SoilGuy's LED Indoor Soil Grow, Easy Ryder & Diesel Ryder

Soilguy, did Mike keep in communication with you? He said my light would be shipped last Monday, however no tracking, no response to email or phone!

Really tempted to cancel the paypal and just go get a 600w HID system, should I stay the course and just wait?

Mike would contact me by email after I would send him one, typically a day or two later. Several times I contacted him asking when he would ship or I would receive a tracking number. On those occasions, the first time he told me he was waiting for a shipment of lights before he could send mine.

Second time he told me my order would be shipped by the end of the next week. I waited 2 weeks and then emailed again.

The third time he apologized, gave me a tracking number, and told me the package would be in fedex hands by the end of the next day.

The next day, he did NOT drop the package off at fedex. I waited 2 more days then emailed him asking what the delay was. He did not respond this time but did drop off my light at fedex the next day.

My general impression of Mike and his company is that he has more orders than he knows how to fill and not enough staff or inventory to handle it.

Personally, I'd stick it out but I guess that just depends on how soon you want your lights. If you can wait a bit, I think that you will for sure get your lights from Mike, its just a matter of time.

The general consensus seems to be that it takes about 2 months to get lights from Mike. How long has it been for you since you made payment?

FWIW - That looks like a bitchin' light! I bet the ladies will thrive under it.

What are your initial impressions?

FWIW - That looks like a bitchin' light! I bet the ladies will thrive under it.

What are your initial impressions?

Considering I've never grown these strains it makes it more difficult to determine but I would say that the plants have noticeably improved underneath the LED's. The growth seems pretty amazing. Not sure if itls because they are auto flowers, or it's the LEDs, or both.

The general consensus seems to be that it takes about 2 months to get lights from Mike. How long has it been for you since you made payment?

Sent out the moolah 1st week of September - although to give Mike credit I contacted him a few days earlier and he said if I didn't order immediately it would be a 2 week wait.

Got to also give the company credit as a small business, understand cash flow and whatnot, just wish I had ordered at the right time!

Until then, CFLs... :goodluck: With your grow!

Day 12:

Diesel Ryder #1
rsz_img_0245.jpg

Easy Ryder #1
rsz_img_0246.jpg

Easy Ryder #2
rsz_img_0247.jpg

Diesel Ryder #2
rsz_img_0248.jpg

By surprise, the Diesel Ryder #1 is the tallest, most developed.

Next comes the Easy Ryders, they are both pretty much the same, slightly behind Diesel Ryder #1.

However, the runt of the group has become apparent. Diesel Ryder #2 is picking up pace but the slow start has put it behind the others.

Looking good man how far is the LED from seedlings?

24 inches from the canopy to the light.

Asked Mike his recommendation and he said: "You can place the light up to 30 inches away from your seedling and drop it down to about 14 to 24 inches for the veg stage and same for flowering."

The light is as high as it goes so at this point I can't move it any further away from the plants.

I hope the plants do not grow too tall and get too close to the light!

I fried my first set of seedlings under LEDs. :straightface:

If they start looking like they may get too tall, I wonder if you could dial back the light time by a few hours. With that much light, I doubt you'll get much stretching.

Looks good but I was just thinking they should be bigger then that for 2 weeks my 2 diesels was twice that size at 2 weeks under 4 26w cfl's in a pc case

Thanks!

That was my objective though, to keep them all short. CFL's can promote stretching depending on their placement, hence the reason I didn't want to use them.

Also, Diesel Ryder #1 is over twice the size of Diesel Ryder #2. Clearly, #2 is a runt.

I'm not trying to create height or size as much as I am trying to create nodes, and the LED's have done what they have advertised, which is to create more nodes in a smaller space :thumb:

I sent Mike a email today about my light he wrote back a few hours later said my order would be shipped out next week and and that he will let me know as soon as it ships. Sounds familiar lol should have it in the next 2+ weeks if history repeats itself. I'm so anxious to get it I know what you went thru now haha

Back
Top Bottom