I remember reading Cajun stuff.-
He was at the beginning.
Motoco too.

‘’’sue ‘ who then is skunk pharma? I thought one of either motoco or Cajun also ran or worked at skunk pharma? Know of,them..

Cajun was the impetus for this study hall. He'll be missed. Until we meet again. :circle-of-love:

I remember reading Cajun stuff.-
He was at the beginning.
Motoco too.

‘’’sue ‘ who then is skunk pharma? I thought one of either motoco or Cajun also ran or worked at skunk pharma? Know of,them..

Skunk Pharm Research is an intrepid group, like us, but with more money and resources available, that took to the business of tackling the science. I believe Cajun was acquainted with them personally, but I do know he used their data incessantly.

Cajun was always interested in the "why does this do what we think it does?" In his mind, knowledge was the true power, but to be honest, he held much of that back because he didn't have the talent I have to explain it digitally, nor did he care to do your work for you. It was possibly our biggest point of contention. More than once I awoke Ragin' Cajun by pushing for more, more, more. :laughtwo: I can laugh about it now. At the time.....

That's why we made such a good team. He pointed me in the direction and let my curious mind go hog-wild looking for ways to make the complex understandable. And Ragin' Cajun only scared me once. :laughtwo:

Cajun was reassured on his way out that we had a good handle on the basics of his protocol and were going to continue lighting the path for others.

The universe had alternate plans. For all the moving of heaven and earth I can do, this was out of my reach.

Hi all,

Message from Dave Groomer

Those who are waiting for his topical cream recipe, he hasn't forgotten, just super busy. Hang tight, he'll get there :circle-of-love:

I hope this is the correct thread to post in...

Ok guys and gals. I will post this here and over in the Base Treatment Tread.

Dave Groomers Pain cream

Infuse grape seed oil. I use 1g / oz of oil for bud and 3g /oz if using trim. Unless I am using fresh harvest, I decarb the bud for 110 minutes at 230f. I do it in am oven roasting bag to keep the smell to a minimum. Crush up and add to oil. Since this is a topical, NO lecithin is needed. I put it in a mason jar and cook in the oven for 4 hours @ 200f. Strain. There is you base. I will generally make 4 or mre cups of oil at a time so I have it on hand to make cream.

I then take 1c of infused oil and add 100g of cosmetic grade soy wax. (I have a 50lb box for making candles.) You can also use beeswax. You need much less beeswax then soy, but if someone is allergic to bees, they may be allergic to the wax. I started using the soy wax for that reason, one of the people I help couldn't use the cream due to the beeswax. I put the oil and wax into the microwave for about 90 seconds.(DO NOT do beeswax in the Microwave. For Beeswax, use a double boiler.) It melts all the wax. Add 20 drops of your favorite essential oil (we use a lot of lavender.) mix well and pour into jars. 1c of oil with 100g of wax will make three 4oz jars. I use the small mason jars. They are cheap and work great. I buy them by the case. After you pour it, it will take 1/2 and hour or so to set. Put it in the fridge and it will set faster.

This cream is not a silver bullet. It does a great job of reducing pain. Most people say it takes it from a 6 or a 7 down to a 2 or even a 1. Not completely gone, but very manageable.

I hope this helps everyone. Have a happy and healthy Christmas and a New year. :circle-of-love::peace:

Dave, I was wondering if you have compared the straight oil to the oil/wax combo? Any wax will inhibit absorption into the skin and I didn't know if you have noticed a difference. I have a batch of oil I kept apart when I did my salve and I've found that the oil is more effective.

My mix was 6 ounces infused oil/25 grams beeswax (in a makeshift double boiler of tinfoil over a pot!).

Dave, I was wondering if you have compared the straight oil to the oil/wax combo? Any wax will inhibit absorption into the skin and I didn't know if you have noticed a difference. I have a batch of oil I kept apart when I did my salve and I've found that the oil is more effective.

My mix was 6 ounces infused oil/25 grams beeswax (in a makeshift double boiler of tinfoil over a pot!).

I started making it with Beeswax. You are correct you need much less. That being said, i did not notice a difference in how it worked with the bee vs soy wax. The soy is easy (microwave) and non allergenic for those who have that issue, even though you need more of it. I will have to try some of the oil plain. I will get back to you. :) :circle-of-love::peace:

I started making it with Beeswax. You are correct you need much less. That being said, i did not notice a difference in how it worked with the bee vs soy wax. The soy is easy (microwave) and non allergenic for those who have that issue, even though you need more of it. I will have to try some of the oil plain. I will get back to you. :) :circle-of-love::peace:

I actually wish I kept more out as plain oil. Next time I'll probably leave most as oil but make a small batch with wax to bring to work with me, where oil would be too messy. Just enough wax to make it less runny, but not enough to make it a salve.

Keep us posted and if you have a chance you should update the Magnus8 thread.

Dave Groomers Pain cream

Infuse grape seed oil. I use 1g / oz of oil for bud and 3g /oz if using trim. Unless I am using fresh harvest, I decarb the bud for 110 minutes at 230f. I do it in am oven roasting bag to keep the smell to a minimum. Crush up and add to oil. Since this is a topical, NO lecithin is needed. I put it in a mason jar and cook in the oven for 4 hours @ 200f. Strain. There is you base. I will generally make 4 or mre cups of oil at a time so I have it on hand to make cream.

