StarKiller OG, Rockwool, Ebb & Flow, 1200W LED, 2016

Day 45

A couple of pics under normal lighting. The second pic is one of the early mutants, it hasnt been topped yet but looks it. :)

e36e2ba0b098836a3fdeb63e3122083a.jpg

c03c94b68ecb9507f0146b959bcbd6f1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using 420

Cool stuff!

For how long do you expect to veg them before switching?

I`m looking at both the Starkiller and the 501st OG along with GTH and Scotts OG from RD. Looks mighty tempting. I guess both are build of Skywalker OG genetics but are crossed with RD#1 and RD#2, respectively. Dont know anything about what the difference is inbetween RD#1 and RD#2...

The only problem is that seeds are forbidden here in Norway so I will have to make a plan for "importing" those beens:) Cool with a grow journal from someone how is just a few grows ahead of me in experience (Im currently in day 8 of flowering in my second growth which is Raspberry Diesel from Humboldt Seeds.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Ulan im learning more as i go along, im thinking ill veg at least another month. Still have more training to do. Ive done Scotts OG and GTH #1 and i love RD gear.

Any thoughts on the mutants?

I'm not positive but I think the seedlings we're getting too intense of light those first few weeks

Is there any settings
That could lower the wattage or anyway to raise the led any further above the seedlings

Maybe next time a tfive setup for the first 14 days and I'd think they would zoom a lil faster out
Of the gate

Then again what do I know

I think you already have more led
Grows under your belt than I do lol

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Hello there!
Nice looking set up! I love the big blocks of rockwool and purple light ^^ About the rockwool, I strongly advise you cover it! If you don't you'll grow algaes that will eat nutrients and mess up your PH. They are actually already growing. It could also call out pests. Covering it will also make sure no light reaches the young roots!

They have white plastic covers to block light/algae
Also would reflect some light

Hey Hizzy, i have covers coming tmro for the rockwool. Not sure if the lights caused the 2 mutants. Im thinking maybe genetic, ill watch future grows of Starkiller to see if they occur again.

I think the biggest reason for the slow start in the beginning is i put them in the bigger cube to soon. Next grow ill leave them in the starter cubes for a little longer before transplanting.

I quick update, the girls are looking very healthy to me right now. Im just letting them grow out for awhile and getting them ready for the scrog net. I ordered a new 3' x3' flood table to replace my current 2' table should be here saturday. Also i put together a top feed system that ill install this afternoon. In the first pic the plant in the upper left corner is my Bubble Yum auto in flower, it will be done before i flip the Starkiller.

420-magazine-mobile1435343001.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1193694302.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1739457339.jpg

Keep em frosty ya'll

It's very simple but will do the job i think. once i start installing ill post photos. im just hoping my pump is big enough to push water to all of the feeder tubes.

Still letting my girls grow out a bit before i bend them over again. I have a new flood table ordered and was supposed to be here yesterday but fedex says its "delayed". Wish these carriers would get their act together. So hope to have my top feed rig up and running Monday or Tuesday. Took a pic of the girls with one pic of the bubble yum auto flowering.

47376c2096cbef14ecfc1dfe1a160b8b.jpg

b966573a1ed680d91b3edac5b07713ce.jpg

ac7d1539cfa59f97704fb60af03bcacc.jpg

49324f78bdf5e50bc9b7ffbad3f7b5f7.jpg

Looks good

I like the bluelab monitoring equipment
I have a set of pens from them and love them

Used to think I'd eventually have a 24/7 on the wall for each of the six stations lol
Then I priced em
I love the pens lol

Hey Hizzy, i had to save for the 24/7 monitor but bluelab has made controlling PH so much easier. The EC is high but my tap water starts at around .6 so ill have to work on that next. :)

I got my new flood table and put together my top feed system today. The run off drains back into the res. I also set my 6" rockwool blocks on 6" x 36" stonewool slabs. Hopefully get bigger root system going with the slabs. I have the timer set for 3 - 1 minute water cycles, kind of going blind on the timing so if anyone has any suggestions im all ears. Ill watch them closely to catch it if im under watering. Heres a few pics of where im at right now. The bubble yum is looking better every day. .

Back
Top Bottom