Welp I just final trimmed and grove bagged it all. Mostly because my wife said if I want her help today's the day šŸ˜‚. However I really think that it's almost going to be perfect because after the buds were bagged up the humidity had creeped up to 55%, and I figure it'll hit the 58-62% the Grove bag is supposed to maintain by tonight. The popcorn stuff is going to be used in some bubble hash making I think. The colas on all three plants were really nice and when they went into the jar they settled at around 60%.

@NickHardy do the Grove bags hold air when you zip them shut, like a balloon? 1 of mine does but 2 of them do not. I couldn't see a hole or tear.
Seal it up full of air or squeeze it out and seal.

Personally I leave like this. 1/2 pound bag left, pound bag right

IMG_0142.jpeg

Chosen because they were closest - my understanding is you want air in there because you donā€™t when the plant matter releases air itā€™ll just fill the bag with the gas and itā€™ll take longer push the dirty gas out. But I really donā€™t worry about it too much. They just work.

And I must say - as @Azimuth hinted at, outstanding work with your wife šŸ¤£.

Mostly because my wife said if I want her help today's the day šŸ˜‚.
I mean it seems like sheā€™s outting demands on you at this point? I mean almost sounds like the decision to start growing weed was actually hers all along? Next time you buy a new light (itā€™ll be sooner than tou think!) try that line on her when she queries the spend- but sterling work getting her on board šŸ¤£

Nick

Seal it up full of air or squeeze it out and seal.

Personally I leave like this. 1/2 pound bag left, pound bag right

IMG_0142.jpeg

Chosen because they were closest - my understanding is you want air in there because you donā€™t when the plant matter releases air itā€™ll just fill the bag with the gas and itā€™ll take longer push the dirty gas out.
Awesome they are tucked away in a dark spot for the next 2 weeks mostly because I'll be gone.
And I must say - as @Azimuth hinted at, outstanding work with your wife šŸ¤£.

I mean it seems like sheā€™s outting demands on you at this point? I mean almost sounds like the decision to start growing weed was actually hers all along? Next time you buy a new light (itā€™ll be sooner than tou think!) try that line on her when she queries the spend- but sterling work getting her on board šŸ¤£

Nick
She told me to get the tent cleaned out and get to another one going because she needs more relaxation of trimming šŸ˜†. I casually mentioned that if I had another tent I could keep a continuous harvest going and all she said was well we don't have that much room, I didn't here a "NO" anywhere in that answer.

Awesome they are tucked away in a dark spot for the next 2 weeks mostly because I'll be gone.

She told me to get the tent cleaned out and get to another one going because she needs more relaxation of trimming šŸ˜†. I casually mentioned that if I had another tent I could keep a continuous harvest going and all she said was well we don't have that much room, I didn't here a "NO" anywhere in that answer.
Look at you go!

šŸ¤£

Book a long business trip just before flip next time and, well shucks, sheā€™ll just have to handle it just that ā€œone timeā€ and then every time ever after šŸ¤£

Jeez my wife reads this she gonna slap me upside the head!

Look at you go!

šŸ¤£

Book a long business trip just before flip next time and, well shucks, sheā€™ll just have to handle it just that ā€œone timeā€ and then every time ever after šŸ¤£

Jeez my wife reads this she gonna slap me upside the head!
Haha o no my wife has killed 3 aloe plants and almost a snake plant which I've had to bring back to life a couple of times. Absolutely no green on any fingers, let alone thumbs. But without a doubt she can trim some buds. I should have done comparison pictures between hers and mine. I was relieved of trimming the colas and sentenced to trimming what she is now dubbing "Dollar store buds", or just the small ones hahaha.

Also if she read this I would def get slapped and probably a stern talking to about setting up the Mini Mother House without mentioning it, but then again it never came up in conversation... :rofl:

just make sure the rh is stable before going away for 2 weeks.
would hate to see you lose out. maybe the wife can get some relaxation out of burping too? šŸ˜…
I leave Wed, hopefully the Grove bags do their thing and help me out. She'll check on them but only because she's put a bunch of effort into making them look nice, and the there's a fancy dinner in it for her lol.

No worries. Just looking out. I've had the no burping thing bite me and it sucks to lose your stash after spending months tending to it. A lot of times i bag / jar and i think its dry, then rh bounces back and it has to be burped down for 2 weeks still. You'll know in the next few days.

No worries. Just looking out. I've had the no burping thing bite me and it sucks to lose your stash after spending months tending to it. A lot of times i bag / jar and i think its dry, then rh bounces back and it has to be burped down for 2 weeks still. You'll know in the next few days.
I appreciate the advice and will bring my wife up to speed on what to keep an eye on. This part of growing process is where I'm least confident in myself and where I have the least experience.

The last time I grew (10+ years ago) I got less than two ounces, out of a 4x4 and it smelled like grass lol I def don't want this harvest to go down the drain in the last leg of the race.

All ready to cure, even the popcorn stuff is getting cured because I had the extra bags and hydrometers and I want the practice. Each bag has settled into the 55-60% range, but I will keep an eye on it. I'm assuming there is a +/- of a couple percent on the hydrometers but should get me close enough.

PXL_20240318_205456655.jpg

So I've started my next grow journal and I'd enjoy everyone to tag along. It's SIPs and Autos, should be a good time. New Grow.

I smoked a bowl of the larf from the blueberry and it smells amazing, and the smoke was super smooth but the taste was slightly lacking. Still another 2 weeks to go on the cure so should be good in the end.

Put the Grove Bags somewhere cool
And dark and forget about them for 3 weeks. Donā€™t open them for sure.

As long as the buds were properly dry when they went in the bags will work their magic. Each time you open them at this stage slows the curing process down. Its mould proof material as well.

Nick

Put the Grove Bags somewhere cool
And dark and forget about them for 3 weeks. Donā€™t open them for sure.

As long as the buds were properly dry when they went in the bags will work their magic. Each time you open them at this stage slows the curing process down. Its mould proof material as well.

Nick
So the bags have been closed and holding steady at 60% for over 2 weeks but today I checked them and they all read 66% so opened one and it felt humid in the bag. I kind of shuffled the buds around and then zipped it shut and after an hour it's back to 59%. I know you said not to open them before three weeks but I panicked... Anywho they smell fantastic and I snagged a bud from each strain for research purposes šŸ˜‚ (and pictures for you all.)

Purple Haze
PXL_20240403_235228843.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20240403_235807843.PORTRAIT.jpg

Wedding Crasher
PXL_20240403_234823821.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20240404_000234151.PORTRAIT.jpg

Blueberry
PXL_20240403_234222538.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240404_000955356.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Smoke report will be trickling in over the next couple days.

I have completed my experimentation and can give an excellent smoke report on all three strains.

@Royal Queen Seeds Wedding Crasher - This is probably going to be my daily smoke. I've smoked it a couple of times at various times of the day and not once have I felt run down by the buzz. The smell is a mixture of mixed berries and a chai tea, herbal and earthy with a hint of vanilla. The smoke is very smooth and is fresh on the inhale and on the exhale it really coats your tongue. Definitely an enjoyable smoke but won't wow you with intense flavor. I will definitely grow this again and try to pull more of the flavor out during the grow.

Blimburn Blueberry - Really great buds. Awesome bag appeal and the smell is almost too much to where it stings your nostrils a little. These buds smell grew more intense during the cure. When you open the bag your met with a intense perfume of blueberry and gasoline. The buds smoke is extremely smooth almost like a vape hit. On the inhale you get a small muted taste of the perfume smell with a hint blueberry. On the exhale there isn't much of a taste. This strain was easy to grow and I will definitely be doing it again and really try to pull out it's full potential.

Purple Haze - This strain is the strongest buzz of the three. It also is definitely a night time smoke after all your work is done. I've handed samples to a couple of guinea pigs to confirm how I feel about it and they too feel the same. The buds are large, covered in crystals, and are so sticky that in the Grove bags they formed a single mass. This bud smells like haze and purple weed, lol I don't know how else to describe it but purple weed always smells purple. The buzz comes on quick and sits heavy on your eyelids. It's a pleasant high and calming, unless you partake too many puffs and then anxiety creeps in slightly. The smoke on inhale is a delightful haze taste with a slight floral note. When you exhale you get almost a refreshing herbal mint taste. This plant was big and nutrient needy, it won't be my last haze but I probably won't grow this exact strain again.

Thank you everyone for following along during this grow. I really hope to see you in my new grow, G-1-3 Grows CBD and THC.

I have completed my experimentation and can give an excellent smoke report on all three strains.

@Royal Queen Seeds Wedding Crasher - This is probably going to be my daily smoke. I've smoked it a couple of times at various times of the day and not once have I felt run down by the buzz. The smell is a mixture of mixed berries and a chai tea, herbal and earthy with a hint of vanilla. The smoke is very smooth and is fresh on the inhale and on the exhale it really coats your tongue. Definitely an enjoyable smoke but won't wow you with intense flavor. I will definitely grow this again and try to pull more of the flavor out during the grow.

Blimburn Blueberry - Really great buds. Awesome bag appeal and the smell is almost too much to where it stings your nostrils a little. These buds smell grew more intense during the cure. When you open the bag your met with a intense perfume of blueberry and gasoline. The buds smoke is extremely smooth almost like a vape hit. On the inhale you get a small muted taste of the perfume smell with a hint blueberry. On the exhale there isn't much of a taste. This strain was easy to grow and I will definitely be doing it again and really try to pull out it's full potential.

Purple Haze - This strain is the strongest buzz of the three. It also is definitely a night time smoke after all your work is done. I've handed samples to a couple of guinea pigs to confirm how I feel about it and they too feel the same. The buds are large, covered in crystals, and are so sticky that in the Grove bags they formed a single mass. This bud smells like haze and purple weed, lol I don't know how else to describe it but purple weed always smells purple. The buzz comes on quick and sits heavy on your eyelids. It's a pleasant high and calming, unless you partake too many puffs and then anxiety creeps in slightly. The smoke on inhale is a delightful haze taste with a slight floral note. When you exhale you get almost a refreshing herbal mint taste. This plant was big and nutrient needy, it won't be my last haze but I probably won't grow this exact strain again.

Thank you everyone for following along during this grow. I really hope to see you in my new grow, G-1-3 Grows CBD and THC.
Glad to hear that mate!! We hope you enjoy them ;) šŸŒ±

they all sound awesome. right on, bud!
the purple weed taste / smell is from the anthocyanins that give the plant the purple color. usually like a powdery grape.
Now that's it, grape Gatorade/Kool aid powder. I couldn't put my finger on it but that's the ticket. Thanks for the info and the kind words.

Glad to hear that mate!! We hope you enjoy them ;) šŸŒ±
I have a few more seeds of yours I can't wait to try.

Now that's it, grape Gatorade/Kool aid powder. I couldn't put my finger on it but that's the ticket. Thanks for the info and the kind words.

I have a few more seeds of yours I can't wait to try.
Like Iā€™ve grown so many their strains never get a hello šŸ¤£

Like Iā€™ve grown so many their strains never get a hello šŸ¤£
Haha I thought they responded to everyone. Makes feel all warm and fuzzy inside :surf:

Also woke up after 1 large pipe of purple haze, sitting upright on the couch but plot twist it wasn't where I smoked or even the same floor of the house lol. I have no recollection of where, what or how. So ya def a nighttime smoke.

Hey there! šŸ˜œ We always try to respond to each one of you, but sometimes it's difficult to keep track of all the mentions. (Plus, we've only been here for a month! šŸ„ŗ) However, always make sure to tag us in your mentions so we can get a notification and don't miss out on anything ;)
IMG_0808.jpeg

Half a kilo of Royal Cookies to cheer you. Harvested 29th Feb.

Mostly grew your strains last year purchased through the Thai RQS store. Germ rates pretty poor but when Iā€™ve imported myself from a UK seed bank much better. šŸ¤·šŸ½

Royal Cookies is very decent though. Grew to about 180cm out of the dirt indoor. (i have a very big flower room)

Back
Top Bottom