I then take 1c of infused oil and add 100g of cosmetic grade soy wax. (I have a 50lb box for making candles.) You can also use beeswax. You need much less beeswax then soy, but if someone is allergic to bees, they may be allergic to the wax. I started using the soy wax for that reason, one of the people I help couldn't use the cream due to the beeswax. I put the oil and wax into the microwave for about 90 seconds.(DO NOT do beeswax in the Microwave. For Beeswax, use a double boiler.) It melts all the wax. Add 20 drops of your favorite essential oil (we use a lot of lavender.) mix well and pour into jars. 1c of oil with 100g of wax will make three 4oz jars. I use the small mason jars. They are cheap and work great. I buy them by the case. After you pour it, it will take 1/2 and hour or so to set. Put it in the fridge and it will set faster.

This cream is not a silver bullet. It does a great job of reducing pain. Most people say it takes it from a 6 or a 7 down to a 2 or even a 1. Not completely gone, but very manageable.

I hope this helps everyone. Have a happy and healthy Christmas and a New year. :circle-of-love::peace:

Thank you Dave

:cco::love::cco::love:

Dave Groomers Pain cream

Thanks for posting this! I can't wait to try this. I am looking for daytime relief for my arthritis. How long would you say does the pain relief last? Sorry if this has been asked and answered...

Thanks for posting this! I can't wait to try this. I am looking for daytime relief for my arthritis. How long would you say does the pain relief last? Sorry if this has been asked and answered...

It lasts for several hours. Just reapply as necessary. Apply directly to where the pain is. You can also rub into palms and soles of feet.:circle-of-love::peace:

I have some coconut oil I keep without additives for using on my face. For some reason my pores complain when I put the beeswax mix on the face. :laughtwo: I can't wear makeup for this very reason, thank goodness. The coconut oil appears to be slowly but surely healing the psoriatic patches.

I've used both for pain, and I don't see any real difference in effectiveness. That could be me though. The chief advantage of the beeswax addition is less oily. Without the beeswax I had to have clothes that oil stains wouldn't matter.

By the way...

IMG_70835.JPG

So I had about 225g of trim. Decatbed and added to 4c of grape seed oil and cooked for 4 hours. I put infused oil with 5 drops of lavender oil into a small 1 oz roller bottle. I made 4 of them, one for me and I gave the other 3 away (2 people that use my cream and one who has never tried.) IT WORKS GREAT. a little roll all around my knee last night and within 10 or 15 minutes the pain was gone. My cousin who I gave it to, had the same results (she had never used anything before and was amazed at how well it works. We live and learn. :circle-of-love::peace:

So I had about 225g of trim. Decatbed and added to 4c of grape seed oil and cooked for 4 hours. I put infused oil with 5 drops of lavender oil into a small 1 oz roller bottle. I made 4 of them, one for me and I gave the other 3 away (2 people that use my cream and one who has never tried.) IT WORKS GREAT. a little roll all around my knee last night and within 10 or 15 minutes the pain was gone. My cousin who I gave it to, had the same results (she had never used anything before and was amazed at how well it works. We live and learn.

Farm Girl makes a similar thc salve...people are using it mainly for hands and feet.

So I had about 225g of trim. Decatbed and added to 4c of grape seed oil and cooked for 4 hours. I put infused oil with 5 drops of lavender oil into a small 1 oz roller bottle. I made 4 of them, one for me and I gave the other 3 away (2 people that use my cream and one who has never tried.) IT WORKS GREAT. a little roll all around my knee last night and within 10 or 15 minutes the pain was gone. My cousin who I gave it to, had the same results (she had never used anything before and was amazed at how well it works. We live and learn. :circle-of-love::peace:

Thank you. :hug: Thank you. :hug: Thank you. :hug:

Now I have the use I've been waiting for. This is my bag of trim, mostly from harvests I've done over the past year. It can be supplemented with the bags of popcorn in the freezer.

IMG_70987.JPG

I have enough in there to make a good pain cream. Think I'll make a batch, strain, supplement to get to two cups of oil again and run it through with a second batch of leaves. In this way I should get more cannabinoid concentration, don't you think?

Drat! I just placed an order with the rain forest and forgot about the dispensers. :straightface: Oh well, next order, I suppose. I'll make certain to get that placed by the weekend.

Dave or Blew, can you link me to the containers you use to dispense your pain cream? I've been using 4 oz glass jars. Time to upgrade.

Farm Girl makes a similar thc salve...people are using it mainly for hands and feet.

I use mine all winter on the feet. I keep some infused coconut oil - no additives at all - for my face, but use the healing cream for everything else. I slather it on before I put on socks to head outdoors. I run barefoot at home, and the cream's too slippery without socks. :laughtwo: This stuff is so wonderful I use it everywhere anymore. Any small discomfort gets hit with a dab.

Your cream saved me last week Dave. Took a bad fall while out walking that took me out of commission for a few days. Using the cream from the start kept the damaged areas from bruising, something I'd never witnessed at this level of effectiveness before. It also reduced pain from the damaged tissue to almost nothing.

And now you've made it even more attractive by showing me how useful all the trim I've been accumulating can be. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom