Tbob Does Flowering Clones in Soil & Hydro 2014

re: Tbob Does Flowering Clones in Soil & Hydro 2014

X1 was showing signs of stress and lost a couple of leaves while I was busy being sick. I transplanted her into her final pot. A 5 gallon bucket. I think this should get me some more time until I can get well. (Sinus problems)
Definitely root bound so I know I made the right call. This is the "Bud on a stick" clone, She is now 27 inches tall and getting some girth to her. The X2 in the DWC bucket is 22 inches tall but I had some hard problems with root rot and that's why she is smaller despite being in a DWC bucket vs Soil.
SDC11102.jpg
SDC11103.jpg
SDC111041.jpg

Does anyone know if it's normal for flowering clones to have Pistils at all times? I don't remember seeing that on a normal clone that's for sure.

Mike, the flowering clone I took A month and a half ago is still showing some pistols here and there. She has been on veg nutes and 24 hrs of light. So to answer your question, Yes, I think Its normal. The other flowering clone I have been spraying with CS still has her pistols too. Her leaves are gnarly looking, but that doesn't matter. I just need it for pollen......

Mike, the flowering clone I took A month and a half ago is still showing some pistols here and there. She has been on veg nutes and 24 hrs of light. So to answer your question, Yes, I think Its normal. The other flowering clone I have been spraying with CS still has her pistols too. Her leaves are gnarly looking, but that doesn't matter. I just need it for pollen......

Good to know and thanks for replying. One of mine has gnarly looking leaves also with only 3 blades of leaves per node. As long as it'll bud I don't care what she looks like.
I'm pretty sure we are going into 12/12 tomorrow night....YAY me!

Flipping to 12/12 tonight.
We've decided not to SCROG or anything this time around but I'm sure at some point I will have to put some supports into place for the flowering clones. They are just way too branchy and too many budsites and I can easily see them getting to heavy to support themselves. Not a bad problem to have.

Took a couple of quick photos before lights out today. All is looking well.

Here is shot of X2 with her 50 million different branches and budsites. Just wow. That's sick.
SDC111111.jpg

SDC11107.jpg

Here is third generation X3, yep, they are little but still mature enough to go into 12/12
SDC111101.jpg

SDC111091.jpg

SDC111082.jpg

Group photo. X1, Power Flower, X2 and two X3's
SDC11114.jpg

Mike, X2 has to be one of the healthiest plants I have seen. Great job brother. And all your other ladies look superb also. I didn't see one discolored or burned leaf. Kudos sir!!

Mike, X2 has to be one of the healthiest plants I have seen. Great job brother. And all your other ladies look superb also. I didn't see one discolored or burned leaf. Kudos sir!!

Thank you. You missed that one burned tip on X2 but it doesn't show in the picture above, she grew right into the light....I just found it this morning and was surprised but not shocked. She drinks about 1/2 gallon of juice per day. I mostly just refill with tap water 3 times per week and then the 4th day I will top her off with more nutes then go back to tap water.

I've have for a long time wondered if tap water will help keep root rot at bay. It has a lot of Chlorine in it...or something similar right? Doesn't that kill bad microbes and such?

Chlorine does kill microbes, good and bad alike. I'm not to sure how it would effect the Cannabis plant. Most people who use tap water also use Reverse Osmosis to remove it and other contaminants.

These beast can drink a lot for sure

They look great! I use tap water also that sits in my water jugs for 24 hours so most of the chlorine can evaporate. Are you using any kind of beanies in your DWC setup?

Also what light for flowering are you going to use?

Im in for this one!!
:goodjob::thumb:

They look great! I use tap water also that sits in my water jugs for 24 hours so most of the chlorine can evaporate. Are you using any kind of beanies in your DWC setup?

Also what light for flowering are you going to use?

Im in for this one!!
:goodjob::thumb:

I do use Beanies. I'm currently testing Great White by Plant Success. It seems to be helping but I've made so many changes lately it's hard to know exactly what helped the most. If I get another root rot infection I will be trying to make the Heisenberg tea.
As for the lights currently I'm only using HO T5's. I have some bloom bulbs to put in and also I will break out a few CFL's and my other HO T5 system. Here is a wall I built from the box that my last light was shipped in that can be moved anywhere I want it. I also added a CFL directly to my wall by cutting a hole into my wall and cardboarding it into place.
Here is my Redneck half wall, It's even got flaps on it so I can direct the light where needed. Enjoy the beauty. LOL
SDC107171.jpg
20140420_114319.jpg
SDC111171.jpg

Thank you. You missed that one burned tip on X2 but it doesn't show in the picture above, she grew right into the light....I just found it this morning and was surprised but not shocked. She drinks about 1/2 gallon of juice per day. I mostly just refill with tap water 3 times per week and then the 4th day I will top her off with more nutes then go back to tap water.

I've have for a long time wondered if tap water will help keep root rot at bay. It has a lot of Chlorine in it...or something similar right? Doesn't that kill bad microbes and such?

It was actually X1 that suffered the burned tip, my bad.

It has begun. Buds are forming everywhere. I flipped them to 12/12 on 8/02/14 and they are already budding. Very little buds are just starting to form but they are no doubt, buds.
A little too tired and busy to upload images tonight but I should get around to it soon.

They are all budding but I'm not good at closeup photos....I'll have to get back with y'all on that one.
X1. Having PH problems....you can see all the spots on her. I think she is going to recover but it's going to take awhile. Don't use peat Humus in your soil, it really messes up the PH levels for me. Soil has been changed as of last night.
SDC11119.jpg

X2. HOly snapping duck sh!t!!! It's been 7 days from the last picture and now she's a monster! She's gonna need support for sure. I might give her a trim or I might just add my other HO T5 as side lighting.
SDC111181.jpg

Hell ya bud, I can't believe all of these r in that box. I didn't realize there was so much room in there. Hopefully they don't outgrow ur box by finish. Keep it bud

Thanks. It's not a box but just a sheet of insulation that I tossed around my bucket to keep it cool so it can be moved wider if need be. There is an AC vent blowing right up in there. It stays a cool 70-73 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom