Some yellowing

Spidermight

so i'm feeding mega crop in soil.

i'm using their calculator, however, i'm always feeding more than what they recommend rn because i'm getting nutrient deficiency, can't seem to make it go away.

ph 5.8 - 6.2

pot size: 5 gal

photo_2021-07-25_21-06-29.jpg

photo_2021-07-25_21-06-31.jpg

photo_2021-07-25_21-06-32.jpg

photo_2021-07-25_21-06-34.jpg

photo_2021-07-25_21-06-36.jpg

also i would like to add - 2 out of 4 plants have the issue, despite being fed the exact same water, and the healthiest plant is the one that is in a undesized pot for it's size, so perhaps it is a nutrien def?

Do you know which version of MC you have ? Version 2 was a dark Gray / Brown. V3 was a dull white / Slight Gray.
V4 is a Bright white ? All 3 have different ratios of things in it. I am using V4 & have to add Nitrogen & Mono Silicic Acid (Silica). I also use a small amount of Cal Mag. I use Mr. Sauga's Nute Calculations from Hydro Buddy.

How long ago did you buy your MC? There have been four or five versions and some are not as good as others.

How much are you feeding?

Do you know which version of MC you have ? Version 2 was a dark Gray / Brown. V3 was a dull white / Slight Gray.
V4 is a Bright white ? All 3 have different ratios of things in it. I am using V4 & have to add Nitrogen & Mono Silicic Acid (Silica). I also use a small amount of Cal Mag. I use Mr. Sauga's Nute Calculations from Hydro Buddy.
i guess v3? the one with the Asian gran pa on the picture.

5.8 pH is too low for soil. 6.3 - 6.5 is best.
Are you in Veg or Flower ? Are the yellow leaves at the Top, Bottom or throughout the plant ?
i'd have to disagree - canna terra (the soil i'm using) calls for 5.8 - 6.4 and i've never had issues at this range with other fertilizers, i'm always closer to 6.4 than 5.8 tho

i'm in veg.

none at the top, mostly middle-bottom

i'm looking to only run MG (less hassle, i wanna keep it simple), can i make the deficiency go away without adding stuff like cal mag etc?

Canna terra is best fed 5.8 to 6.4 you are better feeding closer to 5.8 through veg and steadily raising it to around 6.4 through flower.

I use version 3mc and only ever add a tiny bit of calmag, are you watering to run off everytime?

If not they might benefit from a flush.

Canna terra is best fed 5.8 to 6.4 you are better feeding closer to 5.8 through veg and steadily raising it to around 6.4 through flower.

I use version 3mc and only ever add a tiny bit of calmag, are you watering to run off everytime?

If not they might benefit from a flush.
no, i water until saturation, with little run off just to let me know they're drenched

yeah i was thinking about a flush. do i have to adjust the ph of the flushing water? i'd be easier to run it under tap water and then just water it at the right PH?

That’s a lot of plant for only 5 gallons of soil. How long has it been in that container?

also noticed the tile floor…. kinda betting there is concrete slab under tile floor - it’s called a heat sink. An indoor concrete slab stays at 55 degrees in winter and jumps to 56 degrees in summer - some strains are more reactive to cold feet, could be the combo of cold feet / wet feet. Have you tried elevating it above the tile floor with wood blocks or milk crate? don’t use brick since it will absorb cool temp from the floor. Sitting on the floor there is definitely lack of air flow under the bucket.

also let’s check on your wet dry cycle thing. How many holes in bottom & what size holes are they? Recently saw a grower had half dozen 1/8 inch holes but problem was a droplet of water is bigger than 1/8 inch so it didn’t drain well at all.

How confident are you on your watering habits? How many days do you wait between watering sessions?

Maybe try this - tilt the bucket to steep 45 degree angle and prop it so it won’t roll or tumble. Leave it propped up for full 24 hours, bucket should pee some water out and reset water table to lower level. Take a pic of the puddlle and post it here.

chicks don’t like to sit in a wet puddle….. most likely it’s nutes etc and the yellow leaves will not turn green again but hopefully it won’t continue to spread,

Best of luck - keep us posted

Back
Top Bottom