Whats your breakfast plans this weekend cannafan. All of the stuff you all post looks so delicious

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

I am still formulating my plan, and planning my formula. :laugh: I do know that there will be an unusual way of cooking up shredded potatoes, and of course there will be eggs and sausage involved in something else.
:)
I was thinking in trying my hand on some french toast made with cannamilk with some fruits and drizzled cannahoney

That sounds yummly! Hope you post some pics. :cheer:

Cannoissueras, here's an idea for a kicked up french toast for you.

CANNA FRENCH TOAST STRATA

French-Toast-Strata.jpg

This recipe will need to be prepared at least 4 hours, or a day ahead, so it can go into the refrigerator for a few hours to soak up all of the canna milk.

This can feed at least 4 people. It's a big recipe.

Ingredients:

4 oz. Day old French or Italian Bread (cut into 3/4" cubes)
1/3 C. Golden raisins or regular raisins
1 Pkg. Cream cheese cut into cubes
3 eggs
1 1/2 C. Canna Milk
1/2 C. Maple syrup (or canna syrup if you like)
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
Optional: a little more cinnamon based on your taste preference and some powdered sugar for dusting the top

Directions:

The day of baking, preheat oven to 350 F.

Lightly grease or spray an 11" x 7" baking dish.

Cube the bread up and place it into the prepared baking dish in an even layer.
Dot the top with the raisins, and then dot the cream cheese squares over the top.

BreadRaisinsCheese.jpg

Beat the eggs until a bit foamy, then add the syrup, cannamilk, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until well mixed.

BeatTheEggs.jpg

syrupVanillaMilk.jpg

Pour the mixture over the bread in a nice even layer so all of the bread pieces get to soak up liquid.

LiquidIntoBread.jpg

Cover the dish and place it in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to allow the bread to absorb.

CoverChillOvernight.jpg

When you are ready to cook, mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle it on the top.
Use more cinnamon if you like. Keep in mind, it will make for a much darker crust on top with more cinnamon.

StrataSugarCinnamon.jpg

Bake at 350 F. degrees for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Serve with a little dusting of powdered sugar.

Serve it up with eggs and sausage, syrup...bacon...yeah...this is good stuff right here.

StrataBreakfastPlate.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:

Canna's kitchen is the real deal...all from scratch, delicious, and great pics for the play by play....she should be on the food network channel, or better yet, on Viceland.....yes yes, wish I could travel over on my broom for breakfast!!!

Thx fan that recipe looks amazing. Was that a dish you personally prepared... If so my hats off to you

Yepper, it's my own cooking and my own pics. :thanks: I hope you try this.

Canna's kitchen is the real deal...all from scratch, delicious, and great pics for the play by play....she should be on the food network channel, or better yet, on Viceland.....yes yes, wish I could travel over on my broom for breakfast!!!

:thanks: my friend. :) If things ever went to that level, it would become too much like work and then I wouldn't enjoy it. :rofl:

Yummy. That is my daily breakfast! Love it!

WJ
:ciao:

Hi Ya Wildman! Great to see you. :love: Hope you and the Mrs. are doing well and eating well.

:circle-of-love:

I can't wait to get back into my kitchen tomorrow. Work this week has been.....intense. It's going to be a much awaited rest.
Our weather is going to be awesome, I might even get outside for some pics for the seasons thread.
Hope you are all doing well.

:volcano-smiley:

The breakfast pics from this morning will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow. I'm freaking baked! :rofl:

I do have something to show on part of the ensemble. I made a blender Hollan-Daze sauce.

The recipe came from the internet, here's what I did:

Blender
3 egg yolks
1/8 tsp. Smoked Paprika or cayenne pepper or more to taste
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbls. fresh lemon juice
10 Tbs. Cannabutter

blender_hollan-daze_1.jpg

Keep the cannabutter melted, on very low setting on stove.

blender_hollan-daze_3.jpg

Separate the yolks:

blender_hollan-daze_2.jpg

Add the yolks, lemon juice, salt and paprika to the blender. Blend until lighter in color, about 20 seconds or so.

blender_hollan-daze_4.jpg

Now, I'm not sure where the gal got her "no splatter" blender from.....:laugh:, but drizzling in that warm butter caused a LOT of splatter out of the top of the blender even on my low setting. So, If you do this...have a towel or something around.

Drizzle the butter in slowly with the blender at it's lowest setting. Blend a few seconds until the butter is completely incorporated.

blender_hollan-daze_5.jpg

Taste test and add more salt or lemon juice if needed.

This will be a very thick mixture, probably because of the cannabutter. So, when I tried to pour it out a lot of it stuck to the pitcher. I added a wee bit of warm water, blended again and it poured out much better. I scraped down every little bit of that out of there too.

This should be served immediately. I have leftover, so I'm going to try to refrigerate overnight and then refresh it in the morning by microwaving a bit to get it warm, then a little warm water to it in the blender and see what happens.

Hollan-Daze Sauce:

blender_hollan-daze_6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom