Stupidface Grows Again - Featuring Mephisto Illuminautos, LEDs & Promix

Day 1 I guess.
Gold glue seed slowly grew a tail overnight and went into the soil this morning. Not having a good feeling about that one. On a more positive note the creme bubbly popped. Say hello to Gnomie. Sorry I took some liberties with your name but this way it will be easier if I decide to write poems or rap lyrics about the plant. I'm sure I won't but you have to be prepared.
2eda869a8ba3715a1dd5615ef9530761.jpg
27c64e49131dbf10c20c0fa48b3db23f.jpg

Little humidifier struggling to keep humidity up. On full power i have to fill it every 8 hours which is a problem when you work 10 hour shifts. Reached 50% RH today but it is warm and raining out, colder weather coming back tomorrow night. Ordered a new humidifier with a humidistat and much larger capacity. Also a little heater to keep the tent temp up when lights are off.

Right now if i keep the room at 65F, with lights on the tent goes to 80-82F which I'm happy with. I dont want the tent temp to drop all the way to 65F when lights go off so i will have the heater set at 70F-75F. A couple days of fine tuning and climate control should be sorted. Last grow i went 20/4 for veg and 24/0 for flower. If i can keep temps and RH under control i will do 20/4 for flower as well.

They dont need sleep and i think the 24 hour light was a big part in getting such a large yield last grow but it could be at the expense of quality. I certainly dont have enough experience to make that call though. I want to try 20/4 this time and see how it goes. I should do another grow with more of the white widows to get a better comparison.

Yea you should .

Looking great in here, that littleuns rarin to go!

I'm running my auto cheese 20/4 but was thinking of dropping it to 18/6, but you say 24/0? Don't they need sleep?

We go 18/6 to save on hydro costs. When we had less lights, we did the 24/0 - no problem. Now that we have increased our output, we need to watch the $. This will be our third grow at 18/6 with no problems for autos. Cheers

We go 18/6 to save on hydro costs. When we had less lights, we did the 24/0 - no problem. Now that we have increased our output, we need to watch the $. This will be our third grow at 18/6 with no problems for autos. Cheers

That's a fair point. I just paid the biggest power bill of my life.

That's a fair point. I just paid the biggest power bill of my life.

Hi SF - not sure if you live in Ontario or not. However, if you do, check the ieso.ca website and navigate to (power data / demand). It will show you the current and forecast demand for power in Ontario. Before I retired, I helped manage the use of power for the company that I worked for. Generally speaking, demand in Ontario starts to climb around 4:30 p.m. and drops off around 9 p.m. when the demand increases, so do the prices. If you manage your light timers well, you will save money. For 18/6 set your lights to go off at 4 p.m. and back on at 10 p.m. Cheers.

Hi SF - not sure if you live in Ontario or not. However, if you do, check the ieso.ca website and navigate to (power data / demand). It will show you the current and forecast demand for power in Ontario. Before I retired, I helped manage the use of power for the company that I worked for. Generally speaking, demand in Ontario starts to climb around 4:30 p.m. and drops off around 9 p.m. when the demand increases, so do the prices. If you manage your light timers well, you will save money. For 18/6 set your lights to go off at 4 p.m. and back on at 10 p.m. Cheers.

A very smart way to save cost

I think 18/6 or 20/4 are better for veg stage

I agree 100%. I only did the 24 hour of light during flower last grow, and it was only because i couldnt stop big temp swings when lights went off and i was concerned about mold.

Day 3: All systems go.

Gnomie is getting bigger. I forgot just how small they are when they first pop.

IMG_20180114_212430.jpg

And look who finally decided to show up. Waffle!

IMG_20180114_212441.jpg

Wanted to name the Gold Glue after someone who helped on the last grow but that was a long list and only one plant. So instead of playing favorites i chose someone who was a big help to me early on, but sadly doesnt seem to post/visit the site anymore. Hopefully I can grow a plant worthy of its namesake.

Smoking one of the buds that went purplish from last grow. Doesnt photograph well. I'll have to dig out a better bud and try to get some shots.

IMG_20180114_212959.jpg

IMG_20180114_213012.jpg

Now I'm at the hardest part of the whole grow. Resisting the urge to water them.

Day 3: All systems go.

Gnomie is getting bigger. I forgot just how small they are when they first pop.

IMG_20180114_212430.jpg

And look who finally decided to show up. Waffle!

IMG_20180114_212441.jpg

Wanted to name the Gold Glue after someone who helped on the last grow but that was a long list and only one plant. So instead of playing favorites i chose someone who was a big help to me early on, but sadly doesnt seem to post/visit the site anymore. Hopefully I can grow a plant worthy of its namesake.

Smoking one of the buds that went purplish from last grow. Doesnt photograph well. I'll have to dig out a better bud and try to get some shots.

IMG_20180114_212959.jpg

IMG_20180114_213012.jpg

Now I'm at the hardest part of the whole grow. Resisting the urge to water them.
Mine are on week 6 flush already. Where does the time go?!

Back
Top Bottom