Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

Them girls are gorgeous CS :) kinda reminds me a bit of my Killer Queen, nice lush green shiny leaves with deep thick veins, awesome :circle-of-love:

:thanks:FerReal, that KQ is something. :love: I gotta get around to some TGA, this Pennywise is going to nut up. You zeroed right in on that trait, the vanes are crazy thick and defined. High vigor and health, with some real nice traits. Going to be a real nice run. Even the P.Dream is perking up. Fed her flower nutes in Veg, usually works, dam fussy GDP lol.

Hey there CS congrats on your last harvest, nice looking ladies already steppin up. Mighty fine healthy looking plants.

You're sooo close to just going organic .... try a couple plants without nutrients and see how you like it??

You're buds look GREAT ... love that new camera, Sure Shot is what I've been using for a LONG time... you're making me want to lighten my wallet a lil more. You're pictures are seriously turning out great. Time to kick another nug under the dresser my friend!

Good to see another right coaster growing weeds here.

Great job as always! KIG

Hey there CS congrats on your last harvest, nice looking ladies already steppin up. Mighty fine healthy looking plants.

You're sooo close to just going organic .... try a couple plants without nutrients and see how you like it??

You're buds look GREAT ... love that new camera, Sure Shot is what I've been using for a LONG time... you're making me want to lighten my wallet a lil more. You're pictures are seriously turning out great. Time to kick another nug under the dresser my friend!

Good to see another right coaster growing weeds here.

Great job as always! KIG

Bo, I saw you rolling through catching up, and I wanted to say thanks buddy. :thanks: I was thinking of running tea on these, instead of the 3 feedings I'm down to, cause I just can't change enough things at once lol. So no synth nutes at all, just sugars/zymes/aminos/bact/fung/fulvic/humic as fertigations. I don't have and bluker/boosters/stims etc. I do have some RAW P/Humic that I might toss in the tea. I'm following what works, and it's led me here. Not sure where next is, it will depend on results, but I'm betting the organic refinements and leanings will continue to pay dividends for some way still yet. :thumb:

Camera is great. I got the Nikon D5500 with 2 Nikkor for 600. Once I've had a little time with it, I hope they will get even better. Lens is meh - I have to really stop it pretty high to get any depth of field, and it won't focus at close distance - not great for shooting weed. It is pretty sharp and bright though. So, I've been trying to learn to work around it's limitations in . Might pick up a cheap short portrait lens, maybe in a 50 or 70mm. Be great if I could find one that would macro too. Love it, I'm having so much fun - treat yo-self!

and thanks :thanks:for the kind words. I'm got some great ladies and the winds are favorable. :high-five:

Beautiful plants CS. Looks like they are all lathered in tanning lotion and ready for the beach. :smokin:

Yours will be too soon enough. You gotta teach me to tea, before they need a feed lol. We got some time. :thumb: I gotta buy some things. :surf:

Beautiful plants as always Care! Love the shape and color of those leaves. Too bad your Pennywise is a male that is a bummer, I was looking forward to watching you grow it out. I have a critical sensi star going right now and I have a seed for Paradise"s Sensi Star I may run at some point when I have room.

I'm sorry man, I know you had her in your sights. I was doing so well with females too.

Can't go wrong with the Star. I'll get around to her soon. Have the Tahoe Star current to hold me over. I'll have to watch yours when you . :Namaste: I'm hoping we can top these ladies up, and the RH will stay above 25%, and we will have some real nice plants.

Thanks mate ;) quite keen on them ECSDH, will have to keep an eye out for when they come back in stock :)

I think you'll love her, she's right up your alley. Good dorm room stink to her too. High is pretty righteous. :love:

@BrightLights I've not seen regular Paradise Sensi Star seeds stocked anywhere, including at Paradise-just fems. I ran the gen.1 Sensi Star way back when, and loved it. Pretty sure it's a very well selected & inbred Afghani/Skunk#1 with extreme selection emphasis on Skunk phenotypes, from my memory. Luc, like most all the Dutch breeders, tended to stick within the Skunk/Afghani pool early on, for his indica selections and really only diversified much later. In closing I'll add this-If it's not Paradise Sensi Star, I don't care who knocks it off, it ain't Sensi Star.

Yours will be too soon enough. You gotta teach me to tea, before they need a feed lol. We got some time. :thumb: I gotta buy some things. :surf:

I'm sorry man, I know you had her in your sights. I was doing so well with females too.

Can't go wrong with the Star. I'll get around to her soon. Have the Tahoe Star current to hold me over. I'll have to watch yours when you . :Namaste: I'm hoping we can top these ladies up, and the RH will stay above 25%, and we will have some real nice plants.

I think you'll love her, she's right up your alley. Good dorm room stink to her too. High is pretty righteous. :love:

Thanks Care. That Tahoe Star sounds pretty nice. I dont journal anything yet for a few reasons, first being paranoia followed closely by lack of time and not wanting to show off less than stellar plants. Whenever I do pop it I can drop some pics here if you dont mind and want to see them. The critical Sensi star I have grows pretty lanky but puts out frosty dense nugs that smell like fruity pastries.

Controlling RH is a real struggle. I had my dehuey stop working some time ago and didnt get another right off because winter here keeps the RH right around that 25% mark, once spring hit though it rained for about a month and a half straight and the RH was climbing to 70+% once lights went out. I am unsure how your plants can look any nicer but I look forward to seeing them improve even more.

Thanks Care. That Tahoe Star sounds pretty nice. I dont journal anything yet for a few reasons, first being paranoia followed closely by lack of time and not wanting to show off less than stellar plants. Whenever I do pop it I can drop some pics here if you dont mind and want to see them. The critical Sensi star I have grows pretty lanky but puts out frosty dense nugs that smell like fruity pastries.

Controlling RH is a real struggle. I had my dehuey stop working some time ago and didnt get another right off because winter here keeps the RH right around that 25% mark, once spring hit though it rained for about a month and a half straight and the RH was climbing to 70+% once lights went out. I am unsure how your plants can look any nicer but I look forward to seeing them improve even more.

Anytime brother. Pastry sounds nice right about now. :) I get it about the pics, we all have different exposures, and risk/reward equations. I have some legal cover, so I don't give many farts at this point either way. I certainly don't FB/IG though, not that it probably matters at this point. FB is total total d@rpa project, it's all a big lie. Soon, they will only watch you if you aren't on 'government media' posing as a social platform. "...why aren't you posting every intimate detail of your life... unless you have something to hide" Fuck fascism, narcissism, and and the vapid followers it breeds.
Drop some pics of your friends plants here anytime though lol, I'd love to see her. :Namaste: I would heed the advice given earlier though, and use the breeder that has the actual parents needed to make the cross. And don't worry about how they look, it's the best way to learn. We all have different parts of the puzzle, so working together is baked in.

Thankfully, dialing in the room won't really be needed for this run. The summer grow needs AC, and the temps will keep RH above the 10-20% that dominates the winter months here, right up to April/May, where it starts to turn. The plants can certainly get even better though, there's years of work ahead refining for sure, getting those last few remaining percentage points.

High-ish RH is good for flower, contrary to common thought. You gotta know what you're doing though. I like day peaks of 50-70% almost all the way through. I only get that in summer though. Haven't had a spot of mold since I went fan-happy a few years back. Keep em healthy and moving, and no mold. That's in a tent though. Bigger the room, and the ro more jammed, the more chance you missed a corner, so you gotta be careful. :thumb:

Happy Memorial Day everyone!
Going to Boston Calling tomorrow.
I'll get to spend the whole day on the grass, on the grass, lol.
Tool, and some others that I like are playing. :blunt:

UPDATE: SSSDH#2 Day 1 flower today.

I wrote this for someone and forgot where the hell I was ... so I'll just post it here as a grow tip.

Tip: For health in soil - You build it in Veg. Let them get their feet going first, no nutes - then you want to slowly fill them up right before flower. Around wk 4-5 Veg is a when I switch from root building (drench to dry water cycling, bact/fungal) to canopy health building (foliar and feed organics/benes). Once you get her really glowing, you leverage that health throughout the entire grow. A shiny leaf with help build another shiny leaf....leverage it upward. You will reach equilibrium, do not overfeed ....and then let her do the work - until she fades out beautifully. That's what to focus on, not the products needed. Frame it that way in your head when you watch them and care for them, rather than any specific plan or schedule. Plants can't read.

Sorry and :thanks:JGrowlove, I was just dropping that "update: there like a flag, so I could come back and find the dates. I'll get pics soon, hitting the most interesting aspects as I see them.

The SSSDH (2days), ECSDH#2 (8days), and Tar-Star (8days) are all stretching a bit. Some high temps were enough to set the TS off stretching like crazy lol....hope she stays female though... I don't even like the thought of TS...maybe it's just my gutter mindedness, but come on lol. So, what was I saying? Oh, super stretchy, like 3 nodes per foot that one. I left the secondaries, as skinny pickins maybe. God I hope it smokes nice. :Namaste: Purple Dream (1d) was also put in. Couple quick pics below, she's tiny, and I'm spread thin, so she's she gonna have to grow up on the fly. I never have luck with GDP plants, but this one looks real nice, just small. Again. Maybe it's me, but I always feel like I'm rowing the wrong way with any cross with this in it. Any controversy aside, it's a pain to grow this plant imo. I haven't yet found one with a good enough high to make it worth it. More of a sativa guy, so this is no surprise. I do love a nice indica with character though. I'll do my best to keep an open mind. I've heard of some finding some nice ones, but that was a while back.:thumb:

Ok, here's that runty Purple Dream (1d), hope she feels big, she only got a 5g, you can see why lol. Looks farking great for a 'Staker GDP plant....they don't like me AT ALL....lol.

DSC_023633.jpg
DSC_023335.jpg

And for informational purposes, here is that TGA Pennywise, day -2 flower. By negative two, I mean he's be left to live, I put him in the sun for a few days to let him feel it, and to watch him, so he's reverting to veg. He'll get the cull tomorrow. You can see in maybe the second pic that he didn't really take the same shine as the others. I don't know why... the metadata on that is really just starting to form. I think he would be improved, but... :rip: (CULL)

DSC_023031.jpg

DSC_023230.jpg

Random Pics of the day, edition .0 lol, That Dolato#2 pheno, which turned out to be the better pheno so far, the smaller prettier girl didn't have the same energy, so while she could play one note real loud, it was still kinda one note. I don't have a final verdict though, just passing on impressions as they arrive, otherwise, I'll never remember. So far, the smoke was real nice when pulled, then it was kinda flat and one noted, let's see what the final is, couple more weeks. Sticky and stanky as all get out though. I wanted to bring one to the lab. Not sure it's worth it, as I won't likely be keeping it more than another run...(I don't hold things long, they come they go, I grow seeds :). This b was pretty dam greasy though.

Dolato#2 sorry little blurry... pheno

DSC_022935.jpg

Dolato#1 pheno

DSC_006048.jpg

Smoking tonight:

SSSDH#1,
She has cured into her final state, after 8 weeks cure. I sample every strain, almost daily while the bulk of it cures untouched, so that I can learn when it's done, and the changes it goes through. I feel that I learn better when to pull from this as well. Anyway, it has finally come together to play an almost perfect duet of the two parents. What more could you ask for. Admittedly, I need to go a little deeper with her than I think is my proper 'before work' dosage, but if I trust her and take that one more hit - I usually kill my to-do list with a huge smile in record time. Insanely good weed. Fully cured, the balance is incredible. By balance, I mean that it has the right effects in such a ratio - that it puts you exactly where you need to be to feel completely content. Balance provides a vantage point from which to most fully enjoy all the effects of the union. It's among the very best compliments I can think of, for great weed. Balance is the highest expression of a hybrid imo, and is found in most considered great. Sorry, too much haze :)...OK...SSSDH...She's on the lighter side of the distraction scale, so you can indulge a bit and still be pretty clear, letting you go deeper as I said. Your heart will tell you it's time get shit done, or even just stare of into a dream really really intently lol. Ok, I'll rave more later, when I make a new thread in the strain library here for her.. I'll do official smoke report, grow notes, pics the whole schmear. However due to testing #2 pheno, and timing, that can't happen till at least 8 weeks from #2 pull. Patience sucks lol.

I am also going to run another Devils Harvest SSD for the head. Still hits with huge diesel like buzz, but with a maybe a burnt berry syrup and pine flavor, that smokes up real thick and chewy. Hits the head everytime, and lasts for like 3 hours as a happy stone. Happy all the time, but can cause anxiety with me if I go fast with her. She'll do that to quite a few though. She's been kicking around for a while. :love: I only picked it because it was an interesting Diesel to try, so I knew nothing of DH really, and probably didn't give them much of a thought, if I'm being honest. They don't do a lot with the plants I like. But, this is a great cross for sure. I reach for her, ECSDH and SSSDH the most over the last year or so.

Man Care you really paint a picture with your words. Such vivid descriptions! You make me wanna enjoy that happy euphoric dreamy high. Those nug shots are real nice.

Hopefully this GDP cross works out well. She is on the small side. I grew lemon skunk a couple of times and both times it under performed for me. I had a buddy with a cut from the same plant do awesome while mine did terrible. We use the same soil mix and everything. I was showing him bow to grow for the first time that year and while all my plants of different strains did better than his he out did my lemon skunk with his. I now tend to stay away from lemon strains cuz they just are worth it to me. Anyway long was of saying I know what it's like to have certain plants that dislike you for whatever reason.

Man Care you really paint a picture with your words. Such vivid descriptions! You make me wanna enjoy that happy euphoric dreamy high. Those nug shots are real nice.

Hopefully this GDP cross works out well. She is on the small side. I grew lemon skunk a couple of times and both times it under performed for me. I had a buddy with a cut from the same plant do awesome while mine did terrible. We use the same soil mix and everything. I was showing him bow to grow for the first time that year and while all my plants of different strains did better than his he out did my lemon skunk with his. I now tend to stay away from lemon strains cuz they just are worth it to me. Anyway long was of saying I know what it's like to have certain plants that dislike you for whatever reason.

Had some proper inspiration. :Namaste:

That blasted runt lol. She sure is cute though, I can't be mad. :love: But.... I probably will be anyway :rofl:

Was thinking that I'm going to give most of this run, away...there's just too much.

How much Texberry can I smoke holy cow she's big :rofl:..." ...she's a Uuge bitch" I'll be sure to keep a few z's for nighttime meds. :love: She's starting to push trichs hard, so couple weeks left.

Couple of things I don't want to be without - So I put both the Straw S. Diesel and that purple ChemD-Cookies (last year's cut) into the same 7g pot. Pot donated by the culled Pennywise - just plugged in two archive Solos. Should need a week or so, then even if they are still a bit raggley, I'll push them in next week-ish. Those will be the last plants of the summer/journal. :circle-of-love:I might add some plants after my return from Sept Vacation, but if not, I'll just lurk in your yards till next year. :Namaste:

Here's that ChemDcookies and Straw D. They were root bound, so I want some time for the roots to know the size of the pot, and then I'lll just push her in. Probably a week. Just need about 2 each for the head. They would be better each in their own pot, but I kinda like seeing them together. :love: Play nice now.

The D-Cookies (left) was completely wilted where the tips were sagging and turning down just before the move, this was like 40 min later... they always amaze me. :circle-of-love:

IMAG9592_2.jpg

Decided to dedicate pretty much the whole day to being high with the wife. Brownies, made from the lovely ladies that grace these pages. Once in a while, you just gotta enjoy life. I hit my yearly sales quota for the year for my company already, and there's half the year left. Topping that with some truly sacred flowers, I am very blessed. :Namaste:

Girls are in hard stretch, or just rolling off.

In House Genetics (IHG)
: TahStar is all willowly and roamy and open, an elegant looking thing, real long nodes though. Might have been my temps, they spiked during transition, so I was expecting this. We just need to know what she's got, so whatever she yields is great. Almost always a way to yield sufficiently I think.

Connoisseur Genetics (CSG)
: SSSDH#2 is trying to climb, but I'm blasting her right in the face with a COB, so she's staying relatively tight and compact. If I let up, she'll stretch out nicely. Her stems are getting thicker near the tips, so it's like she's straining against the light, noding real well. I like this plant better than the last one, and that was a nice plant. Going to kill me to wait for the smoke.

Connoisseur Genetics (CSG): ECSDH#2 is just rediculously beautiful. I got 45 minutes with them today, to give them a pre-watering today, just a couple quarts each, then full tomorrow. I didn't have time to water them all today. I peeked in on them and she was just perfect, reaching up a bit, but staying close and tight, while budding up. Tight clusters, like balled fists, transforming her purpose, to an old an sacred one. The color in her is deep and complex, and her attitude calm and serene. Her clone took like nothing, barely a wilt. She made me fucking giggle at how awesome she was. Me. Giggling at flowers. True story.

Granddaddy Purple (GDP): Purple Dream is glowing along. This plant and I don't communicate well, we just coexist, and I'm just learning to keep her happy. I am nothing if not persistent. This could be the last spin though, and I'll surrender. I'll give her my best energy, she might just surprise us all. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom