Tbobs Soil Grow - Power Flower 2014

Wish I had that much room. I'm thinking A 2X4 stretch of the wire fencing that has the big rectangle openings would be simpler and cheaper. If you could get it by the foot.

Something like: HDX 4 ft. x 50 ft. 14-gauge Galvanized Steel Welded Wire-308302HD at The Home Depot

I don't have that much room either. I just have a walk in closet and I don't use it all.....yet. I'm thinking about whacking another really large clone and root it in 10 days, then throw the whole room into 12/12. That'll give me 6 plants to reap. I'm not too sure if 2 weeks would be enough time to get a clone rooted and into 12/12.

Got a little free time and took some pictures. Power Flower is now 19 1/2 inches tall and looking mighty sexy tonight.
SDC11085.jpg
SDC110841.jpg
SDC11083.jpg
SDC110821.jpg
SDC110811.jpg
SDC11080.jpg

Do you have any plans for training methods for her, since you plan to keep her as a mother?

And I absolutely love the nice Sativa shape Power Flower has. For me, it was a little difficult to train at first, but after a little time, the branches stretched out a bit more.
I have not decided on what I want to do yet....I hope to reach a decision by this weekend. I don't think I will do much at all to her for awhile anyway. I may just bloom her and keep some flowering clones from her once she is ready.

WOW, glad to see your treasure again. it's amazing. haha :thumb:
Thank you, I'm in love with her. LOL

Super sexy, lush & green. perfection personified :) :thumb:

Thank you for the very nice comments.

I don't have that much room either. I just have a walk in closet and I don't use it all.....yet. I'm thinking about whacking another really large clone and root it in 10 days, then throw the whole room into 12/12. That'll give me 6 plants to reap. I'm not too sure if 2 weeks would be enough time to get a clone rooted and into 12/12.

It normally takes a couple of weeks to show roots on a clone. There is no reason why you couldn't just put it into flower when roots show as it has it's mothers maturity.

Your other plants are looking lovely man.

Nice job Tbob,

Nice and green and healthy. Just what a grower is looking for.

Maui

Got a little free time and took some pictures. Power Flower is now 19 1/2 inches tall and looking mighty sexy tonight.

Just to compare notes with you, last time I measured, which was a few days ago, my plant height was around 14", and I started my seed back in the middle of May. The FIM and LST ruined the chances of my girl ever playing basketball! (Because it helps to be tall, get it? :) )

It normally takes a couple of weeks to show roots on a clone. There is no reason why you couldn't just put it into flower when roots show as it has it's mothers maturity.

Your other plants are looking lovely man.

Absolutely right about the maturity part....but the last time I cloned anything it only took 11 days....a record for me.

Very Nice plants!

Thanks buddy....keeping it green!

Nice job Tbob,

Nice and green and healthy. Just what a grower is looking for.

Maui
Thank you Maui,
I hang around you guys and your gardens long enough so I should be learning something. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Just to compare notes with you, last time I measured, which was a few days ago, my plant height was around 14", and I started my seed back in the middle of May. The FIM and LST ruined the chances of my girl ever playing basketball! (Because it helps to be tall, get it? :) )

Mine may be taller but your looks much better than mine. Basketball isn't all it's cracked up to be......those girls ain't very pretty either. haha

EDIT: I just looked at the date on page 1. Mine was planted around the 20th of May also.

Mine may be taller but your looks much better than mine. Basketball isn't all it's cracked up to be......those girls ain't very pretty either. haha

EDIT: I just looked at the date on page 1. Mine was planted around the 20th of May also.

I just measured literally less than a minute ago, and PF is sitting at 15" exactly at the tallest top. Although I'm also flowering and hit the stretch already, PF was just under 11" before the stretch. And I'm not mathematically inclined enough to use the pythagorean theorem to figure out how my angle growth translates to upward growth.

But your last measurement was on 7/30, so I'm assuming you have .5-1.5" of new growth now.

But we can assume the training makes a big difference for folks looking for a short and compact grow!

Flower Power is looking great Mike! Did I read correct, your keeping her as a mother?

When you keep a plant as a mother, at some point, wont she be to big and massive to keep?

I just measured literally less than a minute ago, and PF is sitting at 15" exactly at the tallest top. Although I'm also flowering and hit the stretch already, PF was just under 11" before the stretch. And I'm not mathematically inclined enough to use the pythagorean theorem to figure out how my angle growth translates to upward growth.

But your last measurement was on 7/30, so I'm assuming you have .5-1.5" of new growth now.

But we can assume the training makes a big difference for folks looking for a short and compact grow!

Lots of good info there buddy. I think LST causes them to grow more vigorously to achieve the goal of getting high in the air to catch pollen. I think you've proven that point.

Flower Power is looking great Mike! Did I read correct, your keeping her as a mother?

When you keep a plant as a mother, at some point, wont she be to big and massive to keep?

Exactly what I was thinking too. I'm thinking it's not going to be a practical idea to keep mother plants after all. As much as I love the thought of having them around, I don't have another room to keep them in while the grow room is in bloom. Maybe I should just keep pulling clones and keep it going that way. I can always find room for clones in the house and I seem to have gotten a grasp on cloning. I don't necessarily need a mother plant as much as I just want a way to preserve the strain for myself instead of purchasing it again.

Look into grafting, then you could run one plant with say 6-8 diff strains! its something Ive been meaning to do for years! :) Takes some real method for success, but would be an invaluable skill! :)

I've read about that before and it sounds awesome but I'm not too sure I have *that* much patience. haha
Also it doesn't help me with having no good place to keep mothers around. I thought about putting them outside but I have a county policeman living next door to me. No Bueno!!
Once I save up enough to get some LED lights I should be good. That will give me more room to play because then I could move my T5's into another room, maybe a grow box or something.

Back
Top Bottom