Tbobs Soil Grow - Power Flower 2014

Looking good, but don't get too excited and rush the harvest. My PF ran 62 days and just had a couple ambers popping up. If you want a stronger couchlock, you'll go longer.

Breeder says 8-9 weeks, so don't just cut right at 8 weeks, and going past 8-9 is fine too. It's all about when the plant is done, not when the breeder timeline expires.

2 weeks away? are you sure she'll be ready, she looks way off to me :)

2 Weeks, sir. Book it.

Looking good, but don't get too excited and rush the harvest. My PF ran 62 days and just had a couple ambers popping up. If you want a stronger couchlock, you'll go longer.

Breeder says 8-9 weeks, so don't just cut right at 8 weeks, and going past 8-9 is fine too. It's all about when the plant is done, not when the breeder timeline expires.

Sept 30th will be 62 days. Right on target. I'm not a couchlock lover.....I'll harvest before too many Amber trichs develop. I go by the trichome reading only.
I have it set in my mind that 62 days is 62 days whether it's indoors under a T5 system or moved/finished outdoors with mother nature. Does anyone have an opinion on that? Anyone disagree?

i would let her stay maybe for another 2 weeks, she does not look ready to get chopped yet, i think :/ But i would watch the trichs closely, as you said you dont want them to get amber.

I'm booked but expecting delays :) If you like couch lock then why not go for more amber? More amber = more couch lock :)

Oh & if she's been outside, finish her there :)

Sept 30th will be 62 days. Right on target. I'm not a couchlock lover.....I'll harvest before too many Amber trichs develop. I go by the trichome reading only.
I have it set in my mind that 62 days is 62 days whether it's indoors under a T5 system or moved/finished outdoors with mother nature. Does anyone have an opinion on that? Anyone disagree?

I disagree. And not just to be a pain in the ass lol. Personally, I think if a plant is being grown under CFLs, we will see a Harvest date, of lets say 70 days in flower. Now if we add a better light, somewhere near the beginning of flower, and upgrade to a 400w HPS, maybe we see a change of a day or two less, so 68-69 days. And if we took that same plant, and grew it outdoors, under the best direct sunlight possible, maybe we'd see that time reduced to 65 days?

Of course this is only an opinion of mine. I'm always looking for new comparison grows with clones to see how different things affect growth, but haven't found one for this yet.

Power Flower was harvested last night. She smells awesome and I can't hardly wait to smoke some. Big fat buds and they are rock hard too. I do not have a scale or anything with me but I did get some pictures which I will post later this afternoon. I'm waiting for Google to autobackup my photos then I can share them here. I'd venture a guess that I have about 2 ounces of uncured, undried buds right now

Thanks guys.

Here is the images I promised. Total wet weigh is 63 Grams.
SDC11189.jpg
SDC11188.jpg
SDC11187.jpg
SDC111861.jpg
SDC11184.jpg
SDC11181.jpg
SDC11182.jpg
SDC11183.jpg
SDC11180.jpg
SDC11179.jpg
SDC11178.jpg
SDC11177.jpg
SDC11176.jpg
SDC111751.jpg

I get the feeling you're going to enjoy that Mike. Congrats on your harvest.

Yes sir!
We couldn't help ourselves, we dried a couple of small buds overnight and smoked them this morning, I'm still high! Pretty smooth and tasty for some fresh cut herb. I would grow Power Flower again and I think it's a great strain.

Damn man, realllly nice nugs you got there! Congrats! And I've been loving my PF smoke as well, and I would absolutely 100% grow it again. It's not too bad to train, very tolerant of training, produces nice colas (I have similar nugs as you do), and the smoke is great tasting, and the effects are amazing. Sativa high, with a touch of Indica in there.

Congrats again brother! :rollit:

Thanks bro, I may be joining you in your plant bondage fetish soon because we finally got a new place to live *YAY* but it's an apartment *BOO* so everything will have to be low key, out of sight and high output. I may decide to grow Guerrilla style in the woods behind my apts haha.
There was actually about 4 more stalks of bud that I did not photograph or weigh but I gifted them to my grow buddy also for all his help. He's new to growing and whatnot but after all his help with this last grow, he is hooked and I'll be trying to get him to create an account here and get his knowledge expanded a little bit.

Damn man, realllly nice nugs you got there! Congrats! And I've been loving my PF smoke as well, and I would absolutely 100% grow it again. It's not too bad to train, very tolerant of training, produces nice colas (I have similar nugs as you do), and the smoke is great tasting, and the effects are amazing. Sativa high, with a touch of Indica in there.

Congrats again brother! :rollit:

Thanks bro, I may be joining you in your plant bondage fetish soon because we finally got a new place to live *YAY* but it's an apartment *BOO* so everything will have to be low key, out of sight and high output. I may decide to grow Guerrilla style in the woods behind my apts haha.
There was actually about 4 more stalks of bud that I did not photograph or weigh but I gifted them to my grow buddy also for all his help. He's new to growing and whatnot but after all his help with this last grow, he is hooked and I'll be trying to get him to create an account here and get his knowledge expanded a little bit.

lol It's honestly not bad man. I do enjoy the challenge of producing a quality (and big) yield out of a small closet grow. Tying them keeps things more manageable for me, although this next grow I have some ideas rolling around that I might try.

Low key isn't difficult. I have no problem with it at all so far. I just don't want people knowing. Then they tell 2 friends, then they tell 2 friends, then they tell 2 friends.. You know how it goes. It just has the potential to be a pain in the ass.

But still man, a new place is always fun, and you can design a nice little grow, and easily produce 2-4 ounces per grow (maybe more?). Or if you can set up separate veg/flower rooms, you're golden.

Congrats on the new place man!

Power Flower has been all smoked up and thoroughly enjoyed.
This is some of the best MJ I have ever grown, it was sweet and tasty and grew nice fat buds even with all the problems I put it through.
This journal is finished. Thanks for attending.
And... :thanks:for the learning experience! :goodjob: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom