Greetings friends,

I hope everyone is well. I don't know if anyone was effected by the recent flooding in Santa Barbara Cty. I hope not. If so then I am with you in spirit and hope that you have found a safe place for the time being.

I'm still waiting (yes I am) for my digestive system to settle down from the olive oil test. But in the meantime, I received the ceramic oven-safe custard cups and silicone baking cups in the mail and successfuly decarboxylated 1 gram of rosin into a beautiful glob which I poured back into the little glass jar it came in. Next time I do it I will video tape the process as it worked like a charm. No more scraping sticky rosin off parchment paper.

I can now take a piece off that fits inside this O and let it dissolve under my tongue every night for a few nights and go up from there. Meantime, as I mentioned, I did buy coconut oil (it says "almost no flavor" on the jar) and grapeseed oil. Perphaps tomorrow I can start the tetst on the coconut oil.

Best wishes. Happy MLK,Jr weekend to all.

Ive done some research and found that your reaction to olive oil is not all that unusual.

If coconut is out, maybe try some grapeseed oil? Ive seen that used in concentrates.

I don't have any experience with tinctures, but its cannabinoids mixed in with something else, so there is no reason to not use this option. If you have some you like and can tolerate, that's perfect,

There are a couple of reasons for the small amount. What we want to do is tweek your endocannbinoid system with a small amount of thc/cbd. Think of it as a vitamin supplement. A therapeutic dose, where you get healing benefits but don't get 'high', if fact you want it so you barely feel it, is the best.

Too much thc will give you negative outcomes of too much too fast (dry mouth, racy brain, anxiety, etc) that most people want to avoid. Internally too much will simply shut down your CB1 receptors and your system will flush all the excess. Money for nothing. Too much can also make the symptoms worse. Starting at such a low level and slowly increasing the doseage will help find the best level for you. People call it the 'sweet spot'.

If you want to start at a higher amount that's ok too. What is most important is the keeping track of what you took, how much when and the results you experienced. You can always lower it later if needed.

Some reading on Cannabis Microdosing' will explain it.

If you feel up to taking the rosin, go for it. We can wait a day or 2 to go back to the oils.

Greetings friends,

I hope everyone is well. I don't know if anyone was effected by the recent flooding in Santa Barbara Cty. I hope not. If so then I am with you in spirit and hope that you have found a safe place for the time being.

I'm still waiting (yes I am) for my digestive system to settle down from the olive oil test. But in the meantime, I received the ceramic oven-safe custard cups and silicone baking cups in the mail and successfuly decarboxylated 1 gram of rosin into a beautiful glob which I poured back into the little glass jar it came in. Next time I do it I will video tape the process as it worked like a charm. No more scraping sticky rosin off parchment paper.

I can now take a piece off that fits inside this O and let it dissolve under my tongue every night for a few nights and go up from there. Meantime, as I mentioned, I did buy coconut oil (it says "almost no flavor" on the jar) and grapeseed oil. Perphaps tomorrow I can start the tetst on the coconut oil.

We're with you in spirit. Little steps. :hug:

If troublesome, you could try 1/4 teaspoon and see if that's better. Next shopping trip recommend these 2 things. The liquid sunflower lecithin helps your body absorb the cannabinoids. Gel caps also useful.

IMG_141242.JPG

Greetings friends,

Hi there keshazel! I have food allergies and also have Crohns disease. When I need my digestive system to get back to normal in a hurry I follow the BRAT diet for a couple of days. Not sure what your dietary restrictions might be. Check with your Dr on if they think it may help you. Basically bananas, rice, bone broth (I make my own and always have some in the freezer), apple sauce, and yogurt if you can tolerate dairy. It's not meant for long term. If you don't have a nutritionist and can swing one, it may be worth looking into that too. They can do a work-up on food sensitivities that may cut through some trial an error too. Healing the gut is so important for overall health. Nothing worse than throwing it off! Hope you feel better soon! LG

Happy new year sue..
It should work the same way with Everclear Oldbear. They're both alcohol.

Well done Plant Power. :high-five: Another option to draw on. Sounds like that worked better than you thought it would. :laughtwo: I might have panicked when it went milky. Lol!

I have a cup warmer that hears to around 120-140 degrees F that might work to evaporate off.

How did you make the tincture?

Sweet....alcohol evaporate above 163 F. Water at 212. So all of the wtf and why s, are with 80/20, 90/10 95/05 96/04 concentration . Coupled with electron transport ..sue mixing a pinch of salt to a sugar solution..why? .. electron transport..a ha.. explains it all..s T. ..stay tuned

Ok with Herculean efforts" obtaining concentration above 80 % is tedious . Keeping a concentration .. concentrated is just as hard.
Example, everclear 95% ethanol product sold in us. Pour some into bowl.. in about 15-45 seconds it's not 95% alcohol. Each alcohol molecule readily grabs oxygen. It will absorb and oxygen attached to hydrogen,,we know as water...sue I had to go back re read o chem periodic chart computations and then ..more.
So to avaporate water , and alcohol from a CCO extraction process. You must then use the other transport force.. heat. Heat changes the state and activity rate of molecules.200 f for 1,000,000,000 hours or seconds won't char a steak right. 1,000,000,000 hours or seconds at 275 won't roast a pepper bake potato eggplant .. it will just heat to dedication. However if you get to a material temperature of 240 - 290 , the char range, also is precisely the de carb range. Further to achieve a material temperature of 240-290 f , then heat from a HIGHER TEMPERATURE SOURCE IS ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED.
So alcohol and water exposed to air gain more water. Heated above 200 will drive of the alcohol first the bits of water , they stay till oil gets above 212..bring your oil to 230 240 as that is the finish temperature. .note this is dual use smokable consumable CCO at this process. It's qwet oil.needs better precise name.

Sweetest sue....read between the lines here,,, you wondered why isn't coconut oil 100%, why is butter 62%...etc....
Got it! Electron transport.sue the trichomes on the leaf interest us. Greatly.
Soaked in 'lipids' the 'highly concentrated areas of trichomes begin to move to lower concentration of lipids once emersed into the lipid. Ie extraction.
Ok ..ho fast? How complete. Well at room temperature in infinity time you get to exactly half . Equally distributed trichomes floating in oil. Half in th oil half tuck near the leaf. Atomically bar the leaf. If you immersed the leaf with trichomes into lipid Nd aquaoeus solution . The balance point changes. Since some molecules within the leaf are attracted to,the water, then the balance point will allow more trichomes in the lipid. So when extracting trichomes into lipids , adding water improves the extraction efficiency or electron transport balance point. Want more? Want if faster than 1,000, 000, 000 seconds or hours. ? Add heat source. The flow of,heat will increase the temperature. Increasing temperature adds energy to the mixture. This changes the balance point. Temporarily in our favor. That being we want the trichomes. The trichomes characterized by THCA. Is a ..lol carboyl an acid...looking thing. The lightest weakest o acids..as far as etching metal,goes..
Sweetest sue. ThcA is used by human directly too. It's anamimo acid. Just like lycopine found in the tomato , these 'unique' amino acids are only found on one gene of plant. The red in tomatoes ain't no,where else.
Ok the T in THC it ain't like any amino acid, no,where else.
So,what. Right...
Sue we reseverse. Amino acid, for a group of molecules required for human metabolic function. Since amino acid and is metabolites cannot be stored within the human body it's needs to be consumed regularly. .. hmm..so I need vitamin c every day..check.
Citrus is how I do,that.. and on it goes.

Sweet sue., "old bear kept says ... he handles MJ like every other living food source. Therefore he processes it just like food. Ie real 1800 to 19XX , grand ma home cooking. Grand ma knew more about food handling, storing, preserving than .. most cooks today.

I have since applied this research to ..cooking. To see how it works thcA aside..
Alcohol for,food doesn't require 90+% to see inaction. With food. With weed you need 100 you can't get it.. lol
Ok brandy , 40,% alcohol . At 40 % alcohol the solution is below the point of stripping the lining from your stomach. Above 40% alcohol ethanol is ..well I'm not drinking above 40% ever. When mixed with fruit.blue black straw rasp ...berry .. dissolving the fruit begins instantly. 100 time faster than sugaring them. I tired I two dishes sugar and hooch and just hooch.. sugar and hooch goes 10 times faster than just hooch. Hooch 10 times faster than just sugar. So to me sugar activates ' ethanol. Or ethanol is like high energy liquid sugar. Ok fine fruit mixture soaking in sugar and hooch. Fantastic we're in Rome.. again. Grecian Times. Lol.
Turns out google 'Macedonia fruit salad.' Monks passed this down in Kosovo. ...so 1000 years ago it was know that sugar Nd alcohol provide something extra to fruit.
90/10 concentration to start right. Alcohol in one corner. Fruit the other. Sugar is catalyst .. they go,at it.. alcohol weakens. Fruit cells get ripped open, inside the the cell,the dna spills out. Between the cells the juice flows out too. Want more? Ad sugar add alcohol.. but it's never as good as first processs. Why concentration changed.

What to,do? ..heat it.. ok. At the end all the good in the berry flows through the aclhol into the sugar and you have taken several,pints of berry down to a jar of... berry jam... sue the berry jam is the oil we seek from cannabis the methods used to make that kind of jam is akin to the sum total,of all our process. We are concentrating by cooking living matter. I stop before distillation . I stop before electrophoresis. Sue you can enrich trichomes above naturally curing plant levels. Akin to wine from grapes. CCO from buds.. akin to xxxtriple distilled you can concentrate using higher temperatures and the higher pressure that must go,with it.
I say 'to what extent does a human need to mess with naturally occurring concentrations ? So you get sloppy drunk on 10 % wine. You really need to pound 40 % martinis? I have.. I'm not likely to again.. I'd sip em..lol
I prefer red wine .
15 % thc is fine by me. Real fine.

Plant power ...
I'm hoping isopropyl alcohol is cleaner in your land than in USA . I think it's the same. Not food quality. But it will remove trichomes from the leaf.

PP your mason jar, conatianer, with chopstick engine for filter is fabulous. Take a picture.plz post it . Eyes have it all.
Pp the ethanol route for extraction I find is easiest consumed in a single use form . Tincture on demand. Wtf?
Ok start with dried flower.use coldest qwet method you like.
Note. Other cold filter is post extraction let mixture sit in container ultra low temp. It will settle out and freeze to vessel walls. Only alcohol flows.pour our cold and be gentle.
Ok so you have a jar of "green gragon" 95 alcohol with 1000 mg of T.
It's all in there as is.
Take eye dropper an take " 10-50MG of thc into dropper. So if 25 mg/1ml take one ml into dropper from dragon cave,
You need to 'decant' or let the fluid breath ,pour, and dilute, into another glass, with an awaiting liquid.
Ok shot glass.
Decant your 1-2-3 ml drop into 10-30-60 ml of:
Warmed coffee/tea w/ drop of milk cream. Hot lipid ..
Ok,when you put your dragon onto a shot glass above, the materials combine..yep electron transport. The medicine is emulsified into the liquid.
One shot. It's not overtly alcoholic. In fact in short time alcohol will,be driven off for liquid above 170. Use freshly brewed coffe.
Or warm milk
Or a shot of Kailua or Kailua and milk then decant.
Not sure but jic hot tea with lemon should decant the dragon ...but I have not done so..

Marco Polo....chopsticks filter...FI CHI ...chop,stick in Chinese phoenetic..

Haha, yes! The more I stirred the cloudier it got and I did start to wonder if it'd ever go back. I know oils only like to mix with other oils unless there's an emulsifier in the mix so I had (some) faith it'd be ok eventually..... I looked again this morning and it's unchanged from last night, not split or separated and still a lovely gold/green colour.

