The Frugal Growmet cherry poppin grow

WOW:cheer: They are looking so much better man. Did you start using nutes? What ever you did they are looking great.

What did you decide to do with the possible male? I looked into what Aberration had said and it is a very real possibility as well. I guess only time will tell.

Keep up the good work:popcorn:

Thanks Veledrone always great to hear from you my friend, Well I did add some nutes but very little of dr schutlz' 10 15 10 plant food but using it sparingly.
I had an issue I believe with high ph and added lemon juice the few times watering after discovering it with the water. So thise are the only two things I did different. Oh wait I did cut back a little on the watering as my pal oldmedman suggested. So I am pleased that the yellow has gone for the most part.

Thanks aberration and oldmedman for the comments I have been busy with family from back east so havent had time to visit all my friends here.
I am no where near the complexity of aberration on the feeding for sure but I got this new nute to supplement the regular feeding which for me is minimal at best. Its called Dark Energy and used it twice this week and have noticed a bit of a vibrancy if the plants whi knows maybe its in my head. Anyways here are my pics for the 4th week in flower. Not the best pics still haven't nailed down the correct setting to eliminate the overpowering yellowing light.

I did have major problems with one of the unknown strains about 30 shade leafs turned yellow then fell off. It is the one that has stretched the most.

Here is a few of Grape Ape Clone

grow_journal_4_week_flowering_022.JPG

grow_journal_4_week_flowering_011.JPG

grow_journal_4_week_flowering_012.JPG

And here are my Purple urkle clones they have remained very short but really bushy.

grow_journal_4_week_flowering_019.JPG

grow_journal_4_week_flowering_020.JPG

Here is the rest

grow_journal_4_week_flowering_007.JPG

grow_journal_4_week_flowering_005.JPG

grow_journal_4_week_flowering_002.JPG

Thanks for the reply Oldmedman as always reading what you have to say. The grape ape was a clone I purchased at Harborside coop in Oakland California. IMO they happen to be the cleanest,organized,knowledgeable staff and well lite place in the SF bay area, free services such as massage,meditation and yoga. They carry a large assortment of products oils hash clones and of course the maryjane. They even have their products tested for THC levels and have posted on each sample a THC percentage, The highest on the list the day I went was OG kush at about 18%. Most are around 13%.

Here is their website it's sort of cool just browsing it.
Harborside Health Center - Medical Cannabis by the bay in Oakland, CA

Thanks for the reply Oldmedman as always reading what you have to say. The grape ape was a clone I purchased at Harborside coop in Oakland California. IMO they happen to be the cleanest,organized,knowledgeable staff and well lite place in the SF bay area, free services such as massage,meditation and yoga. They carry a large assortment of products oils hash clones and of course the maryjane. They even have their products tested for THC levels and have posted on each sample a THC percentage, The highest on the list the day I went was OG kush at about 18%. Most are around 13%.

Here is their website it's sort of cool just browsing it.
Harborside Health Center - Medical Cannabis by the bay in Oakland, CA

Hi Xcit420 I was afraid of that.:smokin:
Your the second person that I've asked and you both said the same thing.:grinjoint: Sure wish we could just walk in and buy things, but Hawaii's not there yet. Sounds great. Thanks for the answer.:grinjoint:

Hey Veledrone my Colorado buddy thanks so much for checking in on the girls. You know I took the suspected makes outside and planted them in my outdoor garden space and still no signs of any budding at all. They are very strong and healthy looking but still looks like they are in veg stage even though they have been on 12/12 for 4 weeks. I'll try to remember to take some pics of them tomorrow and let my good buddies give me their input. Coming up on 5 weeks flowering this Sunday and the grape ape is really filling out. :peace:

Here is the shot of the males or should I say the plants I think are male. I have planted them outside in my garden that I grew my one plant last season. Hoping I can collect the pollen and pollenate a branch on the grape ape or at least my next strain which will be from seed instead of clones which the Grape ape and Purple urkle are.

purple_male.JPG

green_male.JPG

Here they are up close

close_up_purp_male.JPG

Close_up_green_male.JPG

So I posted this for my pals that ask about them otherwise I know most people just browsing are like WTF is this guy putting up males :)
Tonight when the lights go on I am going to be taking my pics for the 5th week flowering and I can say this last week was dissapointing in that the purple urkle clones are looking spent. They have both drooped over to the point where I had to prop them and the shade leaves have turned yellow and grownish grey I am baffled but the grape ape clone is still looking good so far, the other two unknown strain plants have also had a bout with the dreaded yellowing of the shade leaves but the budding areas look green and healthy if that makes any sense.
So I will have to just see what happens its surley not going to be the yeild I thought it might but I have been wrong before a few times lol.
Today marks the day of planting the Deep Purple seeds I purchasedd from Harborside. It is a cross between Purple Urkle and Querkle. Which Querkle is a cross of Space Queen and Purple Urkle. I still am perplexed at the thousands of silly ass names they give pot today, being an old timer of 46 I can remember the days when your choices were Brown, Red , Thai, and Sens. Today its much more diverse, but fun to explore all the strains.
So I got the Deep Purple planted in some Fox farms ocean forest and have them in my window sill in the bathroom. So my plan is to have these ready to go in the room as the others are ready to go out.

Here is the pkg for the seeds that were planted today.

Deep_Purple.JPG

Here is the latest news and it isnt good , the garden has seem to taken a turn for the worse. I dont know what is up maybe temps in the high 50's in the night cycle? maybe too much nutes? I flushed tonight but dont know if these can be saved. Even the Grape ape which was doing really good has turned. I cant get a decent reading on my ph Ihave bought twp different ones at OSH and the Depot but always get same reading. I heard somewhee that possibly the salt build up from nutes and such require weekly flushing that I havent done.Then its the question of venting I thought I had good venting but in the night cycle I am getting readings of 80% humidity. When lights are on its around 50%. All plant have gotten discoloration and the clones are leaning bad like no strentgh in the stalks and branches they are just falling over. The only thing I did different was the new nute but I used it sparingly or at least I thought called dark energy made by a company called humboldt. So I have discontinued that for the time being but it is a nutreint additive to suppliment regular main nutes. The guy at the hydro store swore by it telling me many large growers use it with great success. Any thoughts or comments greatly appreciated its turned into the death crop!
Grape ape first its leaves are turning copper and seem to be wilting.
copper_grape.JPG

leaning_ape.JPG

copper_ape.JPG

here is purple urkle then the whole room bad lighting cant see the severity I mean you can but not to the degree you can in person

death_urkle.JPG

strange.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/death_room.JPG

:oops: :helpsmile:

Thanks for your plea my buddu from Oregon (my future home hopefully) I have made some changes in the room trying to cut down on humidity.
I am also going to start the BC bloom feeding schedule for flowering stage after a good flush.
Buds strangly enough are looking good on the unknown strains and the ape.

Thanks for your plea my buddu from Oregon (my future home hopefully) I have made some changes in the room trying to cut down on humidity.
I am also going to start the BC bloom feeding schedule for flowering stage after a good flush.
Buds strangly enough are looking good on the unknown strains and the ape.

I think you did the right thing by flushing. Looked like over watering/humidity to me too. How do you know when to water them?

Nice to hear from my pal Oldmedman! I am going by the pot lifting method when it feels light I figure its time to water about every three days. But when the lights are off the humidity reaches over 70% close to 80. Once the lights are back on within twenty minutes it lowers to 50% to 60%. One the good news front though the Deep Purple seeds have sprouted today. I will upload some more pics today hopefully.
Back to the watering issue and the humidity prob I have setup another fan one blowing in one blowing out and of course the inline fan which cools the hood. Maybe enough air movement will decrease the humidity. It also has been unusually stromy as of late maybe when the raining stops it will help with the high humidity. Since the room is in the garage it parlays the temp and humidity into the garage.

Hey Xcite, can you take a pic w/out HPS. My buddy had a plant that looked like that. Turned out to be lock out. His ph was way to high. Just a thought!:cool:

Glad you commented Velodrone thats what I was thinking too it appears to have all the symptons of high PH and certain nute lock out. I must get a decent ph tester.
Thanks vel for the info, your awesome dude!

Below I have the room at 6 weeks and some shots of Grape Ape the prize plant at this moment. Also have a shot of the unknown strain that is starting to look like a afghani hash plant it is really crystally and smells of sweet skunk , Indo? hmm. She definatly is the rooms best smelling plant. Then I have a shot of the lanky unknown strain that has seemed to shed all the shade leafs but the buds are enormous and looking like fat trichome balls. Lastly I have enclosed my next project. I planted the Deep Purple seeds and they have been in for almost two weeks. The photos show the make shift grow box a rubbermaid container with mylar and two shop lights until they get big enough to go in the room. I am going to have high hope for the DP crop.

room_at_6.JPG

grape_ape_plant_at_6_wks.JPG

Grape_Ape_6_wks.JPG
]

budzilla_6_wks.JPG

lanky_plant_6_wks.JPG

setup_mini_greenhouse.JPG

deep_seeds_11_days.JPG

:smoke:

What a great garden you have.:cheer: The Grape Ape is gorgeous.
I have looked all over for Grape Ape seeds, but I thinks clones are all that's out there. It is really popular so its just a matter of time.
Love your newborns, they look like they are enjoying their young lives.:grinjoint:

Thank you Oldmedman, for your kind words buddy. I am going to try with the deep purple plants to clone and eventually seed a couple of branches to obtain some deep purple seeds. This grow journal will just end up parlaying its self inot the deep purple grow. If it succeeds I will send you some seeds my friend. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Again thanks Oldmedman for the visit and comments always appriceiated.

Back
Top Bottom