Tangerine Dream - Violator Kush - Red Dragon & Super Lemon Haze

Re: Tangerine Dream,Violator Kush,Red Dragon & Super Lemon Haze

very nice man, just noticed my SLH clones are starting to root, so the mom can finally go in bloom. Can't wait to get some buddage from her

SLH is quite easy to grow. I'll check out your grow see how you're doing with it. It was a hit among friends.

Maaannn.....I am sooooo bummed that I murdered my red dragon seeds with a dumb ass heating pad after looking at these pics....

However, I did just put 1 tangerine dream, 1 kandy kush, and 7 vanilla kush clones in my flowering tent a week or so ago and I have a tray of pineapple chunk, Lucy (LS*) and la blanca clones to pick moms from if the OG plants that are in the tent come out good. I am really dying to see how the tangerine and vanilla kush comes out myself, I have monstrous mothers of all 3 of those strains so they better be good because I dont even know how I would get rid of them if I had to, I may need a chain saw to do it.

But it looks like you are a hell of a lot closer to harvest than I am, so please keep posting pics dude, and I hope you get those issues with your friend worked out.

And if he doesnt like what you have to say, dont worry about it too much, it looks like you were the one worth loosing out of the friendship, so if he bitches, he wasnt your friend he was just looking to use you as much as he could.

Heating pad? I never used it. If you are getting your seeds from a reputable bank, your seed should sprout straight from soil. Wet the soil in pot first, dig 1/2 inch, plant the pointy end down and cover it up with soil patch it up not too tight. Put some CFL over them and within 48-72hrs it will sprout. If the top layer dries then spray some water keep it moist should be good.

Are your grow new or you had them in previous grew them and doing it again? The only strain I'm continuing from my previous grow is the SLH. It was my first love so she'll remain throughout my grow trying to bring out the best of her. Going full organic now so we'll see how she taste after.

Thanks, I'm adding CO2 to the grow hopping the flower swollen up a bit. I'm going to start looking for a macro lens for my DSLR for the trichs shots for you guys. Do you add CO2 to your grow?

Fat moms should bare heavy nugs. Make sure you got the space for them, put them in and watch it shoots. With the micro-grow I'm doing, the moms will bare lots of clones for it 70-90, trying something new. However, I always love flowering fat moms, always good results.

Thanks for the thoughts. My friend will be ok, rules are rules, once he start growing he will understand.

NICE pick you have there :) Ill b watching closely :popcorn: I plan a vk and pineapple chunk this fall :) subscribed

Thanks. These are snaps shots. I'll have the official photo shoot of these models at the end of flowering before harvesting. I've never done that so it will be exciting.

MMMmmmm...Those baby's look dense! :cool:

Red Dragon is the most dense out of the rest. My VK has the smallest buds I've seen... probably not growing them again lol. Not sure what's up, may give it another run in the next grow before throwing it out of my grow list. I have limited space so this is more for connoisseur type.

HD...really great pics..glad to see the grow is going great...bummer about friend, hope it works since you have know him for long time..cant wait to see how the 20 oz. bottle grow goes...mabey something I try..not sure if I will be able to do a perpetual grow...so for now I will still stick with outdoor in spring and indoor after I take some clones for fall..should have enough meds for me and to share....sharing is fun...lol..........had to start moving girls outside...space is becoming a commodity..and the weather has turned bad again...have 12 in the kitchen waiting to be set free in the wild.

I seen you ask about getting some beans of granddaddy purp..I would also like some and cant seem to find them any where...same with purp erkle...if you do would love to find out..or any good grape or blue berry..my next grow this fall will be tangerine dream, gdp ( hopefully ), raspberry or strawberry cough, northern light blue and train wreck..as well as some clones from outside grow...ww., slh and chem vally kush..

cant wait to see the end photos...all is looking very pro.....nice girls, clean well organized operation...photos and great journal...wish I could figure out how to give +reps..dont think I have enough time in to do that...

Update:

The TD outgrown the 1gal airpot so I had to transplant it today. Yesterday, it started to withered so I added water, then once again today so I decided to transplant it. The side walls dried up 1 inch in, leaving not much moisture in the core so by transplanting into 3gal will provide more moisture for the core. I tried breaking some off to allow fresh roots expose to fresh soil, unfortunately it is quite dense so I just transplant it as is.

Here are some pics of the process.

MG_9575.jpg

MG_9577.jpg

MG_9578.jpg

MG_9579.jpg

MG_9580.jpg

MG_9584.jpg

MG_9590.jpg

I also bend it a little so the top matches other's. Also trimmed up the bottom branches to allow more air flow and energy towards the tops. She still has till mid June and will start to explode by end of this week. That's the perfect spot for her, took up 1/4 of the space though...hope she worth every used inch!

Update:

I finished the clone bubbler today. I made 48 site, so far only using up a dozen still waiting for the mothers to bare more. 48 sites is over kill for 13in x 10in plastic ware. I want to crowd them to hold in more moisture. I also put a transparent plastic sheet over them to flatten the leaves for better light penetration and moisture control. Will see how this go, I did't clip too many off the mothers since this is a test run. For these I'm willing to make sacrifice. I also want to see if the Tangerine Dream (which is flowering) will take root. Got a few off the lower end for the test. It's mixed with non-flowered clones and flowering clones. Will see by the end of this week...

MG_9586.jpg

MG_9587.jpg

Then, I went ahead made some CO2 generators. Sugar + Dry yeast.
MG_9591.jpg

Not sure how much different it will be with these generators, they are small and does not produce a lot. Maybe once a week I'll treat the girls with some dry ice...CO2 buffet.

HD...really great pics..glad to see the grow is going great...bummer about friend, hope it works since you have know him for long time..cant wait to see how the 20 oz. bottle grow goes...mabey something I try..not sure if I will be able to do a perpetual grow...so for now I will still stick with outdoor in spring and indoor after I take some clones for fall..should have enough meds for me and to share....sharing is fun...lol..........had to start moving girls outside...space is becoming a commodity..and the weather has turned bad again...have 12 in the kitchen waiting to be set free in the wild.

I seen you ask about getting some beans of granddaddy purp..I would also like some and cant seem to find them any where...same with purp erkle...if you do would love to find out..or any good grape or blue berry..my next grow this fall will be tangerine dream, gdp ( hopefully ), raspberry or strawberry cough, northern light blue and train wreck..as well as some clones from outside grow...ww., slh and chem vally kush..

cant wait to see the end photos...all is looking very pro.....nice girls, clean well organized operation...photos and great journal...wish I could figure out how to give +reps..dont think I have enough time in to do that...

Working on the getting better at growing and photography at the same time. Kill two birds with one stoner. Can't wait for the 20oz grow too, it will take two cycles to fully switch to just 20oz-2L, the air pots will just be for mothers with explosive veg capability.

Do you grow in your back yard or out in the forest? If I grow outdoor I'm afraid of smoking a dead spider crushed between nugs which I may missed while trimming. You'll be growing a lot of the familiar strains with good reputations. Be sure to start a journal I'll definitely sub.

Some strains are unavailable for purchase, unfortunately the granddaddy purp is clone only. People need to spread them clones to increase it's survival. The strain existence is within the community. They have the power to end it or continue to share. I think some dispensary in CA might sell some. Have you look in to Royal Purple Kush? Seeds available. I'm adding that to my grow list.

That's why I always buy 2x seeds, one for the collection and one to grow. Just incase I get a farm later then hell break loose, raising an army. Thanks again for the compliments. I'm still an amateur.

Thanks for the advice hd, it took some time to stop abusing my plants but I think I've gotten the hang of it a little. I'm on my first flowering period but I have had the 10 plants I have in veg from jan 1 this year, they were planted Jan 1 as well as a second planting towards the end of jan that i got a few from but I was waiting on some money for lights, tent, odor control and all that so they had some time to get big, the tangerine dream was pushing 7 feet without a whole lot of trying and the other 2 I kept as moms were also getting too big. But only 1 of those would have fit in my 4x4 tent so the 5 smallest plants (which weren't that small as they were pushing 2 feet and had been topped/fimmed/lsted a little) in flower to clear out as much space as possible along with control clones from the 3 moms still in the veg room that I needed to make sure haven't hermied on me due to any of the stresses they've been through.