The tincture is made in my little freezer filter but it could be easily replicated at home. I use an ice filter I've made but it could be easily recreated at home with what I used as my prototypes......
A mason jar with the 2 part lid and a coffee filter is all you need. Remove the disc from the lid, place it on the coffee filter and draw around it, cut it out and save for later. You'll also need to find a small glass or ceramic bowl that can go into the freezer ready to catch the tincture when you upend the mason jar. A couple of cut up chop sticks were perfect to left the lid away from the bowl but you could use anything really.

2g ground and decarbed bud in a mason screw top jar, lid on. 1hr
Iso alc in the freezer (-18) 1 hr
Quickly pour the required amount of iso into the jar, lid on, gentle shake then back into the freezer for 5 mins.
Remove the lid, and replace the metal disc with the coffee filter disc and carefully screw it back on.
Quickly and carefully turn over the jar and set it into the bowl, sat on the chop sticks and put it back into the freezer. Close the freezer draw and leave it to filter.
The iso will run out through the filter and into a glass bowl, all while staying ice cold.
Leave for 20-30 mins and all the iso should have collected in the bowl.
Remove from the freezer and press the buds to remove the last of the liquid if you want. I choose not to do this as I prefer no 'green' in the oil.
Thats the tincture ready to use or evaporate off to make oil.

A cup warmer would be ideal for a low/medium temp evaporation, as long as it doesnt get too hot then the majority off terps will remain trapped in the evoo. I have a slow cooker that has a keep warm setting which is around 50-60 degrees C which would also work well for a larger batch.

I had a look online and the everclear you guys can buy in the USA is 95% abv so 5% is water, this should be totally fine for the process mentioned above. If you freeze Everclear for an hour or so ice crystals of water will form and should sink to the bottom so if the Everclear was poured slowly and carefully at -18 degree then you should be able to leave the ice at the bottom of the bottle and you'll effectively be using something close to 100% alcohol which is ideal.

P.S Use rubber gloves for any of the process that involves handling the frozen jar, alc, bowl etc. It's very easy to get stuck!!!

But we must know more about this..jar.
Does have Bluetooth ?
Haha! I just bought a new electric toothbrush... it has Bluetooth....for the life of me, I can't imagine why! :rofl:I'm fairly certain since I still have all of my teeth and few cavities, that I have been doing it right all of these years!

Haha! I just bought a new electric toothbrush... it has Bluetooth....for the life of me, I can't imagine why! :rofl:I'm fairly certain since I still have all of my teeth and few cavities, that I have been doing it right all of these years!

Have to thank you for this, LadyGaea; I wondered whether you were joking and googled it - I had NO idea that you could get a Toothbrush linked by (LOL!) Bluetooth to your mobile phone... So now Big Data knows whether you are brushing your teeth properly! INcluding (to judge by my phone photos) when, where (geographical co-ords) and at what altitude! Wonder if it allows 5' floor to jaw height?

Have to thank you for this, LadyGaea; I wondered whether you were joking and googled it - I had NO idea that you could get a Toothbrush linked by (LOL!) Bluetooth to your mobile phone... So now Big Data knows whether you are brushing your teeth properly! INcluding (to judge by my phone photos) when, where (geographical co-ords) and at what altitude! Wonder if it allows 5' floor to jaw height?
Thanks for the belly laugh Nixie! Right?!! The Tooth Fairy's gone all high tech!:rofl:

I'd like to ask a question that came up on Grow2HealMe's Strains 4 Brains journal. G2 is under the impression that the brain healing power of cannabis cannot be activated using suppositories, positing, "I thought suppositories were non-psycho active which suggests the cannabinoids don’t get accessed by the brain at all." Amy Gardner agreed, saying, "...the body absorbs most of the cannabinoids before it hit the brains."

I was under the impression that the advantage to suppositories was bypassing the liver (and preventing the conversion to delta-11-THC, short-circuiting the euphoria). Does that also mean that the beneficial cannabinoids are not making it to heal the brain when using suppositories?

And there seems to be disagreement in the community as to whether any THC in oil oil can be absorbed through the lower large intestine, and one person's experiment confirmed this with blood tests:
The Cannabis Oil Suppository Debate: Personal Testing & Results – Cannabis Extraction by IchiBanCrafter

Color me confused now.

I'd like to ask a question that came up on Grow2HealMe's Strains 4 Brains journal. G2 is under the impression that the brain healing power of cannabis cannot be activated using suppositories, positing, "I thought suppositories were non-psycho active which suggests the cannabinoids don't get accessed by the brain at all." Amy Gardner agreed, saying, "...the body absorbs most of the cannabinoids before it hit the brains."

I was under the impression that the advantage to suppositories was bypassing the liver (and preventing the conversion to delta-11-THC, short-circuiting the euphoria). Does that also mean that the beneficial cannabinoids are not making it to heal the brain when using suppositories?

Hey ITS, you've got the quoted statements attributed back to front: It was me who speculated that I thought suppositories were non psycho active and maybe that meant the cannabinoids didn't get to the brain - I really don't have expertise there, was just ruminating on your question based on some things I've read here n there (maybe I shouldn't do that). The response from G2 was about the absorbing thing. (This was all in response to your asking G why no suppositories for brain meds)

It's good to post it here - especially for clarity about that delta 11 question you have...(except I thought there was delta-9, and 11-hydroxy, THC. Is there delta-11 too?)

BUt even the way you describe the bypassing of the liver would explain why G says not to use suppositories for brain meds, not because it would be harmful but because it would be of little use, I guess.

Hopefully SuperSue or someone else can set us both straight!

I cannot say with any certainty but will throw a guess out there, I've read that suppositories are the best way to get medicinal benefits from cannibis and suspect the healing of the ECS will affect the entire body, including the brain. I know sue or someone else will come by and shed more light on this but wanted to drop in and say hi!

It’s good to post it here - especially for clarity about that delta 11 question you have...(except I thought there was delta-9, and 11-hydroxy, THC. Is there delta-11 too?). Hopefully SuperSue or someone else can set us both straight!

I realized that I messed up the order of the quotes and I may have completely screwed up the chemistry of it, but I do hope one of our resident experts can jump in with the answer to whether suppositories are helpful for brain healing!

I know sue or someone else will come by and shed more light on this but wanted to drop in and say hi!

Har, "shed" more light! I crack myself up :)

I do hope one of our resident experts can jump in with the answer to whether suppositories are helpful for brain healing!
I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that G2HM is fast becoming a resident expert on such things herself in the area of neuro cannabis - her research seems pretty deep. I’m quite prepared to believe her that suppositories are not helpful for what she’s trying to treat. I’m interested to know why that is though - and i’m Sure G would be as well!

I read that page you linked to above as well and it was quite interesting but a little problematic (I’m always a little sceptical when im on a product website like that, dunno why) in places. I have to say that while reading the comments exchanges at the bottom I was lamenting that they could all benefit from reading over here! It also made me remember something my doctor said to me once about blood tests: they’re “kind of like photographing a moving river. There could be something just leaving the frame or just about to enter that doesn’t get picked up”. So the fact that this guy only tested once might be a contributing factor to the confusion around the test being negative when the effects were definitely present. There was also an interesting comment about whether the blood is even the right place to be looking in that circumstance. That really interests me - cause if you can dose with suppositories and have many of the effects and benefits (ok so maybe not the neuro effects, but clearly others) without it showing up in your blood, well, that’d be fairly awesome - esp. for those with pain to treat and “drug” tests to avoid!

I haven’t popped into this room for a while, I find that I cant cruise the other threads the way I used to since I started having a journal, especially since all the holiday time activity knocked me around (only have a certain, fairly small, energy quota to work with). Hopefully I’ll get back to catch-up here now that things are settling down a bit...

:circle-of-love:

Har, "shed" more light! I crack myself up :)

:laughtwo: ... that cracked me up as well!

Back
Top Bottom