Someone broke into my house to steal weed

fatbuds420

someone broke into my house this night, i live in a rich neighborhood and this kinda shit doesn't happen to often, today i wake up and my weed isn't on my balcony anymore (it was a huge plant) prob 2 or more people stole it with a ladder, crazy shit, my dog didn't even bark. really weird stuff, with all the lights and neighbors and shit. looks like ain't smoking this year, rip first grow

I expect to hear about a lot of this happening in Canada. I had it happen last year. Thankfully the plants were surplus to the requirements of my indoor medicinal grow. It kept me from growing outdoors this year.

I expect to hear about a lot of this happening in Canada. I had it happen last year. Thankfully the plants were surplus to the requirements of my indoor medicinal grow. It kept me from growing outdoors this year.
too bad my dog didn't bark, the story would've been much different, i still can't believe someone would go through the struggle of climbing into my balcony with a ladder with neighbors and lights all around and nobody saw anything

Horrible ;( does your dog usually bark at strangers? Or friends?

Personally id get a cheap night vision camera for security reasons, pointing right at the balcony doors from inside. Just incase the fuckers ever come back. Then atleast you would know who did it. I dont advise retaliation however because its only weed and its not worth getting stabbed over. But carma may bite that person in the butt someday.

It happened down in Etobicoke last week. The guy noticed his motion light went off. He looked out and two guys were trying to steal his plants. He confronted them and ended up getting stabbed. He's OK and I understand the police are looking into it. I agree you'll hear more of these stories now.
I'm wondering how Insurance companies are going to handle it. I haven't seen any changes in my policy that don't cover stolen cannabis plants. :)

Curious about an ins. claim. A friend lost fourty nine plants due to a power outage that lasted just under seven days. A legal medical grow. A claim has been issued so we will see what the outcome will be.

Let us know the results please. I'm very interested in whether they'll cover the plants, and what the valuation will be.

Agreed that's a bummer but not unforseen. Rule number one in grow club, don't talk about grow club. If they don't know it's there they won't bother. I would be getting a new dog, he has one job. Unless your patio faces the road or a lake, some where public with high traffic. You probably already know the person.

I tried to warn as many people as I could around here against it, but I think we'll see an awful lot of broken hearts for the next couple harvest seasons.

Agreed that's a bummer but not unforseen. Rule number one in grow club, don't talk about grow club. If they don't know it's there they won't bother. I would be getting a new dog, he has one job. Unless your patio faces the road or a lake, some where public with high traffic. You probably already know the person.

I tried to warn as many people as I could around here against it, but I think we'll see an awful lot of broken hearts for the next couple harvest seasons.
thing that surprises me the most is that my dog didn't bark, every dog in the neighbourhood barks when a stranger approaches. this time none of the dogs barked. i'm thinking it could've been someone the dogs know hence why they didn't bark. especially my neighbors dog would've barked for sure if it was a stranger. i only suspect one neighbour, all others are old people who would never do such thing, but there is one kid that could've potentially saw the plant though the roof, idk. only 2 people could've seen them, and he is the only one i suspect, i also have 2 friend's who know about it. one guy is chill and i've known him for a very long time so i don't suspect him at all, the other guy, has 4 plants on the balcony too, so i don't think he'd take such risk, and risk going to jail for his 4 plants + stealing. unless he got someone to do it for him. idk.

You'll drive yourself crazy worrying about a situation that there's no recourse for. Water under the bridge now sadly.

The worst part about rippers, their stupid people, for so many obvious reasons. But the thing that gets me the most, your not even stealing that great of weed, it's still premature, that's why it's on the plant.

I'm sure there are a few out there that scout shit out well enough to grab some plants in the harvest window. But for the most part they always grab shit a couple weeks before it's actually ready. IDK, like I said just stupid.

thing that surprises me the most is that my dog didn't bark, every dog in the neighbourhood barks when a stranger approaches. this time none of the dogs barked. i'm thinking it could've been someone the dogs know hence why they didn't bark. especially my neighbors dog would've barked for sure if it was a stranger. i only suspect one neighbour, all others are old people who would never do such thing, but there is one kid that could've potentially saw the plant though the roof, idk. only 2 people could've seen them, and he is the only one i suspect, i also have 2 friend's who know about it. one guy is chill and i've known him for a very long time so i don't suspect him at all, the other guy, has 4 plants on the balcony too, so i don't think he'd take such risk, and risk going to jail for his 4 plants + stealing. unless he got someone to do it for him. idk.

you can be sure that if it was someone on your street you might be able to take a walk and smell your plant drying. is there a dog walker in the area? they wouldn't bark at him lol.

too bad my dog didn't bark, the story would've been much different, i still can't believe someone would go through the struggle of climbing into my balcony with a ladder with neighbors and lights all around and nobody saw anything

Seems to me that it could have been someone that is close to you and your dogs. Sorry Brother.

I'm wondering how Insurance companies are going to handle it. I haven't seen any changes in my policy that don't cover stolen cannabis plants. :)

insurance companies are still treating legal cannabis grows as outright illegal activity.

growing cannabis on your property automatically makes all insurance null and void. any claims for losses are denied. losses of plants grown outdoor are reported to police as illegal activity, as all outdoor grows in canada require authority from the municipality. at present no municipality allows it.

in short, it is the same or worse as prohibition. keep them out of it until such time there is an insurance policy expressly covering cannabis.

btw: the same companies denying private citizens are falling all over themselves to insure commercial operations.

losses of plants grown outdoor are reported to police as illegal activity, as all outdoor grows in canada require authority from the municipality. at present no municipality allows it.

The HRM allows outdoor grows with some restrictions:
"In the urban and suburban areas of the municipality, plants will have to be grown inside or in a detached structure, like a shed or greenhouse, to help ensure public safety and to mitigate the potential impact of the smell of the plants interfering with a neighbour’s enjoyment of their own property.

If you live on a lot where you don’t have municipally provided sewer and water, you will be able to grow your plants outside as there is generally much more space between properties."

There are insurance companies that will cover damage to your home if you are growing cannabis. You'll need to talk to an agent to find out how growing affects your coverage. The agent provides a degree of separation from the insurance company, so they won't cancel your insurance just for asking.

there are so many hoops to jump through it is impossible to get.

for starters all plants must be grown from legally acquired seed or clones obtained thru the gov't to be insured. it is up to the home owner to prove this. all grows have to be within the legal allowed number of plants. either 4 per household under the cannabis act, or the allowed number under medical license.

canadian insurers have added the word illegal in front of the word cannabis in all their literature. this signals they intend to treat it as a primarily illegal activity.

There are insurance companies that will cover damage to your home if you are growing cannabis. You'll need to talk to an agent to find out how growing affects your coverage. The agent provides a degree of separation from the insurance company, so they won't cancel your insurance just for asking.

in many instances here home owners have had their policies cancelled for even inquiring. there are presently no brokers that will discuss it. all insurance here has a gov't component as well. this province is known to be especially backward in policy.

in many instances here home owners have had their policies cancelled for even inquiring.

Mine was cancelled before legalization, even though I was licensed to grow medically. Before the cancellation took effect I was able to procure insurance through another agent. I then cancelled my insurance, prior to the company's cancellation taking effect so it was not reported to the Insurance Bureau of Canada. That last bit was important as it maintained my ability to buy insurance.

Medical grows were not limited to starting materials from Licensed Producers. That doesn't seem to have changed with legalization for recreational purposes. My license renewal application was the same as I used prior to legalization. The Cannabis act specifies that seed or clones for recreational must be purchased through the government approved sources. There is nothing in the Enabling Act, which incorporates the ACMPR, specifying that starting materials must come from the LPs.

Back
Top Bottom