StarKiller OG, Rockwool, Ebb & Flow, 1200W LED, 2016

Love the setup man. I'll be tagging along for the ride. Looking great so far. :bravo:

Thanks Ched, im dealing with cold temps in my res right now. I need to raise it up off the floor sometime today. The water temp was 54 degrees this morning at lights on.

Sent from my iPad using 420

Hope you don't mind if I hop on for the denoument.

I guess for people with HPS the idea of cold reservoir must sound bizarre. Fortunately, I have only suffered with a week where the temp was below or hovering just above zero. I have mine in my bedroom with me with the skylight open 24/7 fro ducting purposes (I close it when the temps dip too low). My room, (due to the open skylight) is the only room in the house not heated and my 4 X 4 X 7 tent seems to keep a fairly good temp of about 77 F (25 C), but now that I am reducing the light hours she will definitely get colder in there.

My large res sprung a leak so have reverted back to a 10 litre (US 2.67 Gallon) res and that seems to be adequate, however, being so small it won't be able to store heat very well. The reduced lighting won't help either. When the temp does dip too much, I have a halogen heater I flip on, but I only do that during the light cycle as the glow from the heater would be a disaster. I would have thought your higher capacity res would have been much better at storing heat. Have you measured your off light tent temps? I admit I haven't but I'm not too fazed about that at the moment.

Anyway, best of luck.

Temps in the tent stay above 65f but the tent is in a breakfast nook the air temp is good but the floor is really cold. The res was hovering in the low 50's at lights on. I added an aquarium heater and now its up to 60f in the mornings. Its supposed to warm up over the next couple of days so i should be good.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Pro

I have the added benefit of a carpeted wooden floor underneath and a heated room beneath it so I don't have that issue.

Anyway, best of luck and may the bud fairy sprinkle glittery trichomes all over your ladies.

Hey buddy, obviously I mean no disrespect - me being an indoor and LED noob and all that - but I can't help noticing you are using a light source purportedly about 3 times more powerful than I am and your growth seems a lot slower than mine. I know, apples and oranges and all that (and I admit I haven't read your entire journal yet - I am a non linear type - but I will), but care to nut out why this could be?

Heck, I am almost OCD in my grow and retarded her growth many times through HST in an effort to encourage lateral growth as opposed to vertical. (I have noticed that when I have supercropped a little too vigorously and actually snapped the stems, those branches are very slow to recover. I should mention this has happened twice and I didn't even tape them up, yet they have not only survived, but have continued growing, albeit much slower and I know those snapped points will only add strength to the final stem as the scar tissues firms up).

Perhaps if I try reading your journal in a more linear fashion, my question will be answered. And do you mind if I call you old man, old man, even if you are only a few years senior to me? :)

These plants went through a lot early on, i tried some different techs. But their almost ready to flip now. One good thing is there will be 12 or more tops on each plant.

Experimentation is the mother of invention, old man. The same way as everyone else is the mother of prevention.

Great to see that that spark still shines brightly with you!

I look forward to your harvest and ever hear of that fabled king, Robert the Bruce? Try, Try again (and see what marvels you can create - Greengo Starr)!

You say 12 tops on each and that is indeed excellent, but I feel in a bit of a quandary with mine. How many should I leave? I bet this is a question not oft asked by growers. I have at least 60! (totally uncounted, I must add)

Hello!

Amazing setup and progress thus far.

Hope you don't mind if I join the club and follow along? Learning so much from this site. Thanks!

I'll be starting my very first grow soon. Ordered 5 feminized Cookies Kush seeds. Researching all of my gear options and pricing.
Already have a 10.7x10.7x7' tent, AC, and Dehumidifier. Lights and DIY RDWC system are my next purchases. May even go with an Ebb n Flow 6 bucket System with controller and 55 gal res.

Sub'd!

~You gotta grow it, to know it~

Welcome Vex grab a seat anywhere, my light is only drawing around 300w. Im looking at a Perfect Sun 1000 now. I may use the 1200 in a new veg tent.

Hello!

Amazing setup and progress thus far.

Hope you don't mind if I join the club and follow along? Learning so much from this site. Thanks!

I'll be starting my very first grow soon. Ordered 5 feminized Cookies Kush seeds. Researching all of my gear options and pricing.
Already have a 10.7x10.7x7' tent, AC, and Dehumidifier. Lights and DIY RDWC system are my next purchases. May even go with an Ebb n Flow 6 bucket System with controller and 55 gal res.

Sub'd!

55 gallons? You sure? I think that would almost fill my tent.

OK, 10.7 X 10.7 is huge in itself ...

Old man, I wish I knew what to believe with these LEDs. So much shit passed off as truth.

This is my first hydro not to mention my first LED and, apparently, the manufacturers of my lights have been a wee bit naughty with their aggressive promotion.

55 gallons? You sure? I think that would almost fill my tent.

OK, 10.7 X 10.7 is huge in itself ...

I think i'm sure. Lol

Remember, I'm new to this, still researching. I'm planning to scrog lst/top 6 plants in a 5x5 or 6x6 area within the tent. Lets see.

Thanks for the welcome!

Personally and from what Ive read pH lockout is BS. Keep it between 5.5-6.5 for hydro and keep the pH swings to a minimum.

With your aquarium heater keep your water at 66-68.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom