Skoondawg's Soil, South African Bag Seed, HPS & CFL SCROG Cabinet 2016/17

I start smoking when it's dry. I have noticed that bud washing seems to somehow speed the curing process up. I always bud wash now.

Re: Skoondawg's Soil - South African Bag Seed - HPS & CFL SCROG Cabinet 2016/17

Thank you guys, looking forward to enjoying all the hard work, few more days drying and they'll be in jars.

How long do you guys like to cure for?

Thinking 2 weeks, and leave another bunch for a month. Once I start harvesting bigger with the new light set up, I'll be able to extend the curing to 1-3 months without running out!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
And what happens with your weed after 4 weeks in jars? ;]

After washing it took 5-6 days until it was dry to snap on most stems. I start smoking as soon as it smokes :)

i deboned and put in jars, as long as all the weed was gone some days ago. So the last jar has been curing 12 weeks. I cure as long as i smoke the buds :)

Washing drys more evenly, H2O2 wash also drys a littlebit faster in recommended environment afaik.

I will H2O2 wash my entire harvest again right after chop and blow it with clean air until the water rinsed off. It kills everything that could lead to mold or an explosion of bad bacteria. Then i hang in cardboard boxes till snap, after that they go in Ball Jars with 62% humidipack.

I think this time i will buy a vacuum zipper and put some of it 3 feet deep in the earth as an emergeny stash . .

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

And what happens with your weed after 4 weeks in jars? ;]

After washing it took 5-6 days until it was dry to snap on most stems. I start smoking as soon as it smokes :)

i deboned and put in jars, as long as all the weed was gone some days ago. So the last jar has been curing 12 weeks. I cure as long as i smoke the buds :)

Washing drys more evenly, H2O2 wash also drys a littlebit faster in recommended environment afaik.

I will H2O2 wash my entire harvest again right after chop and blow it with clean air until the water rinsed off. It kills everything that could lead to mold or an explosion of bad bacteria. Then i hang in cardboard boxes till snap, after that they go in Ball Jars with 62% humidipack.

I think this time i will buy a vacuum zipper and put some of it 3 feet deep in the earth as an emergeny stash . .

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

I start smoking when it's dry. I have noticed that bud washing seems to somehow speed the curing process up. I always bud wash now.
In small jars, going to cherish and smoke it wisely, maybe make some BHO for the vape, but predominantly bong and spliff .

Thanks guys, think mine will take another 2 days only, temp could be a bit lower, drying elsewhere and the temp is around 25-27deg so not ideal. Humidity is around 50 so its fine.

Didn't do any bud washing this time round but I definitely think I will do it next grow, haven't read anything bad about it yet! .

So now anything over 150g and I'll be happy .

Ok. Be careful with the BHO and protect your skin with thick thick leather and protect everything on your face, neck and body. Do it outside but have an eye on wind and there is no electricity arround you for at least 10 meters. There was an accident in germany while producing BHO

A german rap musician bought big ass extraction machinery from the states and blew up his music studio. 2 out of 5 big ass tanks went up. Cops found several kilos of weed. Poor guy lost both hands, alot of blood, 80% skin burned, still in a coma.

Not shure if i will use my queen bee extractor ever again.

Ok. Be careful with the BHO and protect your skin with thick thick leather and protect everything on your face, neck and body. Do it outside but have an eye on wind and there is no electricity arround you for at least 10 meters. There was an accident in germany while producing BHO

A german rap musician bought big ass extraction machinery from the states and blew up his music studio. 2 out of 5 big ass tanks went up. Cops found several kilos of weed. Poor guy lost both hands, alot of blood, 80% skin burned, still in a coma.

Not shure if i will use my queen bee extractor ever again.

Haha yeah I am really careful with the extraction, thanks for the heads up. Some people have no clue about the dangers, its quite scary. Dry weights coming up :D

Hello all :) so been a few days drying and time to debone and jar. I'm getting 1L corsol jars in the morning so for now they're in Tupperware containers just for over night.

Dry weight exceeded expectations, will probably still lose a few grams but hey I only thought I would get 100gs, very very pleased!

Left plant:

Wet weight = 384g
Dry weight = 90g big buds and smaller buds, 15g of popcorn, so 105g (3.7 ounces)

Big buds on the right, popcorn in the middle, medium to small buds on the left:
420-magazine-mobile1067893840.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1650974812.jpg

420-magazine-mobile742529569.jpg

Right plant:

Wet weight = 405g
Dry weight = 112g [3.95 ounces] (probably about 15g again of popcorn buds)

Metal tray was 509g
420-magazine-mobile1337332055.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1560793334.jpg

420-magazine-mobile982631692.jpg

Therefore total dry weight before going into jars

=== 217g or 7.65 ounces

Not bad! Really happy, looking forward to the next grow.oing to germinate some seeds in the next few days.

Will start and veg under cfl and or a 250w MH. Go for about 6-8weeks veg and then will start flower under a 12 cob led diy (600w) array if the finances go according to plan!

Thanks again for everyone who subbed and chimed in, must appreciated, I learned a lot!

Till next time!
. . .

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom