Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

Great to hear Yeti. :Namaste: Thanks for sharing your experience too. It's hard to generalize about any aspect of growing - there's infinite variables, but there are things that we can suss out together, that can push us all forward in what we do. That's why I'm posting a bit more than pictures, and writing some words, thanks for the encouragement.

I have the similar experiences as with your KKush. A special genetic, even grown horribly can sometimes be great weed...like wtf are we all doing lol. Crazy right? That's why I put genetics first.

Another thing is too, why grow? If it's just to get high, the weed's specific effect might not matter that much. If all you need is something that hits like a hammer, any hammer will do. That's not to dismiss it either, it has it's place. If you are growing to provide specific properties (med & rec), either cerebral or body, the end goals would be quite a bit more specific. Maybe part of why it's hard to generalize about this plant, growing etc....we are all looking for different things. This is why effect is the #2 important for me, but it's almost part and parcel of #1.

I personally need a cerebral strain that will help me with mood and depression, while giving enough energy, and without getting me paranoid. That's a tall order if you really think about that combination. It's pretty common though. Head traumas, brain injuries, too much damage trying to medicate with poisons...we are disposable as men, there's not much support for men trying to keep themselves healthy, fulfilled and alive... RIP Chris Cornell.

I'm here mostly still to learn, and give back if I can. I'm reaching out to my fellow students and teachers, with ideas, and practices that might help in both in our common and personal goals.

Those that don't smoke/grow, that say that it's snobbery, or I'm making it more than is needed, is simply not understanding of that relationship. Those that smoke that don't need the same relief I do, won't need to look so hard, or be so discerning when it comes to genetics or effect. They just want a hammer. Or a pillow. Or something that tastes great. Or something purple lol. That's cool too... we still share love for the plant, just different needs, wants, likes, right?

Penny's looking wow man, this round is going to kill. :)
I cant wait to get a glimpse of her man! I get anxiety when I smoke at this point with most any strain. I smoked cannabis like a chimney for a long time and then I had a bad experience one day with psychedelics and ever since I cannot tolerate even more than a couple of hits of most any strain. The Pennywise's effect is comfortable for me most of the time. Every once in a while I over indulge but it isnt as common as it is with other strains. I do experience burn out at the end of the high and could sleep at any time of day after I burn her. I am sure I come across as either a snob or a super lightweight since I often refuse to smoke what I didnt grow or only take a hit. Not knowing if i will react well though forces me to be like this.

I have recently started trying to find solid breeders that care more about the genetics they are offering than making a bunch of money by putting anything out they can market. I have a few packs of TGA genetics and Dynasty genetics that I am working on. I have a lot of fem seeds that have kind of been placed on the back burner while I try to work my way through the regs I have.

I am here to learn what i can from others. I enjoy the people and the camaraderie that I see in a lot of journals. I pick up some decent hints and tips but it can be hard for me to learn just by reading. I can retain info fairly well but actually doing things is easier after seeing it done. Even so there is a vast wealth of knowledge here that goes far beyond any of the cultivation books I have read.

You sure know how to put on a show CS. I bet Metallica was a hell of a show too! Texberry is crazy hot!:love: She's in a 10 gallon pot right?

I personally need a cerebral strain that will help me with mood and depression, while giving enough energy, and without getting me paranoid. That's a tall order if you really think about that combination.
You need to try Motavation bro. This is exactly why I love this strain so much. It totally wipes out any feelings of depression for me and just puts you in a good mood after a rough day at work. No racy thoughts or paranoia. To me it relaxes the body too. And as the effects wear off you fall right asleep. I had to euthanize my kitty of 16 years 3 days ago. I did not know that loss would effect me so hard. It was brutal. Vaped a bowl of Motavation and the depression was gone and I found my self just reflecting on all the little things she did that put a smile on my face. I think you'd like it. Maybe in June:)

You need to try Motavation bro. This is exactly why I love this strain so much. It totally wipes out any feelings of depression for me and just puts you in a good mood after a rough day at work. No racy thoughts or paranoia. To me it relaxes the body too. And as the effects wear off you fall right asleep. I had to euthanize my kitty of 16 years 3 days ago. I did not know that loss would effect me so hard. It was brutal. Vaped a bowl of Motavation and the depression was gone and I found my self just reflecting on all the little things she did that put a smile on my face. I think you'd like it. Maybe in June:)

Sounds like the Motavation is a lot like its Sensi Star parent. :Namaste:

You sure know how to put on a show CS. I bet Metallica was a hell of a show too! Texberry is crazy hot!:love: She's in a 10 gallon pot right?

You are right about everything of course, and June sounds perfect, I'm looking forward to it.

:thumb: Just found out my flight back was bumped to a true Red Eye.....lol, OK, I'll make sure my eyes are plenty red.

Never even thought I'd like cats, but now have two, so I know those feels. I'd be gutted, so I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.
Kitten maybe?

Texberry - she's in a 10. I like it, but the 7's are probably enough if I'm not vegging long. She's going to be something - and I'm just watching and loving it as it unfolds. She's going into hard swell now, just got her last feed, so she's going to fade out proper into a blaze of color, can't wait.

ECSDH#2 Leafs are taking on that leathery velvet oily full Chem parent look, and it's the node happy easy breezy one. Swoon. This is my girl. I'd toss the #1, if I wasn't a bit superstitious lol, but it's a done deal, I've seen enough. I ran 10-12 with a friend, so saw most of the phenos, but not this one. BL, did your petite girl have thicker, oily leaves, more like a Chem than a haze? I may have that pheno now, shorter, node happy, floppy...? :blunt:

SSSDH#2 looks like she might also oust the #1 pheno, but it's too early to tell, too early and too close. If so, I'll have a perfect bracket of the the pair, a haze leaning SSSDH, and clone leaning ECSDH - the perfect rep of each for what I like.

PW is giving me different looks so I'm stoked to learn what she's doing. I don't know what to expect really.
P.Dream
is coming along, she deserves a fair shake even though she's got GDP in her lol, she's only getting a 5 though.
So excited for these new phenos. :Namaste:

Sounds like the Motavation is a lot like its Sensi Star parent. :Namaste:

What I was thinking too. Awesome sauce, added.

I did not realize that BL. Sensi Star is on my to buy list from your journal. It's just jumped up to the top. For sure!

Source carefully, there was a divide old/new, and of course check out BL's yard for info, like we all do. :high-five:

No more kitties for a while. My only other cat passed 2 years ago at age 15. Gonna take a little break.

I believe Paradise Seeds is the source for Sensi Star from BLs journal :thumb: Think I saw it recently in cons journal also.

Then you should be good...but I thought there was an old Star vs new Star, so not the same parents, no? When I started, I swear I knew every variation of every story behind every strain. Now I'm like grandpa, forgetting everything. But it's still kinda there. Great smoke. I have Tahoe Star going, so I'll get to remember her a little bit. Like seeing an old friend. :)

CS...I used that "leaf thickness" tip of yours on the ECSDH. While she did have very floppy leaves w/ long petioles, the leaves were thin & soft to the touch.

AS...yes Paradise is the original & only Sensi Star to get. After your Motavation mention, I may have to pick up one. I eyed it wishfully awhile back anyway.

Unknown what the SS changes were since Luc at Paradise is tight lipped about his genetics. The "old" 1995 Sensi Star is really prized by some of the top breeders. Said to be a "heavier" version. I hunted around for some crosses to at least get to try it. That Tahoe Star has the old one. I got to try it in the CH9 cross containing Motarebel's Luther Dogman. It's also in that popular Gorilla Biscuit, which I have a cross or two with it.

But the current SS is a really fine herb. I try not to run out of it nor seeds of it. :Namaste:

While she did have very floppy leaves w/ long petioles, the leaves were thin & soft to the touch.

Might be the new mix, but I got these oily shiny thicker embossed looking leafs on the Eastie. I'm in love with them. I pinched one three days ago, and it's sitting on top of the trash pile. It's still so supple and alive, I would almost bet that I could plant the petiole, and see a stem pop out somewhere. I'll try to get a good pic of her. She's a darling.

Coco ESCDH test plant in that tiny pot - put out 40+grams. Really looking forward to the stuff coming from this new #2 pheno in soil.

I forgot to weigh the Dolato, but after smoking it all for a couple few weeks, I got about 2 left on the small girl and about 3.5 left on the larger girl, so not that bad really. Smoke hits hard and is fun, but long term is unknown. I reach more for SSD, SSSDH as my go to strains, and add in the Dolato later in the day. Mixing all three is actually one of the best highs I've had in a while. Wife and I was cracking the hell up, she was like 'what the hell are we smoking'....'it tastes like Strawberry, but maybe that's just because I coughed'...now I'm cracking up. That SSD is no joke. Great all rounder for me, real sativa for a SD cross - so nice. Two rips on the mix was enough. :)

Looks like SSSDH#2 is a girl, and Purple Dream is also looking Fem and is growing nicely finally. Pennywise, might be Benny. Should know today. If so, the PD will go to flower, and the 5 will stay together until space gets tight. Then the Texberry will go to finish in the Veg tent, under LED only, leaving just 4 in the main tent. Guess I'll need a smaller third tent for moms, so I can keep it all separate. :thumb:

Looking forward to the Tah-Stah as it sounds when I say it. Would be nice to run straight SS too at some point, thanks for the reminders. :Namaste:

So this is my little darling CSG ECSDH#2. Hard to capture how they feel to the touch, but note the deep vee in the finger, and high and thick vaning in the close up. You can see the shine on the mature leafs, while the new leafs are still forming. Color is right where I like, she's just realizing that the days are getting shorter. Dark, thick, deep olive-ish green leafs, that are almost wet or oily to the touch, versus your more thinner lighter hazey type leaf. Such a doll. Such a great plant. I already know I love the smoke, so how excited am lol. :circle-of-love:

DSC_022934.jpg
DSC_0237_2.jpg
DSC_023632.JPG
DSC_023436.jpg

And CSG SSSDH#2, knocking on #1's door. Again, the layers of leaf maturity vary quite smoothly. I haven't grown enough of these to know what I'm getting with this one, but she sure is looking like winner. She's going to need a prune, I'll get a cut for later. Almost as nice as her hot cousin. I'm about to pull that male Pennywise (almost sure) out and put her in.

DSC_024718.jpg
DSC_024924.jpg
DSC_024827.jpg

See why I was excited? Going to be some great herbs up in here soon enough. :Namaste:

I never had supply of both at the same time....how would you compare them w/ such close genetics? :Namaste:

I prefer a haze leaning SSSDH, just because that's why you buy the ticket imo. I like a clone leaning ECSDH, as it's a haze X of a fav strain. So that gives me more of a haze, and more of a sativa dom hybrid, and there's a good sized gap in how they effect.

I've run more East than Silver, but have smoked Silver from other sources. The ECSDH is like SSSDH, but figure if you took a fresh SSSDH, where the East effect hadn't cured in yet - double that amount of influence, and you've got a good look at what the East is.

It adds more weight, texture and character to the onset, and buzz, and more of an afterstone too. It'll pin your ears back. Both leave me without much burnout. I can take higher levels of the Silver, and it's a lot of fun. :)

Not sure, but shine has been pretty consistent, through the last few cycles. These two should get a bit more shiny, as the new growth matures. I'm just really stoked that these two turned out so well, I had high hopes, and they are just what I wanted for plants haze/clone - and they got that nice glow. I've got the one male Pennywise, that is a bit hard to polish lol, but she looked like she'd get there.

Secret, no. Good genetic and vigourous plants are must. I haven't used any nutes really, just amended store bought soil and some foliar and beneficials. I do try to use different types of Ca. Enhanced spectrum helps. Can't imagine, if I dialed in my room. My RH is floating so they get high VPD at times, and big RH/Temp swings, growing in MA near the ocean. But love conquers all, they punch above their weight. :love:

Alright it's late, and I'm hella high, so I'll share. I was told by a good friend high up in one of those frateral orders, that my house sits on some of the worlds most powerful lay lines, and that is why I have such good luck in this location. My secret, according to the Illuminati lol. :rofl: True story tho. Sup D. :)

Back
Top Bottom