Tangerine Dream - Chocolope - Original WW IBL - Mineralized Soil Grow

Thanks, b.real. I just watered some of the plants in again with 1 Tbsp. molasses and 9 ml. Hygrozyme to balance them out (so they'll all be ready for a watering at the same time). I'm seeing that I need to hit them with some P now, so I'm going to do a compost tea soon. Since I am worried about excessive N, I'll go:

1/2 cup worm compost
1/4 cup Roots Organic soil
1 Tbsp. 0-7-0- Super Swell bat guano

Put it in a stocking, toss it in 4 gallons of RO water, and add 1 Tbsp. of molasses. I'll bubble it for 12 hours the night before I know they're going to need it. Post more pics soon.....

:peace:
A Table spoon of kelp meal will boost your tea and some K

Hey alex801 what's up? Good to hear from you. Here's the latest pic of a clone from that Old Timers Haze plant I'm growing now:

013645.JPG

It's 8 weeks and 2 days into flower, so I expect to see the first hairs pretty soon..... :(

The second of the original plants made it the full 24 weeks, but the buds were airy. I smoked it up in a 4.20 oz. doob last April 20th along with some Satori (to get the weight up to 4.20 oz.; it weighed out @ 3.6 oz. itself). Here's the pics of that:

016366.JPG
0011266.JPG
0041117.JPG
0031204.JPG

Hee hee hee..... :tokin:
lol thats cool as hell the biggest i rolled was 3 oz. + ish we used a brown paper bag and a few drops of honey as the wrap. we smoked it for like an hour or more who knows. the roach rolled 7 jays the next day.

The whole day :) I started in the morning and put it in the ashtray that night. Most of the laughing fits I fell into were probably because of oxygen deprivation; I couldn't read big letters on a cardboard box about 10-12 feet away the smoke was so bad. I think it may have been 5 runs at it (I didn't smoke it straight 'til it was gone) and my throat hurt for days. A memory to last a lifetime, though.

Thanks, TheBlaze. I'm getting the best of both worlds too :) If I slightly rub the stem below where the buds are forming on the right Chocolope I get a melon smell, and the one on the left gives more of the earthy Chocolate Thai aroma.

I am seeing no signs of nutrient deficiency, so I've decided to keep at the molasses/Hygrozyme feedings until I do. This should keep the slight N toxicity problem under control. Only the Chocolope on the right and the Tangerine Dream needed watering, so I did them both lightly. I'll probably be giving the WW IBL the last 1/3 of the gallon I mixed this morning. More pics soon; this grow unit is starting to smell like pothead heaven..... :thumb:

Hi-Brix refractometer test - flowering: Week 2, day 4

Tangerine Dream - 10/32 (4 folds and squeezes of an inside leaf). I knew from the looks of the plant that it needs food.
Left (slightly waterlogged) Chocolope - 15/32 (had to fold and squeeze this leaf too many times and thought the higher # may be due to this)
Right Chocolope - 14/32 (4 folds and squeezes of an inside leaf).

That's pretty decent, so excuse me while I do my lil' dance.....

Polka dot
, polka dot, polka dot, AFRO!!!!!

Hi-Brix refractometer test - flowering: Week 2, day 4

Tangerine Dream - 10/32 (4 folds and squeezes of an inside leaf). I knew from the looks of the plant that it needs food.
Left (slightly waterlogged) Chocolope - 15/32 (had to fold and squeeze this leaf too many times and thought the higher # may be due to this)
Right Chocolope - 14/32 (4 folds and squeezes of an inside leaf).

That's pretty decent, so excuse me while I do my lil' dance.....

Polka dot
, polka dot, polka dot, AFRO!!!!!

Nice numbers!

When you say "4 folds and squeezes" ... are you only getting juice the 4th time? ... just softening it up the other 3 times?

Waterlogged should read lower than normal and dry leaves should read higher.

In any case, the Chocolopes are apparently happy!

:thumb:

Nice numbers!

When you say "4 folds and squeezes" ... are you only getting juice the 4th time? ... just softening it up the other 3 times?

Waterlogged should read lower than normal and dry leaves should read higher.

In any case, the Chocolopes are apparently happy!

Exactly. The first is a fold and squeeze to get it wet, and the next few are repeating that until a large drop forms on the lens (juice) when I touch the squeezed ball against it. The second and third squeeze usually isn't wet enough to get the juice.

Exactly. The first is a fold and squeeze to get it wet, and the next few are repeating that until a large drop forms on the lens (juice) when I touch the squeezed ball against it. The second and third squeeze usually isn't wet enough to get the juice.

Good. If you lose any juice before a reading, it'll read high. I do the same thing - touch it to the lens for a small drop. I can always get a 2nd and 3rd drop though, usually from a 3 inch, 5-blade leaf. I use a vicegrips and a couple coin-sized electrical box knockouts.

That tip in itself helps a lot, Graytail. I've been using my fingertips, and wondering why I couldn't get much from a leaf where the middle blade is as long as you mentioned. I want to do a test on the WW IBL next, so I'll get my pliers out and try to find a substitute for the electrical box knockouts (I'm assuming there is a reason you don't use coins, seeing as how they're readily available and electrical box knockouts require a trip to the garage or hardware). It looks good besides the excessive N, so it should read okay too.

The slugs are just smoother than coins, is all. I rummaged around in my hardware odds n ends and came up with the knockouts. I tried some thinner metal pieces first, but they'd distort from the pliers.

Yeah, heheh, fingers would be a bit of a struggle. :cheesygrinsmiley:

This WW IBL tested out @ 10/32 last night. I used 2 nickels but I need to get me some adjustable pliers; normal ones come down at an angle and don't push the coins flat against each other.
I decided to use Super Swell 0-7-0, Hygrozyme, and molasses for now instead of the compost tea. Too green from excessive N still; I don't want any more curl on the Chocolopes. These 3 plants got 1/2 gallon each. I'll give the WW IBL some tonight.
I am going to shift this 600 watt unit to 11/13 for Sativas (I read an article on the subject, and want to see if it makes a difference).

This WW IBL tested out @ 10/32 last night. I used 2 nickels but I need to get me some adjustable pliers; normal ones come down at an angle and don't push the coins flat against each other.
I decided to use Super Swell 0-7-0, Hygrozyme, and molasses for now instead of the compost tea. Too green from excessive N still; I don't want any more curl on the Chocolopes. These 3 plants got 1/2 gallon each. I'll give the WW IBL some tonight.
I am going to shift this 600 watt unit to 11/13 for Sativas (I read an article on the subject, and want to see if it makes a difference).

Excellent plan on the 11/13. I'd like to try long nights for sativas, but I don't have the isolated space for it. I've run them as long as 9/15 back in the day. They'd finish quicker and were better behaved.

Back
Top Bottom