week, then into the final 5 gallon Smart Pots. On the 18th I'll flip them to 12/12 so everything will be in flower and make it easier for the person that will check and water them for the 8 days we are gone. (Gotta get some sun-shine in the Long Horn state!)
Day_433.jpg
day431.jpg

Plants are looking great!!! Nice green color. They look happy and healthy!! :goodjob::peace:

Back
Top Bottom