Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed

Re: Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed - Blue Planet Nutrients

hey there, have recently joined and checked out your other 2 journals, hope you dont mind if i come along for this ride and watch the grow happen. i haven't yet got a journal happening - this is my progress at 6 weeks

P1050422.JPG

Great update Smokem! I'm glad the BPN is doing its thing. I love the stuff. I'm only using the 2 part high yield but it works wonders. The two part has all the goodies I need for all stages of growth. I love the liquid blue and seaweed extract. Smells wonderful!~! I'm still on the fence about growing one girl but I am leaning that way more and more. Your grows have been convincing me. My wife and I watched Weed country the other day. She wants to know why my plants are not that big!!! Well outside sun and space!!!! I will admit I want one of those big ass cola laden plants in my tent.

Hey Smoke..oh yeah..all my teens are in LSTing..i picked the hash plant because shes really growing..loving the lst..i got about 9 buds sites up top and more coming..i say hash plant..but i'm going to try to get a lb out of all my plants..the hash olant is the only indica i got growing..today is feed day..for all plants..the hash plant gets repotted in a 5 gal..she may get 5 ft..i try to keep my pot size 1 gal/ft of plants..plus today is update day..i just left the Boss's crew..they been fed..i got pics..so now i got to deal with these teens and babies..photos up around 6 pm..a lot to do ...

Hey Sikness,
Glad to see you on board!! And for 6 weeks thats a pretty nice looking bud, How many girls you got going and are they in soil or Hydro?
I use soil as youve probably read, a 400w MH/HPS combo but I do have 600w HPS if needed..
What strain is that too? Looks like a NL's cross I grew few years back...

Lol.. Springa Youll be right, do not feel bad for not having monster plants - for some of us, its easier to grow larger plants due to space, but if youre restricted you need to make arrangements for a different grow time/style..
And yeah, the BPN may well be some majik stuff:) Will see how she s looking come flower time.. She is pushing branches out all over and Im trying not to slow her down and to try help her reach 3.5ft before I flower her. She doesnt have that far to go, she s about half way atm.. Its your call on what you grow, but if you only get say, 6-8 oz dry from your normal 1 plant grows, maybe try a 1 plant LST set out same as my few and Ill guide you thru it step by step and help ya double that weight!!
Take care buddy, chat soon.. Smokemup

Verbal Kent - THATS A MAN WITH A PLAN.. ( dunno if ya ve seen 'The Usual suspects ' )
Yeah well close to a pound off each plant is what Id be doing too bro:) Nothing less, If I was going outdoors Id have some trees mate!! Its not much to expect from 1 plant really IMO - long as the pot is big enough or it is grown in a sunny area.
I have faith in ya, and the Hash plant or which ever will be fine - we got the tools - between us we can create a master piece or 2!! I gotta update a few pics myself soon. Take care buddy, Chat soon. Smokemup:goodjob:

hey smoke
thanks for having me on board and thanks for the compliment on my girl - i think i may have finally got something right this grow. at present 2 girls going. the one you see is in hydro (expanded clay 75% / coco 25%) which i am running on 'flairform' nutes. the other i am more experimenting with, its in soil and watered manually with left over nutes from reservoir or plain water (as im wanting to see the difference between them under lights).
i am using a combo of 600w MH/HPS as the first few grows i had using a 400w were not so successful, so i decided to up it a bit.
and as far as the strain i am not sure sadly, some nice outdoor bush grow indoor is about the best indication, here is a better photo anyway without the light running... (just over 6 weeks)
peace and thanks for the reply..
20130329_190357.jpg

That looks like it should finish up well for ya mate! Them nightime pics are better during flower as the trichs are very visible!!
And ya gotta give credit where credit is due..
Cant wait for a couple weeks.. I use a 400w HPS or a 600w depends on plant really.. Thanks for stopping in again mate. Catch ya later, Smokemup

Hey guys,
Hope all had a great easter.. I was baked so it was fine by me:) TOKIN"
Kids got freaked out by grandparents.. They hid eggs under the dirt and all over the property - but they decided to make " Wabbit Twacks " as Elmur Fudd would say and scratched paw prints here n there in the soil.. MAN IT FREAKED MY BOYS OUT!! lol.. They literally thought there was a giant friggin rabbit getting around. I showed him a MEME I had on how easter eggs were made which was a pic of a rabbit humpin a chicken :) I think it stuck in his head!!
Anyways, thought Id show some pics of my mates outdoor girl been topped and left alone until I rescued it, its going under a HPS soon.. What do you think??
2013-03-31_14_45_39.jpg
2013-03-31_14_45_26.jpg
2013-03-31_14_45_12.jpg

She s quite impressive lil thing - stands about 3.5ft tall and had been in need of a trim too!! This was after I trimmed her! Hoping to bulk her up alot more as it will not grow well in this weather atm.
AND FINALLY >> MY TRIBUTE TO PREDATOR>>> ( scene: where predator picks up the dead scorpion and looks at it in his palm ) I LIKE PREDATOR.. Soz..

2013-04-01_11_24_58.jpg
C/o Lucy:)

Lucy is tremendous, I am stoked with her growth tho one side has began to gain height on the other so Im trying to even it up best I can.. Great growth lots of big fans and shoots..
Take care guys, Smokemup

Well it couldnt of been as bad as this break, which happened in veg.
DSCN5335.JPG

which still turned into this :)
DSCN6475.JPG
0031004.JPG
004928.JPG

Hey love the picks there Jimmy, had one that did the same thing during a little lst and really didnt think much of it felt something give but wasnt to concerned looked the next day split thegirl right down the midle from the top of the plant, was thinking ohh shit, but a few zip ties and a little more lst and she came around , lol I know what you mean if the plant is still atatched she will grow, Peace OG.

Killa grow mate .

mine happened when a 50 pound light crashed directly on top of 5 plants, that one was just LST so it made it a perfect breaking point. It was weird though that plant got it the worst but had the best yield out of all the others that the lights fell on. Chemdawg is a hearty strain.

@Smokenheimer III you just keep it outside Smokey. That thing looks like it only has a few weeks left and it looks really nice too.

So what you think that it would be better to leave her out getting minimal light than pop her under light for a couple weeks?? Im just thinking its maybe getting 7 hrs direct light then rest is just radiant. So if she was getting a full 12hr 6oow on her she may have enough time left to bloom and gain more bulk? She s on Liquid blue now too:)

7 hours direct sun is way more light then 12 hours of hps.

How is that Jim?? Im not bein smart ass - Just wondering what the reasoning is?
Id have thought that having the 12hrs light would be better - as I understand the sun produces more light - but its cloudy one day/rainy the next, half sunny the next.. So 12 hours of full light SHOULDNT IT produce more growth than just the 7hrs? I know people use more dark time during flower to speed it up or what ever but yeah, I could swear the longer the light tho between 7-12hrs should grow it bigger.. Have you had an outdoor plant flowering in cloudy conditions with random sunny patches? How did it grow for you if so??
At the end of the day I dont care really, its not for me, but was just trying to maybe help him.. Thanks bro ;) Glad to have your opinion@@ Take care, Smokemup

* PHOTO UPDATE - LUCY *

Hello everyone, Thanks for taking the time to stop by:):) Hope you all have been well..
I have been pretty flat out but thats life! Lucy has pretty much recovered from the break and is gradually catching up but it lacks height compared to where it should be.
Lucy s grow otherwise, is great! She s showing nice fresh green growth all the time and is getting to be rather tall and bushy already so I am excited too see what she does and if she keeps up her aroma Ill be a happy camper..
Still has purple coloring slightly thru her - COOL;) - I will be starting to permanent tether her branches soon, as she is nearly 2.5ft wide so Im planning ahead and trying to stay on top of her growth. Ive trimmed a couple of fans so far - but am only taking whats needed to try to keep her with as much fans as possible, dont want to trim as heavy as Kiksumass s was. It possibly stunted/slowed her growth too?
Ive still been feeding Lucy Vita-Blu and Seaweed extract, this seems to be a nice combo together.
I havent seen many Funky gnats, there were a couple here n there but since small pebbles on top its kept them out a bit and hope fully put em off a bit:)
Ok, heres a few pics of her, SAY CHEESE:):)

2013-04-01_18_40_19.jpg
2013-04-01_18_39_38.jpg
2013-04-01_18_39_51.jpg
2013-04-01_18_39_381.jpg

You might be able to see the original cola s current height - Slightly lower than the rest - well its getting more of a gap now. Im trying to keep that cola growing well after its split, it stayed alive so thats a start I guess.
Take care, and thanks for droppin in... Smokemup:welcome::thumb:

So what you think that it would be better to leave her out getting minimal light than pop her under light for a couple weeks?? Im just thinking its maybe getting 7 hrs direct light then rest is just radiant. So if she was getting a full 12hr 6oow on her she may have enough time left to bloom and gain more bulk? She s on Liquid blue now too:)

i would imagine if you left it outside there's no guarantee of solid sunlight for X amount of hours per day - surely outside this time of year would not increase the mass as much as summer time? although the plant does look fantastic! at least with HPS you know exactly what and when the plant is getting it and its getting it consistently so theoretically it should boom for the last part with the right nutes.

ps. lucy is looking lovely

Thanks Sikness..
Thats what I was reasoning with myself - days are cloudy/partialy sunny at best, with rainy days in between.. So the light that plants getting is not as much as it COULD get in better light. So thats why I thought, 12hrs of 600w for next few weeks, SHOULD give the plant MORE light and also time too which in essence is just as good as leaving it out in a moderately sunny day for 12hrs rather than a cloudy day for 7hrs.
It has started to finish up quickly as like 2 weeks ago there were barely any calyxes at all - so its done this in shorter time than my indoor girls did?? So I was just trying to help him maybe get more weight on it with the BPN flower nutes I gave him.. NOT MUCH _ JUST ENUF UNTIL HE FINISHED HER:)
Id like that to bulk up - its got some potent smell to it and would like to see some coke can sized buds on them branches, then it would be better for me - ID BE TAXING A BUD FOR THE SERVICES!! Phat nugs Im thinkin...
Cheers for Lucys comments, She s not bad - but I am disappointed that I snapped her original main cola, its left me with an un even canopy now, its growing but I need it to catch up some more for positioning..Cant believe it snapped, I knew I had tension on it, thats what I reached down to slack off and as soon as my hands were free from the branch SNAP it went - Man I coulda kicked my own ass..
But luckily she healed and is still going well after what happened. Hope she keeps up the growth, her leaves are becoming immense!!!
Later Sik, Smokemup:thumb:

Springa.. Hey bro;)
Thanks buddy.. Yep, She sure is, its actually come a bit faster than I noticed, her height now is getting close to the same as when I flipped Kiksum, So she will hopefully hit 3.5ft in a couple weeks. have to set her out and due to her original cola snapping, it is not as tall as the other branches now - So Im hoping she ll take off soon?
She is keeping her solid stem growing and all leaves and shoots on it, so she is ok as far as I can tell. I was just saying before to Fishcake, that I DO think that using this Vita-Blue, has given Lucy a slight boost in vigour or rapid growth, as she SEEMS to be moving pretty quickly and has some big leaves and shoots coming out very fast too daily, Nice fresh green growth;) I am just trying to set her out properly and not stuff her up. SHE s OFFICIALLY A SHE!! WHITE PRE- HAIRS- CHECK!:)
I am trying to get her to 3.5/4ft tall then shell be flipped and we will see if we get any purple color in these buds at all? Probably not, its maybe just in the stems, IDK, But its interesting either way to think hopefully I MAY have some PURPLE comin on!!!
Thanks for the nice words on her - Ill leave it a couple days between snaps so I can hopefully see if there has been a change in her size. I HOPE SO??
CHEERS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT TOO - YOUR COMPANY HAS BEEN WELCOMED:):):circle-of-love::welcome:
Take care, Chat soon... Smokemupm8:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom