Slammy Pajammy's Indoor Organic Supersoil Ladies, 2019! 2nd Ever!

Happy Saturday @Slammy Pajama

hope you’re safe my friend

Happy weekend, my friend! Air quality is slightly better today, but it sounds like a few of the big fires south of us have just converged, so everybody is on high alert! I'm really hoping I don't have to leave my plant friends behind to burn anytime soon! :'(

How is life treating you in your neck of the woods?

Today's Update:

Temp: 23-32 degrees Celsius
RH: 42-62%

Ladies are looking so good! :') I'm going to be out of space very soon!! What a great problem to have :cheer:

Tea time!! So I'm still hoping to stay up on my tea game, to be sure they are still getting the potassium they need and to try and stay ahead of any other potential deficiencies
20200113_161558.jpg

Today's tea recipe is malted barley, kelp meal, coconut meal, and neem meal! Keepin it balanced with a nice variety of nutrient sources
20200113_161738.jpg

20200113_162038.jpg

Ground up and then mixed 1:1 with EWC

20200113_162254.jpg

And then into the molasses water for a 24hr brew

20200113_162307.jpg

Looking big and beautiful and green!!

20200113_162312.jpg

Rocky

20200113_162318.jpg

Chubby

20200113_162325.jpg

Speedy

20200113_162332.jpg

Cookie

20200113_162337.jpg

Wonky!

We have the same style for compost tea lol. Hard to beat the price of those leggings

Hahaha you got that right! You can get a good couple bags out of each legging if you cut them up right. I just wonder what people think when I head in to the supermarket to buy a bunch of them and nothing else... :laughtwo:

Today's Update:

Temp: 25-29 degrees Celsius
RH: 45-55%

Finally seeing a little more reasonable ambient temps lately! Making it way easier to keep cab conditions more ideal

Good thing the plants aren't outside though, everything keeps getting all covered in soot outdoors... I've never seen it so grubby outside.
20200114_120646.jpg
20200114_120424.jpg

Bonus blue tongue skink pics from my new little friend I saw outside by the worm bin today!

Just changed the filters on our respirators, as we've been wearing them around anytime we're outside... I'm a little surprised at how black the prefilter pads are... :'O (at least none of that made it through to the back side of the prefilter... whew)
20200111_111800.jpg

20200111_111811.jpg

Just starting to see some sad drooping today, so tea was timed perfectly! Woohoo! And my little chili plant looks like she was hungry for potassium as well, so good excuse to get everybody all tead up! :thumb: i think chili's are quite heavy potassium feeders

Got about 8 litres of tea spread across all 5 ladies before they were finally feeling nice and heavy again. Got them all shuffled around in the cab to keep anybody from getting too used to the light/wind in any particular spot. Wondering if I should also do a bit of defoliating down low? They are getting a little dense, but most of the leaves look to be in a good spot to get good light
20200114_164016.jpg

Getting so big! (Even when they are sad and droopy!)

20200114_164021.jpg

Rocky

20200114_164025.jpg

Chubby

20200114_164029.jpg

Speedy

20200114_164033.jpg

Cookie

20200114_164037.jpg

Wonky!

Today's Update:

Temp: 25-29 degrees Celsius
RH: 52-74%

Ladies are looking so beautiful!
20200115_210121.jpg

I really gotta start tying down wonky and Rocky, now that they're in their final pots... I've been a bit of a lazy gardener since going back to work! But that's ok. As long as they aren't starving, I'm happy :thumb:

20200115_210135.jpg

Rocky

20200115_210142.jpg

Chubby

20200115_210149.jpg

Speedy

20200115_210200.jpg

Cookie

20200115_210153.jpg

Wonky

Today's Update:

Temp: 26-29 degrees Celsius
RH: 57-78%

Finally got a replacement exhaust fan and filter up and running, to replace the one I robbed for ambient air quality. I wonder how quickly an expensive carbon filter will be wrecked by terrible smoky air quality :'(. Oh well... worth it to not die a terrible cancer-y and bronchitis-y death, I guess!

Can't seem to upload pics at the moment... which is tragic cuz everybody is looking so beautiful! That tea seems to have done the trick! I'm having to think about splitting off the two that will get flowered soon, so as to make room for these others to explode.

I'm torn... on the one hand, the bigger footprint of this light is great for 3 (I'll split this lot and flower 2, keep 3 in veg). BUT.... at the same time, it's a hell of a lot easier to control and monitor environmental conditions inside the cab, versus wherever my second setup would be (probably just in one of these closets)... and I'd definitely like to monitor and control that a little more for whoever is flowering...

I think I might even end up switching the lights around again, so I can have the big light in a closet with the 3 veg, and the 2 flowering in the cab under the Viparspectra. At least till I can get a tent or something set up as a secondary grow space. The mould in this house also freaks me tha eff out for having anything flowering in a less filtered space (not that I have UV filtering or anything set up in the cab, but still... the state of the bathrooms in this old house make me shudder thinking about what the closets are like...)

And the missus would NOT be happy about the necessary investment to get a tent plus fans and environment monitoring equipment at the moment... sigh. It's like she wants us to get our debts under control before accruing more, or something... so silly!

I think you could get away with a budget veg system. You seem pretty resourceful.

glad to see your post. I was literally typing out a wellness check when you posted this.

stay safe. Positive vibes my friend :high-five:

I think you could get away with a budget veg system. You seem pretty resourceful.

glad to see your post. I was literally typing out a wellness check when you posted this.

stay safe. Positive vibes my friend :high-five:

Thank you, my friend!! It means so much to me to have so much love and support cascading over at a time when we are in short supply. I am forever grateful to you and the 420 Mag community for the help and positivity you share, and can only hope that one day I can repay you with the magnitude of thanks you deserve! Your kind words and thoughts are such a bolster to my days, @Silverfox125 :hug:. Can't thank you enough!

Yesterday's update:

Temp: 24-29 degrees Celsius
RH: 45-62%

Still looking good! But starting to fight each other for space in the cab a little bit! You know what that means... :D
20200120_183530.jpg

I'll probably move the big three out of the cab with the big light, and then slap the Viparspectra back in the cab and see how Rocky and Wonky like it. Looking so good now!

20200120_183537.jpg

Rocky

20200120_183541.jpg

Chubby

20200120_183546.jpg

Speedy

20200120_183551.jpg

Cookie

20200120_183601.jpg

Wonky

When do you think you’ll flip the light schedule?

I've got them all split up now, so I'll probably give them a couple days in the cab to get used to the different light and to dial in the intensity, and then once they're happy I'll go ahead and flip! They're still reasonably small, but I'm thinking these other ones will be HUGE by the time they're finished anyway, so they've only gotta last till then!

Looking a little potassium hungry in the cab again, so I'll probably brew up another tea pretty soon too so we don't head into flower looking hungry

I may even end up only getting two in the cab after these and having the fifth one sitting in veg another 4-6 months while everybody else flowers out. Looks like we hopefully wont be running out again anytime soon! And hopefully I'll get a system set up to press rosin by the time I get a decent harvest this time around!! :drool:

Today's update:

Can't upload pics again today :(. Getting very bummed about that, I'm hoping its a problem with the website currently and not an issue with this effing phone :/

Got in and finally did a much-needed tying down and training to the ladies in the cab to spread them out a bit and better use the space in the cab, as well as hopefully get some more shoots to come in and fill in some of the space left by the smaller lower colas stretching up. Not quite as tight as I'd like those internodes to be, so we'll try and get them to fill out a bit while they're adjusting to the light

Definitely need to get a tea brewing tomorrow, as everybody will be ready for a watering. Just got a little late tonight and I don't want to be stuck watering this time tomorrow night!

Veg ladies are looking good and big. Might try and find some time tomorrow to get them into their final pots so I can really start tying and training them as well, as I'm sure they'll be needing it just as bad as the soon-to-be flower girls!

Today's Update (pics to come... maybe?)

Temp: 24-32 degrees Celsius
RH: 45-55%

Still don't know why my pics won't upload.... sometimes they do, sometimes they don't :'(

Ladies are looking good though! (I guess you have to just take my word for it... haha). Seeing a little bit of recovery from the training yesterday. It's incredible how quickly they bend themselves back up to face the light!

Got a tea started brewing today; malted barley, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, and coconut meal! Still trying to boost the potassium, while also catering to the extra nitrogen the flower girls will need heading into the stretch soon. Still waiting to flip, but will have to be soon! I'll see how they do after this next tea watering, and it might be time!

Hopefully I can get pics up tomorrow morning, and then tomorrow night I might try to up-pot the other three into final containers before giving everybody a good dosing of tea! Should be a wild ride! :thumb:

Training definitely could've happened a little earlier, and would've probably saved some of that stretching from happening with the lower shoots reaching to catch up to the top ones, but oh well! I'm still happy enough with how they look, thanks @Silverfox125 :thumb:

Which brings me to the update... the flip has officially commenced in the cab! Plugged the timer in yesterday, so last night was officially their first 12hr darkness, so we should see some exciting changes in the coming weeks! (If I can upload any pics...)

I was tempted to leave them going for a while after the training, to let them bunch up some tighter nodes all round before flipping, but the missus is a little desperate to have something to smoke, so I figured we don't need to wait and maximise yield if we have so many other (and bigger) ones coming right along behind them. So as long as we get something, it'll tie us over to having some more! Plus ideally I'd like to get all these plants through before July, as we will probably be moving again around then; so if I can time it right, we won't have to move actual plants, just jars

Really need to up-pot the three veggers into their final pots soon!! That's the next big priority! But we'll update as the flower flip progresses!! :)

Back
Top Bottom