Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Quick update time. Did a bit of tent cleaning and rearranging of Flower Tent 1 and decided to take a couple shots of a few plants in there. We currently have MOB (Maine Cut), Blue Dream (Humboldt Seed Organization), Green Crack (Humboldt Seed Organization), and Golden Tiger (ACE Seeds) in there. I'll be adding a Black Cherry Punch and a Jelly WiFi into the mix in a couple days, and then will be flipping a Killer A5 Haze when I harvest the MOB in 10 days or so.

Golden Tiger (Clone) - ACE Seeds - Flower Day 48

This is a cutting off a plant I ran over the summer (still finishing now but absolutely the ugliest plant I have ever grown and thusly will not ever be photographed LOL). This one is doing much better than the mom (who is on Flower Day 127). The mom took 45 days in flower to really start showing any real pistils, while this one was showing well set budlets around day 20. Its also frosting up much earlier than the mom did. Not sure what was off with the Mom, but I am much happier with how this one is growing. She was flipped small, right after being transplanted into the 5 gallon pot. Good thing I didn't let her get much bigger!! Cheers!! :Rasta:

MOB (Mother of Berries - Maine Cut) - Flower Day 45

This lady smells absolutely insane. She's starting to have that late flower shift in smells....she was pure blueberry but now she's adding some sour fuel to the mix. A buddy that I got the cutting from dropped off a sample of her for me to smoke tonight (or here in a few minutes LOL) so I'll have a good idea what to expect, very stoked!! She's got about 10 days left til I chop her. Her sister is on flip day 10 right now. This one's growing in a 5 gallon pot. I think I will keep this one around for a bit!!

Blue Dream (Clone) - Humboldt Seed Organization - Flower Day 26

This is a cutting from the girl we attempted to run outdoors this season. She's being run in a small pot, 3 gallons just so I get at least something from her!! The outdoor girl never made it and got caught in an ice storm. I had to top dress her last night as I'm seeing a fair bit of the leaves starting to fade.

Green Crack (Clone) - Humboldt Seed Organization - Flower Day 26

This one is a cutting off the Green Crack we ran indoors this summer. That plant was very popular so I am glad I kept her around. She's got a unique smell and taste to her. This one is also being grown in a 3 gallon pot and got a top dressing last night. I thought I took full pics of her but apparently I didn't so its just this one.

Now on to a bit of a garden update!!

Despite wanting to not do any plant work today, I did manage to tend to the Flower tent.

In this tent we've got a little bit of everything. From the back left we have MOB (Maine Cut) and back right is Gorilla Glue (Grandpa Tokin cut). In the middle we have the Gelato from Blackskull Seeds along with a small Super Lemon Haze (Greenhouse Seeds) on the right side that you can't really see. In the front left is Garlic Sherbert (In-House Genetics) and front right is Triple OG from Exotic Genetics.

They are being grown under the @NextLight Mega which is putting out about 660 watts from the wall, in a 5'x5' tent with a boxfan. I did snap a few shots of a couple of them.

MOB (Maine Cut Clone) - Flower Day 8

This girl is in a 7 gallon pot and is a bit bigger than she looks in the picture. I keep trimming shoots off her and cutting and cutting and cutting and she doesn't get any thinner looking. Definitely one of the leafiest plants I have ever grown.

Gorilla Glue (Grandpa Tokin Cut) - Flower Day 8

She's in a 7 gallon soft pot and is a bit of a wild and unkempt girl. I haven't done any trimming on her but really need to. Also need to put some bamboo stakes in for some of the taller shoots. This strain needs a bit of support for the buds after about halfway through flower and its easier to put the stakes in earlier than later. I'll try to get to it tomorrow along with a spraying of her.

Garlic Sherbert (In-House Genetics) - Flower Day 8

This lady had the aphids the worst at one point til I got serious and cut a bunch of foliage off and started spraying her regularly, so thats why she looks so tall and skinny. She's been looking pretty much pest free for the last week, but I gotta stay on it!! Otherwise she is a also a bit on the leafy side. She's being grown in a 7 gallon pot as well.

Gelato (Blackskull Seeds) - Flower Day 8

Probably my favorite plant in the tent currently. She's being grown in a 5 gallon pot is definitely on the large size for that size pot. I expect a good yield from her assuming I can keep her healthy. I took cuts off her incase she's a winner.

Triple OG (Exotic Genetics) - Flower Day 8

The runner up for my affection in this tent at this point is this sexy little lady. She's growing in a 5 gallon pot and is a bit smaller than the Gelato. Love her structure almost as much as the Gelato.

Hi Mr. Von Stank. If you don’t mind...I’m curious what the upside down water bottle with the tube in it is for (in the last pic of your post). Thank you...

Clones will flower faster than the mother plant. I’m not surprised by the 45 days to flower for the mother. Equatorial sativas are notorious for taking their time in flowering.

Hi Mr. Von Stank. If you don’t mind...I’m curious what the upside down water bottle with the tube in it is for (in the last pic of your post). Thank you...
Don't mind at all.....thats my watering system for when I don't want to spend my days with the ladies. I run irrigation tubing from a hole in the cap at the bottom down to soaker hose in a circle inside the pot. All I do is reach in with a quart of water and dump it into bottle, and it slowly waters it in. So when I am using the system, it takes a max of 10 minutes of work to water 5 plants in my tents. I usually give it 15 minutes between fill ups. Each fill up and watering takes about 2.5 minutes and I do it four times max on watering days.

If I did it manually, and slowly, like I like it do, it takes me about an hour to water the plants. I have two flower tents so using the bottle system takes me from 2+ hours of just watering down to a total of 20 minutes with no bending over. And 20 minutes doesn't really even do it justice....its more like 2.5 minutes of filling the bottles and then going back and doing something else or watch TV until the next commercial break and then I go back down and repeat however many times necessary.

Now the downfall to this, and why I don't currently have it hooked up, is that you no longer have to get up close and personal to the plants. Why is this bad? Well its only bad if you have an unknown pest problem. Add in a couple weeks of neglection and its a perfect recipe for a full on pest infestation. Thats what happened and what I am currently battling....again. This time it was from the outdoor harvest that I had to hang in the basement (where I grow indoors). I even remarked to my buddy as we hung the outdoor harvest in the basement..."I hate hanging these here so close to where the tents are, I know this is going to come back and bite me in the ass". About a month later, I texted him a pic of a full on aphid infestation. I'm on full time pest patrol daily to get rid of all of these bastards. One tent each day gets a thorough inspection, and then either a rinsing or a spraying. Takes a lot of time and effort, but sticking to the schedule has me virtually pest free again.

Then I can go back and hook up the water bottle watering system and start saving my back again. I know that was a very long answer to a short question, but hey it was free right LOL!!

Don't mind at all.....thats my watering system for when I don't want to spend my days with the ladies. I run irrigation tubing from a hole in the cap at the bottom down to soaker hose in a circle inside the pot. All I do is reach in with a quart of water and dump it into bottle, and it slowly waters it in. So when I am using the system, it takes a max of 10 minutes of work to water 5 plants in my tents. I usually give it 15 minutes between fill ups. Each fill up and watering takes about 2.5 minutes and I do it four times max on watering days.

If I did it manually, and slowly, like I like it do, it takes me about an hour to water the plants. I have two flower tents so using the bottle system takes me from 2+ hours of just watering down to a total of 20 minutes with no bending over. And 20 minutes doesn't really even do it justice....its more like 2.5 minutes of filling the bottles and then going back and doing something else or watch TV until the next commercial break and then I go back down and repeat however many times necessary.

Now the downfall to this, and why I don't currently have it hooked up, is that you no longer have to get up close and personal to the plants. Why is this bad? Well its only bad if you have an unknown pest problem. Add in a couple weeks of neglection and its a perfect recipe for a full on pest infestation. Thats what happened and what I am currently battling....again. This time it was from the outdoor harvest that I had to hang in the basement (where I grow indoors). I even remarked to my buddy as we hung the outdoor harvest in the basement..."I hate hanging these here so close to where the tents are, I know this is going to come back and bite me in the ass". About a month later, I texted him a pic of a full on aphid infestation. I'm on full time pest patrol daily to get rid of all of these bastards. One tent each day gets a thorough inspection, and then either a rinsing or a spraying. Takes a lot of time and effort, but sticking to the schedule has me virtually pest free again.

Then I can go back and hook up the water bottle watering system and start saving my back again. I know that was a very long answer to a short question, but hey it was free right LOL!!
Thanks for that long answer - and sorry about the bugs. Oof. I brought them into my grow space over the summer and it sucked, so much! I usually spend a lot of time looking at the plants and watering (because I have the time, so why not) but I would like to be able to go away for a few days and have something like that in place. Primarily something in place that doesn’t have an endless water supply so when/if it goes wrong then there’s not too much water spilled. Thank you! :thanks:

Clones will flower faster than the mother plant. I’m not surprised by the 45 days to flower for the mother. Equatorial sativas are notorious for taking their time in flowering.
Yeah I know, I have run their panama haze and panama, but none were as slow as this, The Panamas were right around 30 days each respectively. I think this one boiled down to a plant that was very slow in reaching sexual maturity.

The biggest issues with the equatorial sativas is they often don't reach sexual maturity until almost 90 days old. So changing light schedule will do nothing to trigger flowering in a sexually immature plant. It ain't gonna do anything flowering wise until it reaches its sexual maturity. This is often why the clones supposedly flower out faster, they have usually reached sexual maturity during the rooting process and whatever veg time we give them. The reality is the actual flowering time is often the same. Its one of the reasons I like to track days from flip to pistils on plants from seed. I don't generally see any difference in flowering times between clones and the seeds they came from, but I usually veg longer than most growers so most likely the plant from seed is a sexually mature plant. The only time this hasn't been the case is with the equatorial sativas. I gave this Golden Tiger an extra 2 weeks in veg over the Panamas when I vegged them thinking it would allow them to reach sexual maturity before flipping. Apparently this was just a really slowly maturing plant lol.

One other common mistake is confusing a plant showing preflower sex as being sexually mature. They aren't the same. People tend to assume since a plant showed a preflower hair or ball that the plant is sexually mature. Just cause we can see the balls on puppy dog doesn't mean he can father a liter of pups....same with plants. Using when the plant starts throwing alternating nodes as when it has reached sexual maturity is usually a good indicator that the plant is sexually mature. BUT....it does not apply to the equatorial sativas. Hence the slow flowering plants from seed of the equatorial varieties.

I dont know how y'all handle so many amazing plants!!

Kudos bro!
Vexy!!! Good to see ya brother!! Feel free to drop pics any time!

Vex is growing a cut of the Sour Cherries that is up for POTM this month as well as a Northern Lights that was from last years Plant of the Year.

Vex, feel free to share any pics of them here!!

Back
Top Bottom