Taking My Chances With The Devil: Dark Devil Auto & Devil's Crack Auto

Bearings are going out on my extraction/filter fan. Just bought an ipower fan and filter online. Figured it would be best to just replace both. Filter still has some life left in it so i will clean everything up and store it for emergency backup in the loud but still works category...

My Red Point is stretching, I will have to supercrop the two mains. I feel like she will put up a good fight. I have also reduced lights to 11/13 to hasten her flowering. It worked last time...

Several hours later update, I'm going to put a small fan in the tent because the bearing squeal is enough to disturb our sleep. Shut down the squeaker for the night, fingers crossed for no problems over the next 7 hours until i can crank her back on...

I am very happy as well.

Plucked a few darker seeds off of DDA#1 to check for ripeness. I would say about 25% of them are ripe. Pluck a few more next week, but the 19th is looking good for harvest.

Hoping this Zen hydro place gets my order sent out fast (never ordered from them but had them bookmarked as an ipower distributer cheaper than the 'zon). Tried to use air duster on my fan in an unsuccessful attempt to clean it and quiet it down...

I have been having to turn my extraction fan off at lights out for 2 nights in a row now... ugh. My fan was shipped yesterday and arrives on Friday, so I can say I am satisfied with the purchase, so far. As far as the product itself, it is IPower so it will do the job since I am on a budget. I purchased the last fan/filter 3 years ago. Brand was homecom or something. I think my stuff would last longer if I didn't live in forest fire central...

As of lights out Sensi NL x GG#4 was fully above ground and her helmet was removed!!!

Sensi NL x Nirvana NL IBL is still working her way out. Interesting, she does have a stout looking stem.

Red Point x Unknown was supercropped today, both mains.

DDA#2 is just showing me purple deep in the flower.

SSDC's buds are growing, she sure didn't stretch very much.

And DDA#1 ... She is getting near the end of her life it seems. Some leaves that are green are getting crispy and other signs as well. I will start flushing today and continue until she consumes herself. I'd like to make it a full 14 days, which is only a couple days earlier than the 19th.

DDA #1 looks just fine. Let it go till the 19th. You'll trim off the green leaves anyway. Do be sure to pluck off the dying leaves on the buds so they don't turn sour inside the buds. Do you flush with PH balanced water? I do but wondered if everyone did as well.

You're going to love the NL plants. Just so easy to grow start to finish.

Do you flush with PH balanced water?
I usually ph my water to about 6.0 so she can finish anything that might be leftover. I don't know if it really matters. I guess either way it is about achieving a level of senescence. Starving is starving, lol.

You're going to love the NL plants. Just so easy to grow start to finish.
I am very excited.

Tracking update says my fan and filter are due to arrive today, a day early... the old fan is probably going to the trash. It has gotten so loud now that I only turn it on when the smell gets overwhelming. A sad story for sure. I did get a box fan to keep the air circulating in the room, opening the tent during the day to keep things fresh..

My 2x4x5' tent is in my bathroom. I put one of those blackout shades on the one small window in that room. I keep the front tent door open all the time. Makes it so much easier to regulate the heat. I just had to get used to going from the bed to the toilet, finding the bathroom door in the dark, and hitting my mark when peeing. Oh the sacrifices we make for the sake of a plant.

My 2x4x5' tent is in my bathroom. I put one of those blackout shades on the one small window in that room. I keep the front tent door open all the time. Makes it so much easier to regulate the heat. I just had to get used to going from the bed to the toilet, finding the bathroom door in the dark, and hitting my mark when peeing. Oh the sacrifices we make for the sake of a plant.
If I didn't live in an apartment I wouldn't care about odor whatsoever. I used to (before the 2nd kid was born) use an entire bedroom for nothing but growing. I duct taped two layers of construction garbage bags over the window, light proof flaps around the door. Had to run an extension cord under the door and across the hallway to lighten the electrical load on that breaker. I tripped over that cord on my way to the bathroom every single day for about 4 months...

Thinking about those times, makes me kind of happy that I only have a small setup now. Back then my electric bill hit $130+ now we average $70, but our September bill was just $56.

Still waiting on FedEx...

We have a natural gas boiler for heat. Horribly inefficient. I bet I could heat my house with cfls cheaper. Or an old mars300 in each room. Lol

FedEx delivered my fan and filter to the managers office... almost had a heart attack when the maintenance man delivered it to my door. Shipping was stealth, not that I bothered to ask beforehand. So, I call this a win

I'm sitting here about an hour ago and thought to myself it feels like it's getting warm in here. Sure enough the brand new (May 2018) has quit working so no A/C and it's upper 70s outside. Not sure if shutting the lights down an hour early would hurt anything or not. But it's up to 86 degrees in the tent already.

Set up a decent (it works) external vibration reducing fan box. I forgot how quiet a new fan is. iPower is solid for the price. Checked the room after about 30 minutes running and all I smell is sterility. Perfect.
Not sure if shutting the lights down an hour early would hurt anything or not. But it's up to 86 degrees in the tent already.
With my QBs I just dim them down. Plants have cloudy days all of the time. When I ran multiple fixtures I just rotated which lights were on at different intervals. I did used to run 1000w hps at 50% but that didn't really help. First grow light I ever bought, first one I ever gave away. Not sure any of that helps. Just my experience with high temps

DDA#1 got bud mold. Tossed out alot of bud. Lots of mature seeds at least. Must have been the 3 days of questionable fan time... here are pics. I only chopped the main cola(infected) and the super dense branch tips (which were at risk due to their density). Do I just finish the job? Or let the rest of her mature? Leaning towards letting what is left of her go to the finish line.. here are some pics taken as the tragedy unfolded.

I didn't keep any seeds from the infected buds, the seeds shown fell out during trimming of the good stuff.... probably shouldn't????

Next I have to tell the wife, the hardest part......

You're at how many days now? If I am within 7 days of my anticipated harvest date and the crystals are at least 90% cloudy I would harvest her in a heartbeat. You might have some seeds that aren't fully matured yet, but you'll have a whole lot more then you'll ever grow that are fully matured if you pollinated 5 weeks ago right? Just pluck 5 seeds from random locations. Look for a darkish olivish color. Roll the seed between your thumb and forefinger with a decent amount of force. A good seed won't squash or crack. Not talking about clamp down like a vice.....lol....but a good amount of pressure. You'll see what I mean and the more seeds you make you'll get more confident. I always suggest one of those screen drying racks used for buy drying. Spread out the seeds on something like that and let them completely dry out (I let them go 2 weeks usually which might be overkill) before putting them into a baggie or wherever you're going to store them.

Yeah, i didn't get out the magnifier, but honestly the buds have looked ripe for a while. The only reason I was waiting for the 14 week mark was because of the seeds. I would say half of what I quality checked are perfectly mature seeds. I have some drying in a container with some rice, some are just on a shelf on cardboard. I put one in water just to see if it germinates. Overall I consider this a success.

Never dealt with bud rot before, try not to deal with it again either. Buds were soooooo dense and those days without the fan just made everything perfect for it to take hold

I see bud rot on the one or two plants I grow outside in the summer. Once it starts it's hard (for me anyway) to stop it. I use rice with small quantities of seeds that have been dried. I used to use it during the drying stage and on two separate occasions the rice got moldy. But fortunately both times I saw it when it first started. Now I won't put un-dried seeds in any container. I keep them out breathing for 2 weeks till dried well.

It's not sealed. My test seeds from last week are though. I still open them once or twice a day. Probably 10-20 grains of rice per seed. The containers are on my tray that I use multiple times every day, so I am always peaking at them

Back
Top Bottom