SmokeyMcFly's First Auto Grow - Soil - Kandy Kush - Haze - BlueBerry - LED Mars II

Re: SmokeyMcFly's first Auto Grow - Soil - Kandy Kush, Haze, BlueBerry - LED MarsII

Thanks CannaMeds. I ended up chopping the cola tonight and moved the pot up so the bottom row of buds can finish off fully and will probably pick them this weekend. Here are some shots of the freshly trimmed cola. Nothing like using the cola as your test bud :thumb:

IMAG039814.jpg
IMAG039720.jpg
IMAG039520.jpg

Re: SmokeyMcFly's first Auto Grow - Soil - Kandy Kush, Haze, BlueBerry - LED MarsII

Remaining plants and new drying box. It is attached to one of the air inlets to the tent so it gets air movement through it and gets carbon scrubbed to keep the smell down.

IMAG041317.jpg
IMAG041115.jpg
IMAG041015.jpg
IMAG040713.jpg

I am starting to see lots of amber on the Candy but the rest of the plant doesn't look like its even close. More of the pistils are white than orange and it just started showing some purple leaves. Should I pay more attention to the trics or the way the rest of the plant looks? I will pull it out tomorrow night and try and get some good shots in natural light for you guys. Its the first plant in my prev post.

Thanks!

Gratz on the top chop Smokey Hope shes as tasty as she looks and stoney enough to slam you to the floor lol
you can go by either but the trichs is more accurate
ive gone by hairs before it wasn't too bad and it was really good was mostly cloudy tho but still kicked ass
I didn't get something to check with till after so I did get to look at it after :rofl:

oh yea plants are looking good Sweet Update man

Subbed. Thank you so much for answering my questions in chronics journal. I tend to do a rapid fire questions if I have subbed to a journal to late and theres tons of pages to read through. I love the leds but feel ultimately they still have a ways to go. So what you were saying is that leds cant yield like a hps but what if you had equivalent wattage the same as hps. Also if my panel uses 3 watt diodes will the 5 watt diodes go well with them or just drown them out. Is it better to get many smaller panels or 1 bigger panel? I was taking a look at the mars2 1200 watt. The main reason I mentioned the cfl is mainly to try and negate some of the alien invasion colors. My girl has guests come over and I told her to cut that shit out but yeah haha anyways that is my reasoning. Has anyone done a mars2 comparison to a diamond or blackdog? Mine is a G8 led I think dormgrow sells them which is a sponsor but I got mine through amazon before I even checked out the sponsors or belonged to this site. Thank you for taking your time to answer me I very much appreciate it and this site because it is so hard to know people offline to talk to about these things. Cant be to careful is my policy.

Candy Kush shots. She has some sugar leaves that are all amber, you can see it with your bare eyes. I think she is ready, what you guys and gals think?

IMAG041614.jpg
IMAG041814.jpg
IMAG042414.jpg

Do you think she is ok to chop KJC or is it too hard to tell from these craptastic pictures?

Thanks in advance!

I would need some photographs under normal light to see the colours of your plants to make a determination. I would give more importance to the colours of your trichomes then the pistils.

I would need some photographs under normal light to see the colours of your plants to make a determination. I would give more importance to the colours of your trichomes then the pistils.

Fair enough, thanks. I am going to give her a few more days. My drying box I made is almost filled up from chopping the rest of the blueberry tonight. The sugar leaves have lots of amber on them but the actual buds don't yet. I don't think waiting three more days or so will hurt them much.

This could change tomorrow though I get antsy when they are close and change my mind about a million times if i'm gonna chop them or not lol.

A shot of the biggest of the secondary buds.

IMAG042514.jpg

Subbed. Thank you so much for answering my questions in chronics journal. I tend to do a rapid fire questions if I have subbed to a journal to late and theres tons of pages to read through. I love the leds but feel ultimately they still have a ways to go. So what you were saying is that leds cant yield like a hps but what if you had equivalent wattage the same as hps. Also if my panel uses 3 watt diodes will the 5 watt diodes go well with them or just drown them out. Is it better to get many smaller panels or 1 bigger panel? I was taking a look at the mars2 1200 watt. The main reason I mentioned the cfl is mainly to try and negate some of the alien invasion colors. My girl has guests come over and I told her to cut that shit out but yeah haha anyways that is my reasoning. Has anyone done a mars2 comparison to a diamond or blackdog? Mine is a G8 led I think dormgrow sells them which is a sponsor but I got mine through amazon before I even checked out the sponsors or belonged to this site. Thank you for taking your time to answer me I very much appreciate it and this site because it is so hard to know people offline to talk to about these things. Cant be to careful is my policy.

Thanks for stopping by, hopefully I can answer some of your questions.

I have experience with a 1k watt hps and now a ~350 real draw 5w chip LED. Unfortunately I have only grown autos under the LED and they don't yield like normal plants so I can't really compare yield of one to the other, not that it would really be fair to anyway.

I can tell you that I was able to have plants much closer to the 1k watt hps then I was able to the 5w chips at all stages of their life, even my non auto 2 month old plants don't like being 3' or less to it. Based on this I have to believe that if you had 1k watts of 5w chip LED you could yield significantly more and cover a bigger growing area then you could with the 1k hps. The light I have is ~350 watt draw and rated for 3.5' x 3.5' and I had no issues filling a 2x4 tent with the light even at the far edges I had good growth. Three of these would easily cover 3.5'-4' x 10'-12' depending on how high you keep them. Compared to a 4x4 area maybe 5x5 you would get out of a single 1k hps. Even if the hps yields a bit more per plant you can grow twice as many plants for the same power. But like I said I have not grown non auto plants under LED yet who knows :D

As far as if its better to go with several smaller panels or a bigger one there are lots involved in making that decision. Do you want spare lights if one fails you still have light, do you need to cover odd areas, do you want extra space between the plants or do you want to cram them together and on and on.

One thing I did notice is a couple of the models of MarsII lights actually have more chips per square foot of coverage then the others. I think the 900w advertised model is denser then the 700w if I remember correctly. I don't know exactly what effect this has but seems like more chips per inch the stronger the light would be to me.

I am not sure of any comparisons between topled and the others but I know DocBud has a journal going now with the dormgrow light if you wanna check that out. The TopLED was the first one I found that was affordable and had lots of grow journals proving what it could do. I didn't need to look any further and I would never go back to HID. I am very happy with the TopLED products and will be getting a couple more in the not to distant future :thumb:

I think I have balls, on both of my plushberrys :( Can you see good enough to tell? The first pic its the node above my finger, I chopped the fan leaf off right there so you could see better. On the second plant its bigger and easer to see. I really hate my camera.

IMAG043116.jpg
IMAG042713.jpg

Its looking great man! Have u tried her out yet? I am guessing u did not want males(if they are male) unlucky... But then the next ones will you have the odds on your side. Everything Else ok with u?

Other then feeling like I just got lucky enough to take two sexy ladies home from the bar at the same time only to find out once we got home they have balls up their skirts I am doing well :D I have only tried the blueberry was just a small bud i picked a couple weeks ago. It had the bad taste of quick dried early picked bud but it did have a decent head buzz to it already.

That totally worked CannaMeds thanks. More pics on there way.

Hey man. So how do you like that mars2? Ive seen a lot of people using them. Are they 3 watt diodes? How much was it and how many watts? I us a 450 watt g8 led but I want to add more led very soon possibly after august.

what is that Smokey?

Back
Top Bottom