Shark Shock - Nebula & Holy Grail 69 - Beav's 2nd Grow

Hey there, Beav! Long time no speak...The nebula is gorgeous! I love the bright green growth tips - I've never seen anything like it. Is it a trick of the light through the camera or is that the way it really looks? Inquiring minds need to know!

Don't want to hijack your journal, but my PK XLs recovered fully and are doing great. I flipped them on 3-11 and if I feel frisky I might start a journal on their flowering cycle. But the grows have been like kids...I took tons of pictures of the first. The second, not so much. By the third grow I might not even take the graduation portraits.

Hey there, Beav! Long time no speak...The nebula is gorgeous! I love the bright green growth tips - I've never seen anything like it. Is it a trick of the light through the camera or is that the way it really looks? Inquiring minds need to know!

Don't want to hijack your journal, but my PK XLs recovered fully and are doing great. I flipped them on 3-11 and if I feel frisky I might start a journal on their flowering cycle. But the grows have been like kids...I took tons of pictures of the first. The second, not so much. By the third grow I might not even take the graduation portraits.
I have to admit my cheap-o cell phone camera tends to make the buds prettier that they really are... but I really like the coloring too :)
I am glad to hear your PK-XL is nearing the end, I hope it will do your hubby some good. It's not my go to strain for fun and games but it sure is nice to have in the morning or if I need to get out and do something physical. Thanks for checking it out.

Looking good, Beaver :goodjob:
Thanks golfer, I appreciate your dropping in. Hope everything is doing well in your garden.

I needed to do a few mod's on the rooms today so as long as all of the plants were removed I thought I'd update all 4. They are 13 1/2 weeks since they popped.
Shark Shock
SharkShock2.jpg
SharkShock1.jpg

HolyGrail 69
HolyGrail69.jpg

HolyGrail69c.jpg

Nebula in 15 Gallon pot. She will probably be the recipient of Bruces donation (see below.) She is the only one still in Veg.
NebVeg2.jpg
NebVeg.jpg

And the Nebula I put in flower to and began treatments with Collodial Silver. She started showing balls a couple days ago......I call her "BRUCE."
Bruce3.jpg
Bruce21.jpg

And the beginnings of Bruce's transformation.
CS12.jpg
CS21.jpg

Bruce was kicked out of the "girls" room yesterday, he/she/it had started to show pollen sacks a lil over a week ago so it was time to go.

The other Nebula in the 15 gallon pot (still in Veg) was 43" (topped) so I put her under 12/12 too, while I could still move her.

The Shark Shock and Holy Grail 69 are doing well under 12/12 too.

Has anyone simply cut the branches containing pollen off and put them in a glass of water in the window sill to continue ripening? I read about a member doing this but have not been able to contact them. It would help out the "odor" situation in my house :)

Edited to add:

To be politically correct I should have waited for a Supreme Court Ruling to decide whether to let a shemale stay in the girls room... I just gave her/him/it the boot :)

Bruce was kicked out of the "girls" room yesterday, he/she/it had started to show pollen sacks a lil over a week ago so it was time to go.

The other Nebula in the 15 gallon pot (still in Veg) was 43" (topped) so I put her under 12/12 too, while I could still move her.

Shark Shock and Holy Grail 69 are doing well under 12/12/ too.

Has anyone simply cut the branches containing pollen off and put them in a glass of water in the window sill to continue ripening? I read about a member doing this but have not been able to contact them. It would help out the "odor" situation in my house :)

Edited to add:

To be politically correct I should have waited for a Supreme Court Ruling to decide whether to let a shemale stay in the girls room... I just gave her/him/it the boot :)
The supreme court would not have been able to decide since they are now a deadlocked court on social issues... so it is best that you were decisive. More people need to be that way when it comes to all of these PC issues before the court... but I digress.

Congrats on the gender bending anyway... it is awesome when we learn to exercise that level of control over our gardens.

Regarding the pollen branch in a cup of water... I did that once, before I got my little mini love tent. It did work, I did get pollen, and I kept my White Widow line going with that little trick. I would do like you do a rose, and put some molasses or an aspirin in that water to keep the cutting alive ALAP.

The supreme court would not have been able to decide since they are now a deadlocked court on social issues... so it is best that you were decisive. More people need to be that way when it comes to all of these PC issues before the court... but I digress.

Congrats on the gender bending anyway... it is awesome when we learn to exercise that level of control over our gardens.

Regarding the pollen branch in a cup of water... I did that once, before I got my little mini love tent. It did work, I did get pollen, and I kept my White Widow line going with that little trick. I would do like you do a rose, and put some molasses or an aspirin in that water to keep the cutting alive ALAP.

Do you think I could expect about the same amount of pollen either way?
This would sure solve my current issues.

For anyone interested in the Nebula that I sprayed with Colloidal Silver for nearly a month, here are some pics.
It took a little more than 3 weeks to get this far.
CS12.jpg

I continued spraying for another 4-5 days until I ran out of the Silver solution.
Neba.jpg

I decided early on to only spray the bottom 4 branches.
Nebb.jpg

I hope to be able to put "Bruce" back inb with her sisters to continue flowering in a girly kinda way.
Nebd.jpg

After asking a few more experienced growers, I decided to cut the 4 bottom branches off and isolate them to reduce the chances of pollen in the air.
Nebc.jpg

If I am reading this right, in a week I should be able to start gathering some pollen.
NebulaCuttings.jpg

That last pic looks kinda a high class bouquet, eh?

The Shark Shock and Holy Grail 69 are doing well under 12/12 too.

Edited to add:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:....it would just get veto'd....:circle-of-love:

Holy Grail 69 went to 12/12 4 weeks ago.
HG14.jpg

HG34.jpg

Shark Shock flower 6 weeks ago.
SS114.jpg

And the Nebula, 12/12 for 2 1/2 weeks. Not the greatest pic but she's too heavy to be moving around unnecessarily.
Neb.jpg

The Shark Shock has been chopped and is curing at the moment. (1.35oz.)

Here are pics of the SamSara "Holy Grail 69" that I'm about to flush. It is 19 1/2 weeks sinse sprouting and 47 days in 12/12. She has about 10-15% Amber.
HG60a.jpg
HGb.jpg

how is the pollen project going?
I did not pass the test!

Out of fear of the unknown, I must have cut the branches off to isolate them too soon. When I checked them there was nothing inside! I will try it again (with her clone) but will either isolate the whole plant or at least let them go longer before taking them. I'm living and learning:thumb:

I did not pass the test!

Out of fear of the unknown, I must have cut the branches off to isolate them too soon. When I checked them there was nothing inside! I will try it again (with her clone) but will either isolate the whole plant or at least let them go longer before taking them. I'm living and learning:thumb:

Sorry to hear that after all that spraying and success in bending... better luck next time, and based on your experience here I won't be trying that when I use CS on my KO clones in a few weeks. Thinking back, my success in finishing out a pollen gathering project in the windowsill with cuttings, was done on an actual male plant, not a tranny, so my apologies if my story earlier helped send you down the wrong path. We both learned from this one.

Sorry to hear that after all that spraying and success in bending... better luck next time, and based on your experience here I won't be trying that when I use CS on my KO clones in a few weeks. Thinking back, my success in finishing out a pollen gathering project in the windowsill with cuttings, was done on an actual male plant, not a tranny, so my apologies if my story earlier helped send you down the wrong path. We both learned from this one.

No worries, I read several journals that utilized this method.....I just got in a hurry I guess. Seems like I'm too early or too late quite a bit these days but I'm learning a little every day. I just wish I'd a got started on this journey 20-30 years ago though :laughtwo:

I need some advise on this Holy Grail 69.
It has been under 12/12 for 51 days and it is already a good 15%-20% Amber
It SamSara says it should take 8-9 weeks but I'm afraid it's not gonna make it that long, as the last thing I want out of her is couch lock.
Should I keep going or start 48 hours of darkness? In other words.... do I believe the plant or the literature? I'm hoping some of you with a little more experience will look at the pics and be able to help me out here. (I did flush with a lil Molasses yesterday.)
Thanks.
HGb.jpg
31889.jpg
16693.jpg

All info I could find said 62 to 69 days in flower. I see mostly brown pistils. Is she canabilizing her lower leaves? Do the buds look like they have fattened? I can't tell from the top views. It's always a crap shoot the first time or two you harvest a strain until you gain the experience and knowledge of the plant and how it is developing. I'd take a small sample, quick dry and test run it through the bong. That should give you an idea of how ripe she is.

You can't always go by the calendar. I have one in my tents that was just harvested early yesterday, my Green Crack. She was ready, although officially the harvest window did not open for another week. Why? This plant was always in the center of my room, directly under the hood and in the path of the best airflow through the tent.

I tried to resist the urge to harvest early, but all the signs were there. The buds had chunked out and were now foxtailing a bit, all the pistils had turned dark, even at the tip top of all the buds, and looking with the jewelers loupe, it was obvious that amber was showing at a 25% rate, even at the very top. Knowing that the trichomes keep maturing up till curing has started, I convinced myself to pull a few days early, just on this one plant. It happens. Trust your eyes, not the calendar.

Back
Top Bottom