Stinky Snid's First Journal - Crop King NL's Automatic - Promix Bx+ - CFL & LED

re: Stinky Snid's First Journal - Crop King NL's Automatic - Promix Bx+ - CFL & LED

You're likely to be right glimmer, the hardest thing about reading all the posts on the canna Web is you never know what's fact and what's unproven. Especially with autoflowering strains the data seems to dry up. Some say light hours, some say total days, some think it's the roots reaching bottom. Who the hell knows at this point. I'm sure once they ease up on laws regarding studying these miracle plants there will be info on what causes the autos to decide when to flower. For now I'll keep on trying my best to keep these girls happy.

Not for one second would i second guess someone's well meaning opinion... It's all good sister(thanks artekay) , and thank you for your time guys and gals.

Next update is coming soon, cheers

re: Stinky Snid's First Journal - Crop King NL's Automatic - Promix Bx+ - CFL & LED

You're likely to be right glimmer, the hardest thing about reading all the posts on the canna Web is you never know what's fact and what's unproven. Especially with autoflowering strains the data seems to dry up. Some say light hours, some say total days, some think it's the roots reaching bottom. Who the hell knows at this point. I'm sure once they ease up on laws regarding studying these miracle plants there will be info on what causes the autos to decide when to flower. For now I'll keep on trying my best to keep these girls happy.

Not for one second would i second guess someone's well meaning opinion... It's all good brother, thanks for your time guys and gals.

Next update is coming soon, cheers

Thank you! We've just met, so I didn't want you to feel piled on :) I know what you mean about the sheer mass of info out there -- I'm a researcher and synthesizer by nature and training and it started to make me a bit nuts ... Finally I just decided to get out of my head and plunge in and try something, which is truly the best way :)

Sending positive energy your way!

20160103_090716.jpg
Priscilla day 42
20160103_090748.jpg
Nadine day 41
20160103_090843.jpg
Maria day 40

Maria my little gal is recovering from her incident with the dropped cfl fixture. The burnt/coderized growth tip has now branched into four new shoots. Two of which are from previous node and two new tips formed right on the end of the nub. Nadine has shown her preflowers this week and is starting to stretch it's under growth through the flat canopy. Lst has nearly completed the circuit for her and I've only tied down the two main shoots allowing the smaller growth to catch up a little. On to my first born, Priscilla my dear has erupted with many flowering sites. On her way to the big times, in my dreams... Lol. Ive let her find her own way to the skyway now. All Lst has stopped for this beauty, everything is going well for her at the moment.

Nutrients have been fed twice a week. I've been giving my mix 500ml. to them as a stand alone feeding in the centre of the pot and then diluting it some by adding plain PhD water up to 1.5 litre to saturate until a little run off comes out. Nute mix in the centre of the pot and water everywhere.

Update on my new lights.. After a week or so of hard research and budget constraints I decided on a pair of 48x5w reflector series from Mars hydro. I found that having an in house customer service on the site is fantastic. And I have to say, other than the slight language barrier the whole team there is fantastic. Thanks to Tina, Sarah, and I think it's Lyn... I'm looking forward to these lights I hope they aren't faulty, but their Reputation speaks for itself. Either way they should magically appear in my tent in the week or so.

Hope you are enjoying the journal, thanks for the support. :420:

Out with the old
20160106_190255.jpg
in with the new
20160105_212644.jpg

Picture day at the nursery isn't for a few more days but here is a mid week peek. They're as far from the LEDs as possible, but that I can still get a reasonable reading on my light meter. I'll do this for a day or two in order to get them acclimatized to their new "sun". I've read you should veg with Led if you're going to flower with Led. but upon querying this here on this great forum and getting some advice I disregarded that notion and let them bask in the glory of the pink.

20160106_194232.jpg
the girls in their new digs
I've been reading that these girls may need extra cal/mag supplements under LEDs, so I upped to a one and a half dose in the nute mix. I don't like them on the floor so I'll keep raising them up closer to the LEDs as time progresses and they don't show sign of light burn.

Can anyone explain how to make my journal description in my signature the actual link to the journal and not how it currently shows it?? please and thank you... Nevermind I should have looked at your signature haha it's right there .

I just realized what" other" meant... Lmfao I am an idiot!

I'm coming up, so you better get this party started, by American singer and songwriter Alecia Beth "Pink" Moore (born September 8, 1979) (stylized as P!nk) of course.

I'm not sure what you might have thought I meant! :thedoubletake: :laugh:

:slide:

Nice looking plants so far.. looks like they are loving the LST
I'll try and make you proud boddy (buddy), it's thanks to the community here that I've been able to advance my knowledge so quickly. Literally, I couldn't do this without you guys and gals being so great with sharing experiences... Mistakes and accomplishments

Started them off in solo cups, this allows me to easily regulate their water intake in their first couple weeks of life. I will later cut off the bottom third of the cup and placing it in their final pots. This forces the roots downwards in early stages (imo) allowing the taproot to reach as far down as possible before branching out. This is also tends to follow the "Science" that autos don't flower until their roots hit the sides of re the pot. Again this is totally my opinion from what I've read all over the canna Web. Hope to get some input on this aspect from the community :Namaste:

thats very clever mate i mean the way you force roots down
nice very nice:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Update on my new lights.. After a week or so of hard research and budget constraints I decided on a pair of 48x5w reflector series from Mars hydro. I found that having an in house customer service on the site is fantastic. And I have to say, other than the slight language barrier the whole team there is fantastic. Thanks to Tina, Sarah, and I think it's Lyn... I'm looking forward to these lights I hope they aren't faulty, but their Reputation speaks for itself. Either way they should magically appear in my tent in the week or so.

Hope you are enjoying the journal, thanks for the support. :420:

Hey, Snid! Looking great!

I totally agree with you about MH. I went with MarsHydro, too, because of the great support right here from Sara and her team. She fixed me up with my light and got me shipping within my own country so I didn't have to worry about customs or extra expenses. She is worth her weight in gold to that company, IMHO :)

All the best with your girls. I think you're falling in love with them, eh? They are amazingly interesting and engaging plants ...

Not sure if that info on solo cups strategy is fact, but I've seen good results so far. I'll be checking the roots after the harvest. We'll see how it looks sooner than later

20160110_103657.jpg
Priscilla day 49
20160110_103711.jpg
Nadine day 48
20160110_103722.jpg
Maria day 47

My dearest Priscilla is blooming fiercely. All major Colas are on the outside rim with one or two big centre ones. And a bunch of undergrowth peaking through.
Nadine is commencing full on pistil production, she's almost as thick as her sister, lots of Colas. :thumb:
Maria is still dragging her knuckles on this grow, she's so small but definitely filling out where I had burnt her. I'm so glad she is going to produce something rather than nothing.. I've started some minor defoliation of bigger leaves that were facing toward the middle, all the rest of the time I'm leaf tucking so that flowers are exposed to direct light. Once again to all the folks here, You're all great... Thanks for reading along

Snid, I can't PM yet, but you might want to take a look at your pictures again. As soon as I can PM, I'll let you know what I see.

20160113_194738.jpg
Maria midweek

Any advice is welcome, I hope I figured this problem out by my usual hours of reading and comparing pics.

I noticed a little reddish colouring on Maria today. Her new tips were all slightly shaded with that reddish colour. After diagnosis from the canna Web and my jorge Cervantes literature at home, I decided it was a slight phosphor deficiency so I double her dose of bloom nutes for the next feeding. My poor little gal is not having any luck on this life. Hope she pulls through, I bet you, she'll be a beauty in end though.

Snid, I can't PM yet, but you might want to take a look at your pictures again. As soon as I can PM, I'll let you know what I see.

Just put it up on this journal man, that's what it's for.. Can't wait to hear what you may have spotted.. Don't be shy, no advice is going to be bad advice. Cheers

It's not advice really. It's more so I can see an identifier in your pictures for a general location. The stoner in me is apparently stuck on the little things today.

Back
Top Bottom