Taking My Chances With The Devil: Dark Devil Auto & Devil's Crack Auto

The Sour Angel just kept getting wider and wider. I was finding it difficult to reach up under her canopy to water/feed her. From the back of the tent to the front of the plant she was nearly 45 inches. Everything you see on the left side of the tent is one plant.
How many times did you top these gals? Or just training? Sour Angel is a beast.

So. The way things are looking in the tent as far as plant maturity goes, I need to plant more seeds before my new fan arrives. They won't really need it until they are about a week old I s'pose.

So, tonight I will pick out some seeds and get that part settled. Tomorrow I will make up a few hempys and skuff/soak the chosen beans. Solder will be here Monday so I can get my epistar panel running again and that should be fine until the big fan gets here.

Tomorrow I harvest the budsicle DP x TTB. I will also begin flushing SSDC tomorrow to be chopped next Sunday at roughly 85 days old. The two DP x TTB purples and the purple pheno of Afghani Purps look to be trying to finish really close together.

That green pheno DP x TTB is much more patient than I but the way the buds are stacking gives me hope that she will be worth the wait. Same with Punto Rojo x Unknown, I know every pheno of that has been fantastically potent.

Because of an urgent need for extra meds in the home I am looking at both of my NL's and my NL crosses for short flowering times and yield. Maybe a comparative grow between Sensi NL, Sensi NL x Nirvana NL IBL, and Nirvana NL IBL is in order... would certainly be fun.

Alright. Time to eff around on my game. Peace

How many times did you top these gals? Or just training? Sour Angel is a beast.
No topping necessary actually. I grew them from clones and all I did was bend branches down and out. The Sour Angel stretched upward and outward more then the Chemdawg that's for sure. But the Chemdawg has much larger colas and at this point much more dense colas as well.

Was sitting here pondering the next ramble when I realized I had pics to upload.

The majority of gals are nearing maturity rapidly. Big harvest coming in 2 weeks is my prediction. Started flushing SSDC today. She's pretty skinny, but I imagine whatever I get will be tasty.

Even with the introduction of THC and CBD capsules my wife still manages to smoke a gram of oil every 5-6 days. We've been buying PHO from the store for $15/gram so if I could safely make just 6 grams of oil per month, we would save a lot of money. So I either have to start blowing oil in the backyard (cheapest) or pressing rosin (most expensive). She doesn't love dry sift or water hash the way I do, so dabbable oil is the only real option. Can't afford a sluggish, but I do have a spare hair straightener :rolleyes:

Can't afford a sluggish, but I do have a spare hair straightener :rolleyes:

The initial purchase of a Slug 33 rosin press would cost you the same thing as 4 store bought grams of PHO. To me that's a no brainer. It will pay for itself in 3 weeks if I did my math correctly. That is of course assuming you have a vice and mini torch.

The Gelat.OG is starting to really glitter. This poor plant has gotten no special attention at all. She's stuck back in the corner of the tent behind two bigger girls. Another couple of weeks I'm thinking looking at her.
It's nice to see the excess trichomes blanketing her fan leaves. Looks smelly.

Did some work straightening up the storage room. I had to find all of the grow gear that was stashed away so I can get this closet running.

Received a double order of solder today, not sure what that is about. Can't hardly complain. I will solder up the fan for the epistar panel tonight. If I have time, patience, and a steady hand i will affix some Vero18s to my heatsink material as well.

Going to see if I can convert my other fans to run on USB so I can dedicate all of the driver voltage to light. If I can run 2 fans seperate I will be able to run 6 cobs on my reflector. Potential game changer.

I did a bit of rearranging today. Looks much more organized now. Somehow I managed not to take any pics. I will get to that tomorrow. Fan comes sometime between this Thursday and next Tuesday times they are a changin'.

Time for a few puffs and start soldering.

I haven't worked out the mounting of the heatsinks to the reflector. I could possibly use my thermal adhesive. Stuff cures rock solid. I don't own a handheld drill but I do have a drill press. I can't move anything around until everything is cured.

This will replace the 44w cobs in the tent. Those cobs will be moved to the closet to run alongside the custom budget epistar panel.

I'm going to veg and clone photos under the panel and eventually run autos under the 44w (2 chips) fixture.

This is the first of the auto crosses I made this past winter. This one is Quarter Pounder auto X Gorilla Glue auto. Growing in a 2 liter bottle to keep it small. The grow is just to see the quality of the finished product, how long it takes to finish etc. Been flowering now for a bit less then 2 weeks. I'm growing it in my homemade auto/clone box I built last year.

This is the first of the auto crosses I made this past winter. This one is Quarter Pounder auto X Gorilla Glue auto. Growing in a 2 liter bottle to keep it small. The grow is just to see the quality of the finished product, how long it takes to finish etc. Been flowering now for a bit less then 2 weeks. I'm growing it in my homemade auto/clone box I built last year.

Her growth looks pretty wild. I like it.

Haven't looked in on the ladies yet, but I can only assume that the massive chop is nearing. I am still only flushing SSDC currently. Going to try and let the gals retract a few more pistils before I start finishing them. The closet will be turned on as soon as I dig out a surge protector and I have seeds put down.

Very excited to see all of this coming together. Doing a bit of math... in the last year I have spent way more $ than I ever wanted or planned to, possibly even more than I should have. QBs were 200, fan and filter were 75, about 50 has been spent on building materials, with 80 worth of Vero18s, the new fan 35, the other chips I have purchased are easily another 35, lol less than 25 on nutrients not counting vinegar because I use it for everything around the house.... yup, $500.

Now that 500 has thus far provided me with a good amount of smoke, experience and 400+ seeds of my own making. I'd say it has been successful. With these upgrades I am hoping to start doing at least 2 BIG seed runs/year and net about 2lbs/year. I don't think it's too much to shoot for.

I will have pics up after the heathens go down for their naps. And tonight I will have a buncha beans soaking, so a whole new lineup is on the way.

Rockwool mostly. Cool temps at night (67°) still. Once it's 80° at night again I imagine my germination and overall seedling survival rate will go up. I'm going to put them (Harlequin) in the closet since they are far from flowering anyway. That should be a bit warmer. Alot of seedlings suffered slow starts over the winter. The healthy little stout seedling actually had its taproot snap off, lol. Just been a bad season I guess..

I did get the light plugged in and will check on temps in a couple of hours. If satisfied, the Harlequin go in there until I see fit to flower them. Should be fine. Thank goodness these plants are resilient. Once the rockwool is gone I will never buy it again. Until then I just have to go with the flow.

Nothing ever quite goes as planned, but I am really going to try to get this right. The hempys that will immediately refill the tent will be 2x Sensi NLs in coffee cans and 2x Sensi NL x Nirvana NL IBL in a 1gal ice cream bucket and another coffee can hempy contraption. These size containers have the potential to yield 2+oz per plant I imagine, maybe more. Previously the Sensi x Nirvana gave me an ounce and a half in a container half the size and with less complete nutrients. I could sure use 8oz of Northern Lights.

I will be planting veg plants every 4 weeks starting 4 weeks after Harlequin leaves the closet. Just have to give one sativa at a time a shot at life in the back left corner of the tent every now and then. No seedmaking until the Harlequin

I will also be planting 9x Devil's Pitchfork F2s in the closet to go under the mars300 until I get the big fixture finished. Anything that doesnt start showing female under 24/0 light by week 4 gets tossed and the cycle repeats until I have made regular autoflower seeds. I know the Devils Pitchfork is a bit redundant, but I have never grown any of this particular generation and since it is my cross I am inclined to give her hell.

I will hang the mars300 tomorrow after I skuff and soak the 9 DP F2s and the 4 Northern Lights gals. Seeds will soak on the top shelf of the closet for 36hrs where the temp should be perfect for germination.

Thinking about going with Mega-Crop as a stand alone nutrient. I'm leery of the low P number. It seems to work very well with Maxibloom in flower. Maxibloom is full of good stuff as well.

Back
Top Bottom