The 420 Fotographer Collective: Advanced Cannabis Photography

Cool Agemon.
What kind of light? and Was the ISO auto? or did you select it?

I am fussing with getting a good dried nug shot. Mine all seem blah, I am taking a break from it.

I used some cross color lighting, fluorescent and tungsten. I had the filter set on fluorescent. I chose the ISO as well. The only auto feature I use consistently is auto focus.

KelticBlue, here's a picture I shot on full auto. I adjusted exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows, whites, darks, and a touch of sharpen. Your last question was about lighting, and although i do use my camera settings to compensate for wherever I am, I always make adjustments when I get the images downloaded on to my computer. I use Photoshop CS 6 to process my pictures, I've been using Photoshop (Adobe PS 3.0 ((the 1994 version)) since I was 23. I edit all my images in the Adobe RAW Editor and then the final cleanups after I open into photoshop, out of the RAW Editor.

Hope I answered your question more in depth this time, caught me sober today...

KelticBlue, here's a picture I shot on full auto. I adjusted exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows, whites, darks, and a touch of sharpen. Your last question was about lighting, and although i do use my camera settings to compensate for wherever I am, I always make adjustments when I get the images downloaded on to my computer. I use Photoshop CS 6 to process my pictures, I've been using Photoshop (Adobe PS 3.0 ((the 1994 version)) since I was 23. I edit all my images in the Adobe RAW Editor and then the final cleanups after I open into photoshop, out of the RAW Editor.

Hope I answered your question more in depth this time, caught me sober today...

Really clean edit!
:goodjob:

You did absolutely. Thanks you.
I was most wondering about the ISO. It Is higher than I would normally set. I don't wander from my comfort zone. But I am trying to challenge that. I am pretty much a chicken. o_O

I know we had this discussion very early on, I mean about the ISO settings and "what they are for." Opinions aside and speaking strictly from a scientific point of view; I like to see how the pictures will look super grainy as well as super smooth. It's digital, its only electricity and time to see if you like the pictures.

If you like to use your auto settings, and your camera allows it, maybe you can put your camera to Shutter Priority and change your ISO from 100 to as high as it goes and then sees how the pictures turn out. Process the way you do and then make your final selections from an artistic perspective.

Keep in mind you may not be able to shoot all ISO's in all lighting conditions.

It's digital, its only electricity and time to see if you like the pictures.

That is gold right there.

I might be holding on to the setting ISO at 100 from using film days. I would never think to push ISO with a still object. I am thinking inside the box only. I gotta try to have some fun sometime.

I really like you guys approach and methods. Thanks for sharing.

That is gold right there.

I might be holding on to the setting ISO at 100 from using film days. I would never think to push ISO with a still object. I am thinking inside the box only. I gotta try to have some fun sometime.

I really like you guys approach and methods. Thanks for sharing.

Everyone has something to add. That was the idea here. To grow and help each other take better photos. Most folks already grow stunning plants, and they should have a thread to assist in showing them off.

Hunting for the one that lights up the lens. :cheesygrinsmiley:

1st attempt: just not quite there.

2nd attempt: the fuzzy foreground leaves look all wrong to me.....must have moved it when I hit the button.

I always hear Rad in the back of my head when I do this. :laughtwo: He once shared that he always moves the camera when he takes the shot.

3rd attempt: *sigh*........... so close. I'll give it one more try.....

BOOM!

It's so much fun hunting with the iPhone. :slide:

I know we had this discussion very early on, I mean about the ISO settings and "what they are for." Opinions aside and speaking strictly from a scientific point of view; I like to see how the pictures will look super grainy as well as super smooth. It's digital, its only electricity and time to see if you like the pictures.

If you like to use your auto settings, and your camera allows it, maybe you can put your camera to Shutter Priority and change your ISO from 100 to as high as it goes and then sees how the pictures turn out. Process the way you do and then make your final selections from an artistic perspective.

Keep in mind you may not be able to shoot all ISO's in all lighting conditions.

I love the way you teach Age. :circle-of-love:

Hunting for the one that lights up the lens. :cheesygrinsmiley:

1st attempt: just not quite there.

2nd attempt: the fuzzy foreground leaves look all wrong to me.....must have moved it when I hit the button.

I always hear Rad in the back of my head when I do this. :laughtwo: He once shared that he always moves the camera when he takes the shot.

3rd attempt: *sigh*........... so close. I'll give it one more try.....

BOOM!

It's so much fun hunting with the iPhone. :slide:
Hit the nail on the head! Nice photo.:high-five:
I honestly never had any interest in photography until I started growing cannabis. Now I can't get enough.

Another shot from the garden, tomorrow is chop day for three of the girls. A bit early, but Hawaii awaits and I'm not gonna risk leaving 8 week flowered plants alone for a week.

White Widow

Dream Lotus

Maui Wowie

Excellent Cola! I like!

I did a little editing on this just to make it a bit more intense. Cropped and clipped the end of the histogram.

current grow Zamaldelica
full

@Agemon So many beautiful photos! :love: And that Maui Wowie looks da kine that’s for sure! What breeder is it from!

A yellow jacket I snapped the other day hanging onto the edge of a cannabis leaf in my garden.:ganjamon:

I just love this soo much! Nice entrance to the thread Monster :thumb:

In case anyone here is interested and hasn’t seen this yet, I’m running this short term thread for getting some more of the old emojis back...
Restoring the favourite emojis

I haven’t done anything more with my new camera for a while. Too weak to hold it for long enough periods. While I rebuild some strength though, I’m reading the manual :thumb: I finally got it printed out and I’m putting it in a folder so I can read it off the page... sooo much easier. Oh - and the lovely other bought me a 40mm micro (Nikonspeak for macro) lens for my birthday - special portraits coming up! Once I figure it out some more and set it up semi-permanently outside the growtent!!

:Namaste:

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom