Silver Kush - White Widow - Martian Kush & Underdawg OG Scrog 600W HPS

Early, late....it's a matter of choice.

I used it early one run....plants got colorful, nugs were smaller and very dense. Flavor was awesome, yield was slightly down.
I used it late....huge nugs, more delicate flavor.
Ran twice with ZERO cat drench....sweetest tasting nugs, not quite as dense.

It's all good! It's artistry! You'll enjoy the product no matter what, and as you get more and more tuned in and familiar, you'll grow it your own way and the end product will be reflective of YOU!

It's like piano lessons. The kit puts you in the right key. The directions teach you to play your first song, in the right key, with the right time signature.

But at some point, you're going to want to make your own music...and now you know how.

Enjoy it!

Well put DOC and it makes alot of sense! I appreciate the comment. and I am def enjoying the hell out of this kit.

my thoughts on the kit so far:

-grows plants at optimal health ( at least visually optimal in my case since im not reading brix)
-simplistic ( no ph adjustments or EC readings)
-saves money (the cost of one kit and a bale of Pro mix is 1/6th the cost im used to spending on this many plants)
-saves time (sort of goes with saving money)
-capable of really learning your plants and fine tuning.
-seedlings take off really well and clones root faster.
-plant love and react really well to the foliars
-easy to follow instructions(if you follow them that is lol)

grafting how to

alright i did my best to take step by step pics to show the process. hope it helps some one out there.

wash/sanitize everything you are going to use.

take cutting from another plant, in this case took cut from silver kush to put onto another one of my white widows which will be a gift for my brother.(gonna give him a widow mother with 5 genetics grafted to her)
021330.JPG

trimmed up the cutting like i would a clone.
022291.JPG

used scalpel to cut out a V notch where i had previously topped the plant.
023268.JPG
024242.JPG

cut the cutting end to match the notch.
025247.JPG
026233.JPG

fit the 2 together.( i think to ensure the graft, it needs to be snug enough fit that the cutting can stay in the notch with out assistance)

start with a small piece of tape at the base of the notch the secure it, then work your way up with the tape brace.
027213.JPG
028217.JPG
030171.JPG
031171.JPG

add a zip lock sandwich bag over the top and wait....10-14 days for the graft to take place....or if you notice new growth forming.

ill let everyone know how this one goes. i feel better about this one then any other one yet...getting better with practice,imagine that lol.

silver kush and martian kush are taking their sweet time getting pistils going but i see some firing up now.

purple diesel is farthest ahead with the underdawg right behind it.

sprayed with brix last night and they will be getting thesecond cat drench tomorrow night.

14625.JPG
141105.JPG
14267.JPG
14522.JPG
14424.JPG

Yiu should start seeing some true action, now. Mine always seem to stall after the first drench, and then a couple days after the second, I begin to see obvious changes. They'll start building calyxes again, bigger and with denser trichs.

:thumb:

Yiu should start seeing some true action, now. Mine always seem to stall after the first drench, and then a couple days after the second, I begin to see obvious changes. They'll start building calyxes again, bigger and with denser trichs.

Thanks for that Graytail, i appreciate the motivational umph :thumb: im really excited to see what these girls can do in the kit!

ill get pics up on this weekend to show what the cat drench did for me here.:high-five:

I noticed this as well. Mine got her second drench and stopped growing but started packing on resin. Shes had one water since then and the next will be a nice flush followed by a good energy drink (right afterwards per Doc)
Isnt high brix just dandy? Lmao :)

I noticed this as well. Mine got her second drench and stopped growing but started packing on resin. Shes had one water since then and the next will be a nice flush followed by a good energy drink (right afterwards per Doc)
Isnt high brix just dandy? Lmao :)

thanks for the comment Canuck!!:high-five:

yes sir're high brix is frickin AWESOME lol....and i plan to do the same as you said it here per DOC as well. im coming to find your thread Canuck!

Well as it stands my new friend, i cannot have a journal (as per the old lady lol). Shes a lil paranoid cuz we're not in a legal state by any means.
But what id like to say is that you have one of the best laid out, thought out plans/journals ive seen yet. Great job and ill definitely be keeping an eye on this thread. :) :peace:

Have some reps :)

Well as it stands my new friend, i cannot have a journal (as per the old lady lol). Shes a lil paranoid cuz we're not in a legal state by any means.
But what id like to say is that you have one of the best laid out, thought out plans/journals ive seen yet. Great job and ill definitely be keeping an eye on this thread. :) :peace:

Have some reps :)

AW shit thanks Canuck!!!!:high-five:

That means alot and is appreciated...:Namaste:

I understand the paranoia i have it too but figured if "they" really wanted to come get me then so be it...i dont sell to anyone just avoid sketchy drug dealers and provide my own meds,just amazes me everytime i think about it being illegal!!!! but none the less better safe than sorry so i feel ya.

Thanks again for the kind words!

have a great weekend to everyone!! ill be finishing the rubble foundation on my earthbag house project this weekend, see every one back after a hard working, weed smoking weekend!!:peace:

Purple Diesel and Underdawg OG are flowering nicely and starting to see some trich production on both which is impressive this early, commonly seen after the catatonic drench.

Silver kush is pushing pistils well now but looks like its a week or more behind PD and UDOG, my guess is that i changed the cations to early in both the silver k and the martian k with the cat drench and caused some delay of flowering but both are pushing now and growing like crazy. i had to tie down some of the main branchs on martian k and silver k, i show a pic of one of the tie downs....

i havent moved my light yet trying to keep the nodes tight and plants as low as possible, from the screen its about 22" but from the highest top its about 16" or so and looks to be loving it.

they will get sprayed with stress tonight and given some water then energy...

a pic of the dehumidifier i bought a couple weeks ago for like 45$ on amazon. fills up every 2 days or so and i keep the humidity no higher than 60 and no lower than 45. so far no complaints about it and very glad to have it!!

0071217.JPG
0081115.JPG
009999.JPG
010924.JPG
011792.JPG
012718.JPG
013668.JPG
016502.JPG
015550.JPG
014609.JPG
017453.JPG
018404.JPG
019356.JPG

Beautiful screen of green! :circle-of-love:

Not a flaw anywhere and gorgeous color on the new and old growth, both~!

+reps

Beautiful screen of green! :circle-of-love:

Not a flaw anywhere and gorgeous color on the new and old growth, both~!

+reps

Thanks Graytail!!:thanks:

DOC's kit is great stuff as you OBVIOUSLY know but I gotta say I just love it!!

im thinking about hitting the martian k and silver k with some water then energy and back to cat drench once they have put on more pistil production...not sure yet im gonna ask DOC and see what he recommends for it.

Happy growing and thanks for the kind words as well!!!:allgood:

I didn't want to confuse anyone on Doc's thread, so I'll offer my advice to you here. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've used Cat drench much later in flower a few times, as late as 3 weeks before harvest, and I've even done it early and late, as you're contemplating. For the ones you think got it too early, you should wait until you think the cat switch has emptied the ions and then switch back to Energy. The instructions say to feed one watering and then Energy after the Cat drench. Unless they're showing signs of hunger, I'd suggest a couple of straight waterings with a 1/4 dose of Trans watering before switching back to Energy. Let the drench do its work, before switching back to Energy.

Then when they're about 3-4 weeks from finish, you might consider one more drench. I've done it without ill effects, and the buds will swell up nicely. The drench will work best if the cations have had time to replenish, if I understand the process correctly.

From here until finish, if you feed those two 1/4 trans every time, then switch to Energy for a couple weeks, then a drench, and then finish on Energy, you'll do well and learn a little better how the tools work. You'd have 2 on plan and 2 off.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Did I make sense?

I didn't want to confuse anyone on Doc's thread, so I'll offer my advice to you here. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've used Cat drench much later in flower a few times, as late as 3 weeks before harvest, and I've even done it early and late, as you're contemplating. For the ones you think got it too early, you should wait until you think the cat switch has emptied the ions and then switch back to Energy. The instructions say to feed one watering and then Energy after the Cat drench. Unless they're showing signs of hunger, I'd suggest a couple of straight waterings with a 1/4 dose of Trans watering before switching back to Energy. Let the drench do its work, before switching back to Energy.

Then when they're about 3-4 weeks from finish, you might consider one more drench. I've done it without ill effects, and the buds will swell up nicely. The drench will work best if the cations have had time to replenish, if I understand the process correctly.

From here until finish, if you feed those two 1/4 trans every time, then switch to Energy for a couple weeks, then a drench, and then finish on Energy, you'll do well and learn a little better how the tools work. You'd have 2 on plan and 2 off.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Did I make sense?

You sure did and I very much appreciate the time to reply in detail +REP...you have been the most helpful member since I joined 420MAG and you deserve more than +REP.... you have my utmost respect Graytail as a grower and friend here!! thanks a lot brotha:cheer::high-five:

2 plants on par and 2 off is actually a bit exciting to me because now I get to experiment and learn the tools of high brix in much more detail like you stated.:peace:

live, learn, then smoke it :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom