Should I trim a little bit in this stage?

Ferboldt

Hi everyone she is 78 days old (11 weeks)

Lemon OG Haze Auto Fem.

The lower branches don't get that much light. I changed my lights from 30w to 45w.

I was wondering if I should trim a little the upper leaves so the lower ones can get more light?

First time still trying to learn.

image5640.jpeg
image5641.jpeg
image5642.jpeg
image5643.jpeg

You could, but I wouldn't.

1) It is a little late to see much benefit, IMO.
2) What you really need is more light. The light you have probably won't penetrate very far even w/o the top fan leaves in the way.

I'd add some CFLs if you want to help the lower growth.

Thanks for the advice with the CFL.

This is a small closet what type of light can I use for my setup?

Yes thats the AsroGarden Ultra Led. It came with 30w LED lights than I got the new model which comes with 45w LED lights. So I changed the hood.

Can you guys give me some advice about the light setup that I can add? Like amazon or Ebay links. I do not have any Idea.

I agree with everyones suggestions. If you look at your pistils you can see they are changing already which indicates you have missed your window of opportunity on this grow but the nice thing is, on your next one you will be more knowledgable and do it when you still have time. If you look at picture number 1 you see those small buds on the very lowest branches, next grow, only let the buds on the very tips develop and trim those small ones closer to the stalk. That will promote the tips to grow bigger and denser. Also the same could be said about the next couple of branches up. By removing the buds as soon as they start developing it pushes the growth and energy that bud would have used up to the next bud on the branch. Seems kind of crazy to remove buds, but if you do it when they 1st appear you will gain the yield back with denser and bigger buds up where the light can penetrate. Once they have reached the size they are now, so much energy has been consumed to grow them, you may as well keep them because you will not increase the yield in the uppers at this stage.
The beauty of growing, live and learn:thumb:

Nice job on your 1st grow also
The CFL suggestion will help and since everyone has a few laying around the house you may as well give it a go.

Man I am a slow typer, 2 new posts since I started typing :rofl:

Speaking of trim. Just harvested a nice kush. Not much leaves on it do trimming for more light but when I harvest I like to give the girls a pretty good trim before I hang to dry. When time comes to jar it up it makes it easier and faster... A little nip and tick and they are ready to go. Any down sides to trimming most of the leaves when hanging to dry? I did have a batch that didn't dry right due to premature jarring. My bad mostly. Other then that I think it's a good ideas, plants get better air flow.
Thoughts?

spy

Back
Top Bottom