Silver Fox First Grow: Organic, LST, Bubblelicious

Plants appear to be taking to the transplant well. I put the 2 bubblelicious in 7 gal pots and the other in a 5 gallon. We are officially at 30 days. Thanks to everybody involved so far. I really appreciate everything we learn from each other.

image31168.jpg
image31169.jpg
image31170.jpg
image31171.jpg

Looks female, but can't be sure from the pic. Are they Regs or Fems? The yellowing looks like hunger for N, as it's all on the older/lower parts. You can start feeding them lightly, and can ramp up toward transition, so that they get used to feeding before hard flowering, when you will want to supplement the soil with nutes. :thumb:

I'm keeping a very close eye on the yellowing leaves thank you for the advice on N! I made an organic living soil using sub cools recipe so I technically shouldn't have to add any nutes after transplant but won't be surprised if I need to after I get into flowering. I'm going to wait until 6 weeks to flower her.

2 seeds are feminized and the other is reg. and the small one is one I'm starting for a mate while he fixes his set up

Thanks carestaker you are my voice of guidance lol

:Namaste:

Here are some new pics and my nute bottle. I know it's for flowering but would it be useable if I need to to help with nitrogen difficiency if I get yellowing leaves before I flower ? I hope I don't have any problems for the next couple weeks so she can head into flower strong.
image31293.jpg
image31294.jpg
image31297.jpg
image31296.jpg
image31295.jpg

The freebie I have planted (unknown strain from nirvana) is a lot of fun to train because it grows so fast. I hope that's a female but it's behind a week and may not show until close to flowering if not after. its becoming tough to keep it below the bubblelicious even though the pot is only a 5 compared to the 7 gallons for bubblelicious. I'm going to try to keep a table top look going. A amateurs version of a scrog with out the screen.

At least that's my goal.

:surf:

Hello everyone. I am going to order veg nutes tonight just to be safe until I get into flower. I watered the first time since transplant last night and gave light nutes. About 1/2 strength.

image31498.jpg
image31499.jpg
image31500.jpg
image31501.jpg

:thanks: I'm going to stay in veg as long as that random sativa lets me. Shooting for 6 weeks or more. The longer I'm in veg the more I'm understanding and enjoying the vegetative state. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks and I'll post some more pictures then.

It's officially 5 weeks today and my original date to start flower. I am going to wait 6 weeks or so as advised by you guys helping me. :rollit:

I have alternating nodes on all plants now!! Really hoping the sativa is a girl !!

image31607.jpg
image31608.jpg
image31609.jpg
image31610.jpg

The Fox Farm is weak on the N. Not a good choice to keep them green.

Subcools recipe is pretty hot (strong on the macro nutrients). You shouldn't need to feed them again. I hope you let the soil mix compost (aka cook) before planting in it?

I don't see yellowing progressing up the plants anymore, they must be happy.

:goodjob:

Here are my latest pics. Doing my best to try to keep this sativa low! I'm going to train it again after this post. Everything's been good. I got veg nutes I may give but this close to flowering it may not be much help but hey I'm prepared for next time! Just ordered seeds nirvana aurora indica and Snow White:)

image31739.jpg
image31741.jpg
image31743.jpg
image31744.jpg

My 2 cents, remember the plants need room to grow & they may double in size early in bloom. I'm running into space issues in my current grow.
Good looking grow, and good choice with Big Bloom. It's the equivalent of a salad lmao, you've got the girls eating light, and that's a double entendre.
:laugh::laugh::goodjob:

Thank you. It may not make it all the way to 6 weeks veg but I'm going to try. Then just let them go wild aside from just containing the sativa....if it's a girl. I really appreciate the input:Namaste: I don't think height will be a problem as long as I can keep the tops of the plants close in height. I have about 6 feet I can move the light fixture up still. If needed but I don't think I'll need much more than a couple feet. I'm loving these bubblelicious plants. They are so strong at the stem now.

So after thinking it over ( I'm a planner). My plans are to switch the bulb and timer Sunday night so I can observe everything Monday and make adjustments to the light distance as needed since I have Monday off. so that will be 41 days of veg. Not bad and I'm happy with the sizes of all the plants. I know it's hard to tell in pics but the smaller bubblelicious is doing well and has a lot of growth about to shoot up. Most of the branches on the bubblelicious are getting stiff and I believe they are ready for flower.

t-minus 3 days to flower!!

Sorry that's the science nerd coming out in me .... Just be happy I'm not naming my missions lol

Looking great brother, great job! If I had to guess, the yellowing was due to denitrification of the soil due to overwatering - which you corrected earlier on. They are a nice color now, and look like they will jump into flower. You got some good advice on height and feeding - so you should be ready to rock and roll. I'll catch up when I get back - need to sit on a beach, where the drinks have umbrellas!

peace and pot my friend. :cheer:

So I've been discussing this with my mate jaerock in his grow forum and he has explained it to me. So I have some questions I thought I'd post here as to stop high jacking his thread.

Harvest time. I want a couch lock high.... More of a hammock lock in my case ;). When should I harvest based on trichome method ? 50/50 cloudy to Amber seems to be the general consensus.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom