Step's 2nd Journal - Cheese Fem Auto

pulled a piece off of two plants and took some 60x pics with my iphone. not a bad little scope attachment for under $5. i'm color blind so it's hard for me to see them turn amber but they still look clear and cloudy to me. might need to give them a little more time. was planning on doing one a day starting monday morning and c3 then c2.

c5 -

c3 -

Those are great for curing jars , perfect size.

This harvest my plan is to remove all of the leaves about a week before harvest , this will apparently force the plant to use the stored energy / nutrients residing in the Buds to finish flowering.

I read about it on a commercial grow website

*5-12 - Day 111* - harvested tonight after 24 hours of darkness in the tent. harvested c2 on tuesday. removed all leaves that i could remove at the base. will finish trimming over the next week and then put them in paper bags to finish.

c2 - final pic

IMG_107641.JPG

She looks to have produced a nice amount of smoke , good job stepped

thanks bro. cant wait to taste her :smokin: this is always the hardest part for me. tried smoking some of the pieces that i took off to look at the trichomes....fucking disgusting. it had just been sitting out on the table for 3 days. it got me curious so i pulled a small piece out of the bag and it tastes pretty good. not great, but pretty good. at least better than the other, but still not quite as good as i expect at this stage

filling the tent. c2 is already out and in bags. this is everything else. i've been hanging them whole for 1+ days while removing all leaves i can easily get to - removing them at the base. after 24 hours i cut off smaller branches, hang them on the strings, and finish removing all leaves that aren't embedded in bud. once i'm ready to put them in bags i finish trimming. i've got 3 rows of buds in these pics, full all the way except the front left - where i'm going to place the rest of c3(which is the last plant left, hanging partially whole on the left). cant wait to weigh :yahoo:

on another note, cookies were awesome! shared them with all my friends and every1 said the same thing. if you don't have a magical butter machine...you are missing out and wasting precious thc. except for straining the butter, it was really easy to make and this can be remedied by buying/using cheese cloth. really heavy duty and quality product. makes up to 5 cups at once, which is enough for 10 batches of cookies. the craziest thing is...i got orders for 3 batches of cookies @ $100 a piece. each batch has the equiv of 7g of TRIM and people are begging for them. 1 cookie and i'm feeling it strong...2 cookies is just too much for me and i'm a pretty heavy smoker - compared to the ones pictured earlier. definitely wont be doing that again anytime soon, lol. cheers

Butter recipe - MagicalButter - MagicalButter.com
Decarb method (also butter recipe for crockpot) - Ultimate Cannabutter Experiment: Method 1 | High Times

stems are breaking on c2. final dry weight in jars for c2 = 125g. put 14g in each mason jar for curing. time to go buy a few more cases of jars, lol. i'm thinking total weight will be around 450g. c1 put out 35g. was not anything great but it did pass the time. still waiting on the hygrometers. should be in the next few days

Well that worked out well I think you will make it threw to next harvest without issue !

The hanging plants look great with the fat buds on them , nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This harvest I am going to cure my bud @ 60% humidity as per advice from a article I was reading by a medical warehouse grower who says curing @ 60% humidity will allow the Buds to consume the unused nutrients held in the Bud.

The person went as far as saying feed the plant right up to harvest and cure it *properly* rather then starving your plants for the last week or two of flower.

This Tip came from a multi-million dollar Med. grow operations website.

Others say 50% humidity I *know* 50% humidity is dry as I track the humidity in my house.

Table weed at 50% humidity is dry as a popcorn fart , you will cure nothing with that

I suggest ignoring the 50% humidity tip others give and use 60% humidity with air circulation / a fan.

The person went as far as saying feed the plant right up to harvest and cure it *properly* rather then starving your plants for the last week or two of flower.

that's interesting. i found a product gh made a week or two ago but i can't remember the name of it. "finish"...maybe...it was hard to find for sale, and i'm not seeing it now with a quick google search...but it was some type of fert they advertised to use the last 2 weeks. i've always steered away from that myself. too scared of it ruining the taste. i was thinking about ordering some, though, and testing on 1-2 plants to see how it worked out.

edit: it's called "ripen"

AN makes a product called Flawless Finish that is reported to cause the plant to stop up taking nutrients.

i use florakleen by gh that is supposed to do just that. i do want to swap to AN though. just got a lot of stored up gh and dont want it to go to waste

edit: actually i guess it bonds to nutes and prevents the plant from uptaking it...a little different

some bud pics from c4. tall skinny plant. not a lot of meat on her but decent crystals. i meant to get some bud pics of c2 before i jarred her. i opened a jar up and got 1 good picture out of it before the battery died....i'll get some tomorrow when i open them up. anxious for the hygrometers...

c4

c2

got another 5 oz jarred. 10 oz so far. will finish weighing/jarring everything tonight and tomorrow, hopefully :thumb:

edit: got everything either in jars now or in bags. looking to be around one lb. exactly including the first 30g

Thats great , it should hold you threw to next harvest , I got a lb last auto grow and its working out great as far as making to next harvest.

Only issue was its all the same strain..boring this harvest I have 2 strains , better but I want 4 strains.

4 plants 4 strains , 4 plants will fit in my 6x4 tent well

yeh thats my problem this grow too. all the same strain. i got a few buddies i could trade with. i did finish jarring everything up a few mins ago. i got 15 oz and 4g in jars. i got another 30g from c1 that was pulled early. a total of 466g/1 lb 10g

Back
Top Bottom