It's a testimony to the healing power of cannabis. You don't have to follow a prescribed formula or process and get it "just right" for the herb to heal you. Cannabis allows us lots of wiggle room. It's why we don't disparage anyone's process. None of us has the formula for the holy grail of cannabis dosing. Such a formulation doesn't exist. Diversity rules in the canna kingdom. :cheesygrinsmiley:

well said :)

Look who flew in to say hello

420-magazine-mobile356497500.jpg

Lol

Should I go outside and pick a watermelon for you guys to see?

You're picking watermelons and we're just coming into Spring. :laughtwo:

Hi mmMike I copied a portion of your post to here:

I ended up with 9 cc of CCO. Following the recipe, I would use 9 cc of CCO, 64 cc of Coco oil and 9 cc of Lecithin. Then, if I understand you correctly, I would add another 45 cc of carrier (Coco) oil to the batch. I'm in the middle of this as I type and after adding only half of the initial carrier oil, it just seems like it's too much. Can't imagine adding another 45 cc of c oil! That would make approx. 127 1 cc (or ml) caps! And this is for the 5:1 ratio!

Im thinking for a 1:5 with 9cc you would use a max of 45 cc of carrier oil/lecithin total for the batch? Maybe my math brain is not working today. I'm not sure where the 64 + 9 comes from?

Old bear, I used Sue's latest ratios - see below.

BioBomb Capsules - Continuing rework 4/7/17

20:1 = 1 cc CCO + 16 cc carrier oil + 4 cc lecithin

1000 mg cannabinoids /21 capsules = 47 mg cannabinoids per capsule.

10:1 = 1 cc CCO + 8 cc carrier oil + 2 cc lecithin

1000 mg /11 capsules = 91 mg cannabinoids per capsule

5:1 = 1 cc CCO + 4 cc carrier oil + 1 cc lecithin

1000 mg/6 capsules = 167 mg cannabinoids per capsule.

For the 5:1 ratio (1 to 4 to 1) with 9 g of CCO - I just multiplied each value by 9. 9, 36, 9. (I obviously make an error calculating 64 cc of carrier oil- 4*9=36, not 64).

Also, I now know that the revised formulas do not require the additional carrier oil or lecithin. So, you are correct! 36 cc of carrier and 9 cc of lecithin = 45 cc total!

Sue, do you have a name for this, other than "36 hour oil"? Thx.

Edit: decided I should reference the original post. Of course, now going back and trying find it....well, I cant! Someone recently asked for this recipe and you reposted it. Damn if I can find it!

Reading back through Cajun's thread I found the point where the discussion on capsules and the biobomb effect began. We've changed dramatically since this. Some recent confusion on dosing lingo (gr=ml=cc) has me thinking about the next rewrite. In the meantime I thought it might be insightful to see where it all began and ask ourselves how we feel about where we now stand.

You can follow the original discussion here. These discussions are important in context.

Tptb,
My opinion is that tacking along with oral ingesting is the best method for y'all.
But, taking any cannabinoids orally has a horrible metabolism & bioavailability rate. A maximum of 10-20% of the medicine gets through.
So, the answer to this awful blood- brain barrier issue is to use the canna-Budwig protocol.
You will get up to 90% of the meds then.
A warning is that the THC will hit immediately & at full force so dosing is key.
Dilute 1g of CO (cannabis oil) with 20g of non lignan flaxseed oil. Mix that with 3 more full tbs of the flaxseed oil & 1 tbs of liquid lecithin.
Refrigerate for 24 hours.
Insert the mix in to the capsules.
There's way more to this, but this will get her started.
I'll post the full protocol tomorrow.
She ingests 1 cap, try 6x daily for full & constant pressure on the tumors.

For the oil, try to get a mix of 2:1 (THC: CBD). The CBD will help offset the euphoria & will assist the THC in shrinking the tumors. Sounds like you've considered this, but didn't know a good ratio.
Since you're using an indica dom strain, use a sativa dom strain in the daytime if she starts getting tired or sleeps too much.
The additional good news is that this protocol for breast cancer will save your oil automatically.
There are more survivors using this with success for non met. breast cancer than most other types of cancers.
I'll post the canna- budwig info tomorrow if you can't find it.

P.S. Use "00" sized caps.

I have a list of questions forming, but I wanted to look at the evolution of the capsules for a while and think about it. I use infused oils, for the most part. It works for my family and saves me playing with solvents. I'm also not treating cancer, but others here have seen success with the biobombs, in both formulations. Did we make it easier? Is it as therapeutic as Cajun's original?

Sorry, questions just start popping out everywhere! :laughtwo: Can you imagine living with me? Lol! I'll behave and keep the questions in for a while.

Ahhhh..... It's good to be in the company of friends. :hug: :love:

Sue, do you have a name for this, other than "36 hour oil"? Thx.

Edit: decided I should reference the original post. Of course, now going back and trying find it....well, I cant! Someone recently asked for this recipe and you reposted it. Damn if I can find it!

It was lost in my previous grow thread Mike. Here's a link to that post. I think I'll write it up again and do something easier to track.

Pain Creme

Reading back through Cajun's thread I found the point where the discussion on capsules and the biobomb effect began. We've changed dramatically since this. Some recent confusion on dosing lingo (gr=ml=cc) has me thinking about the next rewrite. In the meantime I thought it might be insightful to see where it all began and ask ourselves how we feel about where we now stand.

You can follow the original discussion here. These discussions are important in context.

I have a list of questions forming, but I wanted to look at the evolution of the capsules for a while and think about it. I use infused oils, for the most part. It works for my family and saves me playing with solvents. I'm also not treating cancer, but others here have seen success with the biobombs, in both formulations. Did we make it easier? Is it as therapeutic as Cajun's original?

Ahhhh..... It's good to be in the company of friends. :hug: :love:

Indeed it is... as I wrote to you before the bio bombs definitely work for my wife. Just to check, we stopped for a day...nonononono... we won't do that again...

Today, she can do her cooking and her artwork, and she has a better life than if she had stuck with pharmaceuticals.

Thanks to Sue and all those who participate here.

It was lost in my previous grow thread Mike. Here's a link to that post. I think I'll write it up again and do something easier to track.

Pain Creme

Here is the other one If ya will. It always seem to be the first that comes up when I search for reference.
I am on my third batch for my kitten and all is well. ( i don't make the cream just the infused oil )

Pain Cream using only 2 grams made many times

Indeed it is... as I wrote to you before the bio bombs definitely work for my wife. Just to check, we stopped for a day...nonononono... we won't do that again...

Today, she can do her cooking and her artwork, and she has a better life than if she had stuck with pharmaceuticals.

Thanks to Sue and all those who participate here.

The input is appreciated Danolo. This is a work in progress by the community. I opened the door to the curious, and you all came pouring in. What we were hoping for with the rework was a way to more precisely control the cannabinoid load. At the 20:1 mix you're getting just under 50 cannabinoids per capsule (very rough guess) and if your THC is running about 15% that means you're getting something close to between 5-10 mg of THC, if my math is correct, and I'm not an accountant for a reason. :laughtwo:

I think that's a fair starting point for a capsule. From this point it's a matter of adjusting your numbers to reflect the strain or oil choices you went with.

Another thing we've learned is how easy it is to use the capsules for suppositories, which instantly made everyone's life so much easier.

We increased the cannabinoid dose per capsule by cutting back on the extra carrier oil and lecithin. I believe we struck a good compromise with that. Any thoughts to the contrary? All in all I'm comfortable with the formulations. The language and instructions needs firmed upon a little more. In particular I want to reinforce the idea of letting the oil mix sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours, as Cajun instructed. This allows the lecithin to do a better job of encapsulating the oil components. I think I'm close to doing a rewrite.

