Tbobs Soil Grow - Power Flower 2014

One way to never have to worry about having a mother on hand. My daughter grows for a local dispensary and she game me a hell of an idea. Clone the Mother. Take enough to get a solid number of clones. When the clones are stable, flower the mom. Now you have X amount of clones. Let them veg and continue to take clones. You could potentially keep this going diffidently. That is my plan with my UW Purp. I have a UW Purp that is outside and should start flowering soon. This strain for me is hard to come by so I clone like a wild man.

Hope that makes sense (it does in my little pee brain)

Maui

Hi buddy.
It made perfect sense to me and I understood what your thought process was. That is pretty much what I've decided to do for now. The only real difference is that I'm going to bloom everything right now (Today is Day 11). In about 2-3 more weeks I will start pulling clones while the mother is in flower. So, again I am going to go with Flowering clones. That's what my plants "X1" and "X2" are in my Soil/Hydro Flowering clone thread. I just have to make sure to pull enough clones to make SURE at least one makes it alive since this is only my 2nd try.

Today will the last photo update for several weeks. We are moving and we have a lot of stuff to do. Grow room has already been emptied and just waiting for lights on to transport them all to my grow buddy. He will be helping me get them back to health and keeping them safe until we get situated into our new surroundings. I'll be visiting the forums regularly but no photos updates.

As you can see....Power Flower had an outbreak of Spider Mites, nasty little boogers. She's starting to make a comeback though. This is what happens when you buy cheap soil and I know it was the cheap soil because I used the same soil on my houseplants and they have Spider Mites too. She's been moved outside to protect my other plants but she isn't the only one or the one that got it the worst.

SDC11152.jpg
SDC11151.jpg

Today will the last photo update for several weeks. We are moving and we have a lot of stuff to do. Grow room has already been emptied and just waiting for lights on to transport them all to my grow buddy. He will be helping me get them back to health and keeping them safe until we get situated into our new surroundings. I'll be visiting the forums regularly but no photos updates.

As you can see....Power Flower had an outbreak of Spider Mites, nasty little boogers. She's starting to make a comeback though. This is what happens when you buy cheap soil and I know it was the cheap soil because I used the same soil on my houseplants and they have Spider Mites too. She's been moved outside to protect my other plants but she isn't the only one or the one that got it the worst.

No updates for several weeks? Where's the dislike button?

Good luck on the move, hopefully you'll have space for a nice grow room in the new place!

That's some going man, well done. I've never taken cuttings from a flowering plant. Do flowering cuttings root quicker?

I'd always been told back in the day to avoid taking cuttings from a flowering plant.

They don't necessarily root faster but they are female and they should have rapid growth to get back to a flowering state. I gave 3 of the clones to a good friend of mine and in less than 2 weeks they have grown 10-12". Throw some topping in there and Bam! you have a full grown mature female in about a month or so.

Nice update, they look pretty strong now!!! :cheer:
Thanks Twilight, it will be a few more days before they are good and strong but I think the problem is under control for now.

No updates for several weeks? Where's the dislike button?

Good luck on the move, hopefully you'll have space for a nice grow room in the new place!

Calm down bro, deep breaths....that's it....breathe. Happy thoughts! :rofl:
I only said no PHOTO updates....They all will be at a friends house and my access will be somewhat limited. I'll still keep y'all up to speed with what's happening and whatnot. :Namaste:
Thanks bro, we'll figure something out. I've always wanted to do an outdoor guerrilla style grow if all else fails.....there is lots of wide open spaces around here. LOL

They don't necessarily root faster but they are female and they should have rapid growth to get back to a flowering state. I gave 3 of the clones to a good friend of mine and in less than 2 weeks they have grown 10-12". Throw some topping in there and Bam! you have a full grown mature female in about a month or so.

Agreed, the roots seem to grow about the same as any other clone but the veg growth you get after that is crazy. I've never seen anything like it before. A lot of people say not to clone during flowering but after trying it myself, I don't think I will ever use veg clones again. This solves the problem of keeping a mother plant on hand when you want to continue a particular strain. Just chop off some clones about 2 weeks before harvest and they should be ready for the big lights after you harvest.
Good luck with the move Mike.
Thanks bro. The more luck, the better.

Calm down bro, deep breaths....that's it....breathe. Happy thoughts! :rofl:
I only said no PHOTO updates....They all will be at a friends house and my access will be somewhat limited. I'll still keep y'all up to speed with what's happening and whatnot. :Namaste:
Thanks bro, we'll figure something out. I've always wanted to do an outdoor guerrilla style grow if all else fails.....there is lots of wide open spaces around here. LOL

If you do guerilla, get a journal of some sort for it. I have plenty of space for an outdoor grow, and the level of sunlight they'd receive would work wonders for growth, but the thought of all the bugs outside, and not having easy access to them by just going to my closet concerns me. We have some nasty bugs here, like those Japanese Beetles that annihilate entire crops. And I'd hate to drop by for a visit and find my plants were turned into confetti.
Not to mention the deer love grazing on a lot of vegetation too.

And sending my girls off into the wild on their own carries the same level of concern as someone sending their kids off to school on the bus for the first time. I'm hoping you have a nice space indoors to set up a real nice grow room. It's going to be one thing that plays a part in my next move.

Be safe man, lift with your knees!

Ok boys and girls, it's update time. We're hanging out with relatives until a place becomes available. We needed more time to get things in place.

Power Flower is now an outdoor plant, she's in full bloom as you can see. We're still tackling the Mite problem and tomorrow I will be buying Azamax to see if it works. PF has a little bit of Mite damage but not nearly as bad as my other plant does *prayers sent*. Here is a couple of images of her in the Texas heat, safely in my buddies back yard.
SDC11157.jpg

SDC11156.jpg

SDC111551.jpg

Looking really good man, I hope you can get those little mite bastards under control. I had a decent yield on my PF, and finishing your girl outside you could easily smash my total.

Thanks bro, from what I read online, Azamax is supposed to work. As long as I can get through 4-5 more weeks I should be ok. One plant (X1) suffered the most damage but seems to be mounting a 12th hour comeback because I told my buddy to yank it and smoke it last week but he wanted to try saving it and it seems to have paid off by waiting.

Well I'm off to get the Azamax and go to my buddies house to treat them.

Back
Top Bottom