Tbobs Soil Grow - Power Flower 2014

Had a little problem with her last week. She became root bound and started turning yellow at the bottom. She already needs another pot and I'll be getting on that in the next day or two. Other than that, all is well and she looks pretty.
I', having trouble with the forums tonight and a few other websites also. I'll try to post more tomorrow.

SDC110051.jpg

SDC11006.jpg

SDC110071.jpg

SDC110081.jpg

SDC11018.jpg

SDC11019.jpg

SDC11020.jpg

SDC11021.jpg

SDC11022.jpg

looks great. what size is that container? might not be root bound just yet.

Nice start MikeTbob. :thumb:

Will keep watching your process. :goodjob:

Hey there. Updates are coming soon, I wasn't feeling well this weekend and took the day off from work on Monday....as soon as I have time I will post an update and some photos.

Thanks for stopping in KingJohnC. Glad to have you around.

As B.Real pointed out your plant may be root bound indicated by the yellowing lower leaves. What size pot is your plant in and how tall is your plant? If your plant is in an adequate size pot I would increase the amount of nitrogen you are feeding your plant.

looks great. what size is that container? might not be root bound just yet.
Thanks. I think it's less than 1 gallon or right about that...I'm just being lazy and she really needs a new home.

Wow MikeTbob, They are looking great! Nice job brotha :thumb:
Thanks. I think she looks awesome also.

Nice start MikeTbob. :thumb:

Will keep watching your process. :goodjob:
Thanks for stopping by my patch of dirt.
It's take the same shape mine started out in. Nice job so far!
Thanks, I think this is the most symmetrical plant I have ever grown....they are usually lopsided or leaning one way or another.

As B.Real pointed out your plant may be root bound indicated by the yellowing lower leaves. What size pot is your plant in and how tall is your plant? If your plant is in an adequate size pot I would increase the amount of nitrogen you are feeding your plant.
Thanks for stopping by KingJC, The plant is 14' tall from the top of the soil, the planter is 9' deep. WAYYYY to small, so I'll be getting off my lazy butt today and getting a new mound of dirt for her to play in.

Thanks for stopping by everyone.

Well done my brother,

One thing I will say about transplanting that I have learned from here and another grower I know...... I keep the transplanting to a minimum. Roots DO NOT like direct light and can cause issues. So my method now is I transplant once. If they are a clone that is in a Solo cup, I put them in their new permanent full size home right out of the gate. If they are from seeds, I will transplant right from the quick start cubes right to their new permanent full size home. I believe the less the roots see the light the better. Just my 2 cents on the transplanting.

I am excited to watch these come to fruition.

Happy farming
Maui

Well done my brother,

One thing I will say about transplanting that I have learned from here and another grower I know...... I keep the transplanting to a minimum. Roots DO NOT like direct light and can cause issues. So my method now is I transplant once. If they are a clone that is in a Solo cup, I put them in their new permanent full size home right out of the gate. If they are from seeds, I will transplant right from the quick start cubes right to their new permanent full size home. I believe the less the roots see the light the better. Just my 2 cents on the transplanting.

I am excited to watch these come to fruition.

Happy farming
Maui

I agree. The next transplant will be her final. Trust me, I learned the hard way. I think it's very cool that we have 3 Power Flower going at once. We'll see how they grow together and how much they differ. This should be exciting.

I agree. The next transplant will be her final. Trust me, I learned the hard way. I think it's very cool that we have 3 Power Flower going at once. We'll see how they grow together and how much they differ. This should be exciting.

Unfortunately I think I have the oldest plant, so I get to make all the mistakes first lol.

But yeah, this plant is just amazing on its own. I think it'd do pretty well outdoors where it can really soak up the sunlight without training.
And if you didn't see it, this was mine June 30 After the FIM, but Before LST started:

2014-06-30_12-49-55_925.jpg

And then I went and messed it all up with tons of LST lol. Ah well, the joys of growing.

Unfortunately I think I have the oldest plant, so I get to make all the mistakes first lol.

But yeah, this plant is just amazing on its own. I think it'd do pretty well outdoors where it can really soak up the sunlight without training.
And if you didn't see it, this was mine June 30 After the FIM, but Before LST started:

2014-06-30_12-49-55_925.jpg

And then I went and messed it all up with tons of LST lol. Ah well, the joys of growing.

LOL oh well, you are just a bondage type of guy. Nothing wrong with that. I may need a few pointers on bondage here soon or SCROG. Anyone got any good links for first time SCROG guys? Like an in depth howto?

LOL oh well, you are just a bondage type of guy. Nothing wrong with that. I may need a few pointers on bondage here soon or SCROG. Anyone got any good links for first time SCROG guys? Like an in depth how to?

What information are you looking for specifically? I was able to come up with these topics from the FAQ, but none of them really seems to be an in depth how to with pictures/descriptions (which is what I personally look for when looking for a good DIY article)

What is SCROG - Screen of Green?
Can You Give an Example of a SCROG Cabinet?
Can I use SCROG with larger lights too?
How does SCROG improve my canopy and yield?
How do I best fill the SCROG screen?
What should I use for a SCROG screen?

In a general search, this seems to be a pretty good article:
How To - The SCROG Method

TheCapn touches on a little scrog info here: How To: 10oz per plant perpetual indoors

And it's funny you mention using a SCROG, I was just considering throwing a screen in there and removing all my ribbon ties yesterday morning.

Looking good on that grow MikeTbob.

Have you looked into rhizo pots for your girls?

I got a few in them and when i lifted the plant the roots were amazing. Instead of loads of roots going in circles, I was looking at tons of them smaller roots and could not imagine it would look like that.

I got plants in 12litre(2 1/2gal) rhizo pots in coco that are looking lovely.

What information are you looking for specifically? I was able to come up with these topics from the FAQ, but none of them really seems to be an in depth how to with pictures/descriptions (which is what I personally look for when looking for a good DIY article)

What is SCROG - Screen of Green?
Can You Give an Example of a SCROG Cabinet?
Can I use SCROG with larger lights too?
How does SCROG improve my canopy and yield?
How do I best fill the SCROG screen?
What should I use for a SCROG screen?

In a general search, this seems to be a pretty good article:
How To - The SCROG Method

TheCapn touches on a little scrog info here: How To: 10oz per plant perpetual indoors

And it's funny you mention using a SCROG, I was just considering throwing a screen in there and removing all my ribbon ties yesterday morning.

Those links should get me started. I know next to nothing about SCROG so I'm looking for a SCROG setup howto.
From what I gather, these Power Flowers will get pretty dang big. Also I have some FLowering Clones that I think will need some type of support because from everything I have read, Flowering Clones cannot hold up all their own weigh once they begin flowering.

Looking good on that grow MikeTbob.

Have you looked into rhizo pots for your girls?

I got a few in them and when i lifted the plant the roots were amazing. Instead of loads of roots going in circles, I was looking at tons of them smaller roots and could not imagine it would look like that.

I got plants in 12litre(2 1/2gal) rhizo pots in coco that are looking lovely.

No, I haven't looked at Rhizo pots. I'll do that right now using Google. Thanks for the tips.
Thanks for stopping by everyone.

The basic concept of a SCROG, at least from what I gather, is it's a way to 'permanently' LST your branches.

Instead of using string or whatever for LST, you let them grow up into the netting, guiding them from underneath to keep the bud sites spread and not overlapping. It also provides a certain degree of support for the branches when they start getting heavier in flower.

And I might have missed something, in fact, I probably did, since I'm still learning myself. I'm probably going to wait out this grow, and try a SCROG next time around. Or I'll watch you and see how you do it and learn from your experience. Either way, growing has become quite an entertaining and fun hobby :)

Keep it green brother :Namaste:

Hi Mike,
My current grow is all RQS beans.

"I'm looking for a SCROG setup how to"

Have you checked CO Finest grows? He´s a member here and a Scrog grower. I´ve been checking his grows trough his youtube chanel and I saw his latest video about his SCROG set up - which I think is well thought.
Will keep on :popcorn:

:peace:

Hi Mike,
My current grow is all RQS beans.

"I'm looking for a SCROG setup how to"

Have you checked CO Finest grows? He´s a member here and a Scrog grower. I´ve been checking his grows trough his youtube chanel and I saw his latest video about his SCROG set up - which I think is well thought.
Will keep on :popcorn:

:peace:

Great idea Tugafox, I am subscibed to his channel also. Why didn't I think of that?LOL Thanks for stopping by.

Back
Top Bottom