Sick plant what could it be?

Tonioo

420 Member
In less than a day 2 leaves seem to be in trouble and I am unsure what it could be, maybe nitrogen deficiency. Can anyone help?
IMG-20200528-WA0056.jpeg
IMG-20200528-WA0019.jpg

Welcome @Tonioo I see your soil wand there I love mine! Stick that sucker right to the bottom of the pot and tell us what it says for wetness would you? CHeers mate, gl!:yahoo:

It is max wet as I fed her some nutes earlier kinda panicked about the leaf.

I have been strict watering it though, I watered after a week and a half after I planted her, then again week later when it went dry but Iam watering slowly around 1.5 litres.i fed her0.5litre again tonight gave her .5ml of biogrow as I suspected nitrogen deficiency and have only fed her a drop of nutes which wasn't nearly as she is nearly 4 weeks.

I had a slow start to the grow and have had trouble with this girl from the start. There is another previous post regarding problems at the start. :lot-o-toke:

I have planted a new one which seem a lot different with biobizz light mix soil and perlite. I am using filtered tap water not sure if that is a problem which is between 7-7.7 ph not sure if that is an issue. Brought spring water at 6.5 for the new girl.

Thanks for the great support guys

Attachments

• IMG-20200528-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20200528-WA0007.jpeg
    730.5 KB · Views: 66

I have been strict watering it though, I watered after a week and a half after I planted her, then again week later when it went dry but Iam watering slowly around 1.5 litres.i fed her0.5litre again tonight gave her .5ml of biogrow as I suspected nitrogen deficiency and have only fed her a drop of nutes which wasn't nearly as she is nearly 4 weeks.

I had a slow start to the grow and have had trouble with this girl from the start. There is another previous post regarding problems at the start. :lot-o-toke:

I have planted a new one which seem a lot different with biobizz light mix soil and perlite. I am using filtered tap water not sure if that is a problem which is between 7-7.7 ph not sure if that is an issue. Brought spring water at 6.5 for the new girl.

Your in an excellent position to start a journal of the grow .

Hi Tonio, I can't really see. But I think I catch a glimpse. If the leaves are beginning to look like this,
1590749147482.png

Then It's looking for magnesium.
Here's a problem solver. See if you can match your problem up with a pic in it.

You've got some knowladgeble members helping you out here @Tonioo Welcome back to :420:
i'm just gona tag along if you don't mind. learn more :snowboating:

Hiya Tonioo where are you planning on growing those little guys? If eventually outside, are you early season? Also, it's tough to start and water little plants in big pots, I like little pots and up-potting twice. In big pots with little plants I think you tend to get lots of water on the bottom and roots that cant reach them

As far as pH goes, I'd be interested to know what does your wand say the pH of your soil is? That's the important number to me and I prolly should have ask that alredy! I only care about and adjust my water pH to change my soil pH. I think thats really what the weed plants care about so my water might need to be way under 7 to get my soil to stay at 7 with nutes going in and waste being produced. With that in mind sounds like the 6.5 water will help, bad pH can cause your symptoms. My well water is 7.5ish, I put 1tbl of vinegar (along with one tbl cal/mag, if you are outdoors I think you'd need less of that) in every gallon of water I feed, no matter what nute does or doesn't go on top of it.

I think she is too wet, maybe has some pH funk and needs some food. If it were mine, I'd let that dry out all the way till only the last inch or less of that pot is even registering half wet, pull up my wand from the bottom and watch the meter drop to determine this. I also might be tempted once its registering close to that dry to pop her out of the pot, but that pot is pretty big and looks stiff so it might be hard. With a little starter pot I just give it a little squish around the sides and a tap and she plops right out, can see whats going on in there. Right now I think she needs a good dry and lots of light, then I might be introducing a more full on nute mix.

Hi pbass

Thanks again for your help

They have been in the greenhouse in the day until the sun goes down and I bring them inside for the evening. I was planning to leave them in the greenhouse as they get bigger, if they do haha

We are at the start of summer the temperature is 18plus everyday reaching highs of 25c.

I was going to replant her but your right the pot is stiff and I was worried about damaging the roots so I just topped up the soil with perlite and light potting mix from biobizz as the stem seemed too long, I didn't think about the pot when starting her as lockdown was tight and that was all I had.

She seems to be at a 7ph and is still wet, do you think I should risk a repotting?

I have brought some more mineral water at 6.7 and 6.3 and might leave the cap of before feeding and make sure the water isn't in the fridge like last time, test it and add some vinegar or lime to bring it down a bit more next feed, I fed her a good splash of biobizz 0.75 per litre water like the company says too and today it seems she is less droopy.

I also sprayed them with a peppermint oil mix to keep bugs away but made the mistake of spraying them just before they were in direct sunlight so that could be half the problem.

I think your definitely right about starting in a small pot as you can control the watering/feeding better. The amount I water as well I'm not sure I do correctly, how much would you water a 3 gallon pot?