Hmmmm...... I need a note for the opening posts too, to let readers know to come to the current page with questions and before they play with our formulas, to determine if we've upgraded anything. I'll get that done later. Right now it's time to fine-tune the body with some Callanetics. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here is the other one If ya will. It always seem to be the first that comes up when I search for reference.
I am on my third batch for my kitten and all is well. ( i don't make the cream just the infused oil )

Pain Cream using only 2 grams made many times

They're the same thing keltic. :laughtwo: At the beginning of my post I link you to this thread. The testimonials are amazing. Talked me right into trying, and I've since worked the oil recipe to include a higher concentration of plant material. This oil with some of the recipes being worked on in Magnus's study hall on topicals will make a potent pain med.

The input is appreciated Danolo. This is a work in progress by the community. I opened the door to the curious, and you all came pouring in. What we were hoping for with the rework was a way to more precisely control the cannabinoid load. At the 20:1 mix you're getting just under 50 cannabinoids per capsule (very rough guess) and if your THC is running about 15% that means you're getting something close to between 5-10 mg of THC, if my math is correct, and I'm not an accountant for a reason. :laughtwo:

I think that's a fair starting point for a capsule. From this point it's a matter of adjusting your numbers to reflect the strain or oil choices you went with.

Another thing we've learned is how easy it is to use the capsules for suppositories, which instantly made everyone's life so much easier.

We increased the cannabinoid dose per capsule by cutting back on the extra carrier oil and lecithin. I believe we struck a good compromise with that. Any thoughts to the contrary? All in all I'm comfortable with the formulations. The language and instructions needs firmed upon a little more. In particular I want to reinforce the idea of letting the oil mix sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours, as Cajun instructed. This allows the lecithin to do a better job of encapsulating the oil components. I think I'm close to doing a rewrite.

Hmmmm...... I need a note for the opening posts too, to let readers know to come to the current page with questions and before they play with our formulas, to determine if we've upgraded anything. I'll get that done later. Right now it's time to fine-tune the body with some Callanetics. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Red [;>)
I want to slow down with this experiment. Every test I can think of is subjective. Short of actually having it tested.

Next week I am going to have two plants tested. Both are small plants. One is CBD Shark Shock. The other is Ghost Train Haze. I don't want to use either for this test. However, I have a second GTH that will finish flowering in about three weeks. I could make a batch of whatever and have it tested along with some flowers from the same plant. The first GTH should give us an idea of the potency of the second plant. I have trips planed for each month, so it is just the testing cost that is extra dollars.

This morning I took half a jar of solidified coconut oil and dusted off the vacuum chamber. I just wanted to see what would happen if I vacuumed it. Anything with water in it can cause supper boiling and a messy chamber. I was not concerned with water, however I thought there was a chance of something unexpected.

Shortly after I had the vacuum running, an air pocket formed on the bottom about ¼" high. I ran it for a while, released the vacuum and restarted it. This time the air pocket reformed and there were drops of oil running down the side of the jar. I expected it to continue. It did not. I ran the vacuum for about half an hour with not much change. The oil was probably around 65F.

None of this means much except it got me to thinking about the refrigerating step to encapsulate the cannabinoids. I don't understand what is happening there. Though, relatively high vacuum or repeated vacuum and release could aid or replace that step.

The lab's pricing is reasonable though it adds up. I am having scanner issues or I would post the pricing page.

Hi Sue.

When I clicked on your link, it took me to the post where your oil exploded all over your stove last fall and there was nothing about a pain cream or cannaoil recipe. Any chance you could repost it here?

Also, whatever happened to the thread you started to index this thread? Are you still keeping it up?

Pain Creme

The scanner is working for now.

This should give members some idea of the cost to have samples run. This company is in about 6 states now. I have only been there once. I had there Express Test that they did not charge me for. They were very nice and gave me a nice brochure along with the price page. At the NM location everyone gets the 'Loyalty Program' pricing, at least for a while.

Best

Scan00015.jpg

The Express Cannabinoids report I received
redacted_Bag_seed_test_Scan.jpg

Hi Sue.

When I clicked on your link, it took me to the post where your oil exploded all over your stove last fall and there was nothing about a pain cream or cannaoil recipe. Any chance you could repost it here?

Also, whatever happened to the thread you started to index this thread? Are you still keeping it up?

Give it another try Hash Girl. It took me right to the post.

Back
Top Bottom