THC Onlyfans' Basement Dungeon: Semi Perpetual Grow

So awesome, does that mean the SJ is a clone of a clone then?
Yeah she is! ive heard though thay the more clones you produce off clones the weaker its genetics becomes....any truth to this?

I’ve heard mixed reviews (just like anything these days; everyone has an opinion) but can’t see why it would be any different than its mother, or grandmother. Once the roots are established it will grow with the same DNA. Too many variables come in when growing different clones too; lighting, feeding, temperature are very hard to get the same every time.
There was one member on here I saw a while back that has a commercial grow and dispensary who requires lab testing on the products, that is someone who would know better, I just can’t remember who or where I saw it.

Best way is to try it and decide for yourself!!

I’ve heard mixed reviews (just like anything these days; everyone has an opinion) but can’t see why it would be any different than its mother, or grandmother. Once the roots are established it will grow with the same DNA. Too many variables come in when growing different clones too; lighting, feeding, temperature are very hard to get the same every time.
There was one member on here I saw a while back that has a commercial grow and dispensary who requires lab testing on the products, that is someone who would know better, I just can’t remember who or where I saw it.

Best way is to try it and decide for yourself!!

Absolutely! I got lots of little clones to mess with! @Canadadoes put a bug in my head called grafting. This may be my next little experiment if i get the space for it!

Congrats on the newly rooted clones! I've had limited experience with cloning tried it twice first time was a fail lol second attempt whent much better. I pretty much grow from seed everytime I start a new run just like the variety of different strains although it makes it tough to really dial things in constantly growing different strains lol.

Hey THC Only,

Stopping by to see your place, nice setup man! The knuckle thing are you guys are talking about is that just super-cropping or something different?

Yes I’m interested in what Canadadoes has going on too. Not sure how to use grafting just yet but I will let it simmer on the back burner until it comes to a boil.

Awesome!! Glad you got roots finally!! I’ve also heard that the plant farther down the line as it’s been cloned for a while.... I don’t 100% believe the truth in that, but maybe... a mother plant is a mother plant, the clone off the mother plant has the same genetics. The genetics from a clone off a clone, is still the same genetics as the mother, further down the line, but still the same genetics. Would be cool to find out for sure or not though... you know, with actual THC content testing and what not. Interesting to know. :popcorn:

Glad it perked your interest! :high-five:
Do they need to be a certain age before attempting to graft? I saw light addicts thread on his grafting but didnt see him comment on that.
Congrats on the newly rooted clones! I've had limited experience with cloning tried it twice first time was a fail lol second attempt whent much better. I pretty much grow from seed everytime I start a new run just like the variety of different strains although it makes it tough to really dial things in constantly growing different strains lol.
Im just too cheap to buy seeds! Its first time growing these strains so will see what kind of buds they produce.
Hey THC Only,

Stopping by to see your place, nice setup man! The knuckle thing are you guys are talking about is that just super-cropping or something different?

Yes I’m interested in what Canadadoes has going on too. Not sure how to use grafting just yet but I will let it simmer on the back burner until it comes to a boil.

Hey 013! Thanks for stopping in! Yes the knuckles are from supercropping and its worked wonders for me during veg. Ive yet to see any ill effects. Still trying to figure out a plan to graft, not sure if it works with my setup but may do one, as they say, for science?
Awesome!! Glad you got roots finally!! I’ve also heard that the plant farther down the line as it’s been cloned for a while.... I don’t 100% believe the truth in that, but maybe... a mother plant is a mother plant, the clone off the mother plant has the same genetics. The genetics from a clone off a clone, is still the same genetics as the mother, further down the line, but still the same genetics. Would be cool to find out for sure or not though... you know, with actual THC content testing and what not. Interesting to know. :popcorn:
True as i have heard mix opinions on this. I probably wont ever find out from testing thc so ill have to smoke and find out that way! I got sourjack clone you gave me flowering in a 2 gallon pot, hope she isnt rootbound

For those following along, do you think BS2 is ready for repot into 5 gallon? Currently in 3gal and im afraid it may be rootbound. I know potting from 3 to 5 may not be worth the trouble but im thinking putting in 5 and flowering a week later.
Any opinions or suggestions would be awesome!
20200611_170818.jpg
20200611_170804.jpg

Im just too cheap to buy seeds! Its first time growing these strains so will see what kind of buds they produce.
The next time you want to grab some seeds check out Seedsman. I've ordered from them a bunch of times. They have a good selection of reputable breeders and their prices are the best I've found. Where they really come through is with the freebies particularly during their special promotions on 420, Halloween and Black Friday. I've got more freebies then seeds I paid for! The last time I got 25 seeds and only paid for 9.
For those following along, do you think BS2 is ready for repot into 5 gallon? Currently in 3gal and im afraid it may be rootbound. I know potting from 3 to 5 may not be worth the trouble but im thinking putting in 5 and flowering a week later.
Any opinions or suggestions would be awesome!
20200611_170818.jpg
20200611_170804.jpg
I say go for it! She will have some time to get her roots into the new soil then you won't have any concerns about getting root bound.

The next time you want to grab some seeds check out Seedsman. I've ordered from them a bunch of times. They have a good selection of reputable breeders and their prices are the best I've found. Where they really come through is with the freebies particularly during their special promotions on 420, Halloween and Black Friday I've got more freebies then seeds I ordered the last time I got 25 seeds and only paid for 9.

I say go for it! She will have some time to get her roots into the new soil then you won't have any concerns about getting root bound.

Ive only ever ordered from truenorth and they were all autoflowrs as i thought they were supposed to be easier to grow but little did i know at the time....ill definitely check out seedsman once im ready to move onto new strains... I think i want to get something with some good colors...seen so many plants like that on these forums and i waant!

I think ill get her repotted then once shes done soaking in the sun :)
20200611_171730.jpg

Ive only ever ordered from truenorth and they were all autoflowrs as i thought they were supposed to be easier to grow but little did i know at the time....ill definitely check out seedsman once im ready to move onto new strains... I think i want to get something with some good colors...seen so many plants like that on these forums and i waant!

I think ill get her repotted then once shes done soaking in the sun :)
20200611_171730.jpg
I ordered from True North once it was a pretty good experience they are a bit pricey I found and the freebies are basically non existent I got one free seed with my order.

Plant is looking great! She'll be happy with her new home!

I ordered from True North once it was a pretty good experience they are a bit pricey I found and the freebies are basically non existent I got one free seed with my order.

Plant is looking great! She'll be happy with her new home!

Had the gf help me with transplanting and it pretty much popped out like a breeze.....wish i had a pic of the rootball, thick and healthy looking roots spray across the entire 3 gallon plastic pot...should of had the gf hold the plant while i went inside to grab my phone! Lol maybe its best i didnt.
Anyway, between 3 and 5 wasnt a big difference but still able to put a decent amount of soil on the base and around the perimeter. Shell be real happy in her new home!
20200611_192055.jpg

if everything’s established I wouldn’t worry much about age. I’d shoot more for diameter of stalk/stem. The scion I’d make sure is atleast 2-3mm.
I watched one video that said lights need to be on 24/7 until it takes, is this necessary or even a thing? I like to continue running 18/6 or even 16/8 in my veg tent to saved a tad bit of power

I watched one video that said lights need to be on 24/7 until it takes, is this necessary or even a thing?

IMO not absolutely necessary, grafts are accomplished outside. No 24 hour schedule outside. With that being said I wouldnt go less then 18 hours though until new growth is accomplished in the scion.

Great job with the transplant... it must not have been easy. Lol that’s why I like to stay a head of the game and transplant before they get too big.... because gaaaawd!! It’s messy/difficult to do!! Awesome your gf helped you!! Did she get her pretty finger nails dirty? Lol :high-five:
looking really good brother!!

I watched one video that said lights need to be on 24/7 until it takes, is this necessary or even a thing? I like to continue running 18/6 or even 16/8 in my veg tent to saved a tad bit of power

Looks good, you don't need to change the lights. Personally I think it'd be more stressful to the plant if you did change them. I'd suggest giving it about 2 full weeks in the new pot before flipping the lights, if you can wait that long. That way it'll be completely established from transplant and will not waste any energy during the initial flip.

Back
Top Bottom