The thing with the heating pad was something I was trying to do because it was a little cool in the area to pop beans but not paying attention I left it plugged in all night without a thermostat on it so they were cooked like hard boiled eggs basically. A big waste on my part but turned out being a good thing because it would have come down to some kind infestation or culling females to prevent some kind of tragedy of some sort by having to many in the space I have.

Thanks for the advice hd, it took some time to stop abusing my plants but I think I've gotten the hang of it a little. I'm on my first flowering period but I have had the 10 plants I have in veg from jan 1 this year, they were planted Jan 1 as well as a second planting towards the end of jan that i got a few from but I was waiting on some money for lights, tent, odor control and all that so they had some time to get big, the tangerine dream was pushing 7 feet without a whole lot of trying and the other 2 I kept as moms were also getting too big. But only 1 of those would have fit in my 4x4 tent so the 5 smallest plants (which weren't that small as they were pushing 2 feet and had been topped/fimmed/lsted a little) in flower to clear out as much space as possible along with control clones from the 3 moms still in the veg room that I needed to make sure haven't hermied on me due to any of the stresses they've been through.

The thing with the heating pad was something I was trying to do because it was a little cool in the area to pop beans but not paying attention I left it plugged in all night without a thermostat on it so they were cooked like hard boiled eggs basically. A big waste on my part but turned out being a good thing because it would have come down to some kind infestation or culling females to prevent some kind of tragedy of some sort by having to many in the space I have.

Three of the seeds sprouted with the traditional planting directly into soil. They will sprout between 48-72hrs. 55ish hours later got 3 seeds sprouted; Cheese, Pineapple Chunk, Pineapple Express. I'm taking notes as I go along, in this race Cheese won 1st place in fastest start. In anyone's case it may be different, it is all due to environment differences. For this run that's what we got. Now, waiting for the other 4 to sprout.

MG_9597.jpg

MG_9598.jpg

MG_9599.jpg

These will become clone factories.

Update: 42 Days of 12/12.

Violator Kush
MG_9623.jpg

MG_9624.jpg

MG_9635.jpg

Super Lemon Haze
MG_9631.jpg

MG_9629.jpg

MG_9632.jpg

Red Dragon
MG_9637.jpg

MG_9639.jpg

MG_9640.jpg

VK has small buds formation, not much hairs trichs are forming, smells wonderful.
SLH still in early stage of flowering, buds yet to tighten, trichs forming fast.
RD swollen up fastest, tight buds, the lower bud sites are starting to get fat and they are consistent in size on the lower level as well. She will be taking up the baseball bat form when it's done. Not much development in the trichs department, yet.

Right now I'm expanding the grow space in the room beyond the closet. This current grow took up the entire small closet for flowering and some space outside for veg. There are still more space in the room for additional flowering area, so that I can have a true perpetual grow.

Looking in to getting some tents to make this possible.

1 month in veg - tent #1
1 month in flower - tent #2 or closet
1 month flower finish - closet or tent #2

While one area is about to finish, the other one is half way there. This will make it easy to manage & keeping busy. After the harvest I'll place in new batch of clones, which is already a month old in veg. To me, 1 month is good enough so they don't become monsters.

Organizing the room. Turning it into a laboratory, going to start taking data of each strains I grow vs their clones under the environment I have set up. I'm also going to introduce my mascot. He is an astronaut.

I find myself spending more time with this hobby. Already thinking about breeding, creating my own strains...but that's a few years in the future.

Will post updates w/ pics on the girls tonight.

More grow creep lol!

Perpetual is the way to go and I like your plans. It's a lot more interesting to always have some plants closing in on harvest, I hate starting from scratch and looking at 3-4 months of basically waiting around. Good luck!

Small update:

Got this idea of having my own mascot while on some good SLH. Best to represent is an astronaut. I want my own space suit but that's going to be later...short on budget so this little fella will represent me, heh. Getting ready to harvest in 3-4 weeks...

MG_9684.jpg

MG_9687.jpg

All the seeds sprouted within 72hrs of planting. Can't wait to see them grow. Will veg these for 1 month, get some clones before putting under 12/12 in my new tent (4x4x6.5f - which is on its way).

MG_9676.jpg

The Veg Zone is getting full, the mothers are ready for 12/12 once the tent gets here.
MG_9677.jpg

I'll be starting a new journal with the new grow next week. Just thought I do a preview of it here. :)

Schedule is pushed back a bit due to the bubbler cloner failed. Not sure why the clones did not take roots. Maybe I need to submerge the cuttings in water and let the bubble work its magic. Perhaps I need a drop of superthrive. Will have to revise it and try again. For now I use the soil method with humidity dome.

I'm starting to collect 2 litter racks that stores usually have them in the back or sides of the buildings. I got one today and they will be perfect for the 2 litter SOG grow. Also very excited for the tent, I'm getting way to serious on my operation, getting too deep in now no turning back.

Schedule is pushed back a bit due to the bubbler cloner failed. Not sure why the clones did not take roots. Maybe I need to submerge the cuttings in water and let the bubble work its magic. Perhaps I need a drop of superthrive. Will have to revise it and try again. For now I use the soil method with humidity dome.

I'm starting to collect 2 litter racks that stores usually have them in the back or sides of the buildings. I got one today and they will be perfect for the 2 litter SOG grow. Also very excited for the tent, I'm getting way to serious on my operation, getting too deep in now no turning back.

Morning HighDive! I know I replied to your astronaut post last night, don't know what happened to it, cool astronaut!

Did the cloner actually have a mechanical failure, or are the clones just not rooting? Does it just spray the roots or are they in the water? How long has it been?

I picked up some Clonex Clone Solution last week and I recommend it. Since I got it my clones have been showing roots 5-6 days earlier.

I hope you get it straightened out and are soon back on track!

Great tip on those racks! Dumpster diving at it's finest :woohoo:

I hear you about grow creep, seems like everything in my house is grow-related these days.

Take care bro!

Morning HighDive! I know I replied to your astronaut post last night, don't know what happened to it, cool astronaut!

Did the cloner actually have a mechanical failure, or are the clones just not rooting? Does it just spray the roots or are they in the water? How long has it been?

I picked up some Clonex Clone Solution last week and I recommend it. Since I got it my clones have been showing roots 5-6 days earlier.

I hope you get it straightened out and are soon back on track!

Great tip on those racks! Dumpster diving at it's finest :woohoo:

I hear you about grow creep, seems like everything in my house is grow-related these days.

Take care bro!

BlueDog,

Had the cuttings above the water for a week and nothing happens. In the water I had air stones bubbling. This time I'm going to dip the cuttings into the water, add some superthrive and see what happens. Have to wait for new growth from the mothers for more experiment. The ones were in the cloner is now in soil, doing it the old fashion way and don't want to move them back and forth. New cuttings will do. I'll take this as a sign not to go hydro anytime soon. heh.

Will look into Clonex Clone Solution on my day off at the local hydro shop. Thanks for the recommendation.

My tent arrived today along with some ONA mist, the girls are perfuming so it should help. Setting it up in the grow room and see how it all fits and get another one in few days.

Morning HD! Congrats on getting the tent and ona mist, looking forward to seeing it set up and in action :yahoo:

I think you made the right call on the clones. I'm finding out that trying to rush the cloning process just bites me in the ass. Step #1 is to let the mothers get good and established before you start, I was taking cuttings as soon as I could. #2 make sure the clones are really well rooted before you try to flower them or you'll be disappointed with their size.

I've spent a lot of time recently on my cloning process, here's what I'm trying based on the best info and results that I've seen.

Take cuttings that are around 5-6". I then scrape most of the 'skin' off the bottom 2" of the cutting, and try to put some cuts in the stem there too. Then I split the stem up the middle from the bottom for an inch or so. It's called scarification and is borderline mutilation.

I've got a cloning gel called vita gro, but the clonex would work too, dip the cutting in it for about 15 seconds as it suggests. Then set the cutting aside for 15-30 minutes to absorb the gel since most will get washed off in the cloner.

Honestly I think the clonex, vita-grow, superthrive and thrive-alive are very similar products, but the first 2 are more gelled and will stick to the girls better.

Then I put them in the cloner with the clonex solution. I've seen some amazing roots from this process, starting as soon as 3-4 days. I'm now starting day 3 of my first batch I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck bro :peace:

Back
Top Bottom