Attachments

• 20200530_143712.jpg
    20200530_143712.jpg
    835.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200530_143525.jpg
    20200530_143525.jpg
    721.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 20200530_143547.jpg
    20200530_143547.jpg
    740.5 KB · Views: 59
Hi pbass

Thanks again for your help

They have been in the greenhouse in the day until the sun goes down and I bring them inside for the evening. I was planning to leave them in the greenhouse as they get bigger, if they do haha

We are at the start of summer the temperature is 18plus everyday reaching highs of 25c.

I was going to replant her but your right the pot is stiff and I was worried about damaging the roots so I just topped up the soil with perlite and light potting mix from biobizz as the stem seemed too long, I didn't think about the pot when starting her as lockdown was tight and that was all I had.

She seems to be at a 7ph and is still wet, do you think I should risk a repotting?

I have brought some more mineral water at 6.7 and 6.3 and might leave the cap of before feeding and make sure the water isn't in the fridge like last time, test it and add some vinegar or lime to bring it down a bit more next feed, I fed her a good splash of biobizz 0.75 per litre water like the company says too and today it seems she is less droopy.

I also sprayed them with a peppermint oil mix to keep bugs away but made the mistake of spraying them just before they were in direct sunlight so that could be half the problem.

I think your definitely right about starting in a small pot as you can control the watering/feeding better. The amount I water as well I'm not sure I do correctly, how much would you water a 3 gallon pot?
You have to put an @Pbass to alert him !

She looks ok on the new growth still. I'd say let her be for a good long time, get some air going across her in the to help dry that pot out. I believe that to be your primary issue atm. In a big pot you would just water a small ring around the small plant, and work your way out as it gets bigger. You wouldn't actually be soaking the pot for a good while. You want to work your way out to get the roots to go towards the edges of the pot. You then have to let them dry well though or you never dry on the bottom and your roots grow into yuck.

Welcome to the forum @Tonioo :welcome:

In less than a day 2 leaves seem to be in trouble and I am unsure what it could be, maybe nitrogen deficiency. Can anyone help?
IMG-20200528-WA0056.jpeg
IMG-20200528-WA0019.jpg
Definitely over watering, listen to @Pbass and let it dry out...and both of you :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: please throw those wands away, this isn't a Harry Potter movie :rofl::rofl::popcorn:

Hey @Tonioo, a good practice for photo period seedlings is to start them in a solo cup of "Seedling Starter Mix" and up-pot into "your choice" of soil as they get bigger, it's much easier to control the moisture in the soil, and they get bigger faster.
I start mine in "Jiffy Seedling Starter" in a 16 Oz solo cup....

jiffy-seed-starters-g312-64_1000.jpg

After a solo cup, I move to 1 gal pots in FFOF, after about 2 to 3 weeks they look like this...and I haven't even fed them yet :thedoubletake: :thedoubletake: just water :thumb:

I will definitely try smaller pots and work up @MochaBud . Would you do the same with autoflowers?

Good news, @Pbass I have left them alone in the heat and we have new growth, plus they are drying out thanks to the weather only trouble is we are losing the heat for a while in uk.

How much water would you feed her when pretty dry in 3 gallon pots?

I was thinking of taking off some leaves towards the bottom as they might be using nutrients to keep them going, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20200602_170115.jpg
    20200602_170115.jpg
    837.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG-20200601-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20200601-WA0002.jpeg
    512.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200602_120551.jpg
    20200602_120551.jpg
    855.6 KB · Views: 47
I will definitely try smaller pots and work up @MochaBud . Would you do the same with autoflowers?

Good news, @Pbass I have left them alone in the heat and we have new growth, plus they are drying out thanks to the weather only trouble is we are losing the heat for a while in uk.

How much water would you feed her when pretty dry in 3 gallon pots?

I was thinking of taking off some leaves towards the bottom as they might be using nutrients to keep them going, what do you guys think?
I start autos in a 3 gal pot and let 'em finish there...oh I put those directly into FFOF
...and those leaves will fall off when she's done with them...think of them like solar panels for your plant...I only clean up what falls off, until flower time, and then about 3 weeks into flower I defoliate so light will hit the bud spots, and only about 15 - 20 at a time, so as not to shock her too much and make her hermie on me

Hi guys

Back to work haven't had chance to post, I thought I should thank you all for your help and give you an update, the girls are doing great and I have a new one now growing healthy I think.

:yummy:

Attachments

• IMG-20200621-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20200621-WA0007.jpeg
    381.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20200621-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20200621-WA0009.jpeg
    496.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-20200621-WA0011.jpeg
    IMG-20200621-WA0011.jpeg
    445.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20200622-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20200622-WA0006.jpeg
    568.6 KB · Views: 12
Hi guys

Back to work haven't had chance to post, I thought I should thank you all for your help and give you an update, the girls are doing great and I have a new one now growing healthy I think.

:yummy:
They had a burst of growth great job with those girls.

Back
Top Bottom