The Frugal Growmet cherry poppin grow

Thank you Oldmedman, for your kind words buddy. I am going to try with the deep purple plants to clone and eventually seed a couple of branches to obtain some deep purple seeds. This grow journal will just end up parlaying its self inot the deep purple grow. If it succeeds I will send you some seeds my friend. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Again thanks Oldmedman for the visit and comments always appriceiated.

Hi again Buddy. That would be very gracious of you. I thank you. I do have to warn you thou Soniq420 will probably remove your last post, We can't barter or give away stuff on 420. Take it from me. I have accidentally posted some stuff on here before. So many I think of him as a close friend now. :grinjoint: PMs work better. :peace::rofl:

Absolutely beautiful plants you've got there: nice little room!

Thank you so much for the kind words. Hey Ultrasonic I was checking out your forum on stress for THC and I like it a great deal. Good job I'll be watching the experiment with High hopes. +reps to you my brother.:grinjoint:

Quick Update Just a couple of pics to show the progress of the Deep Purple seeds. All but one has sprouted which from what I understand normal rate is 8 sprouts per ten. So I guess I will be happy with 9 since I just dropped them in soil and started watering natures way. i just have them in plantable pots and under 2 75 watt fluroescents. So they will be planted in some 6 " pots and put into the room.

solo_dp_feb_2.JPG

deep_purple_feb2_room.JPG

deep_purple_2_feb.JPG

Not a bad ratio, I'd say.:popcorn:
I love little ones. I have few going for my next grow. Its crazy how different the are. 5 I just put right 6" pots and put them under a ton of CFLs and they all popped up in tree days. The others I did like you in jiffy kind of pots and put them in a dark closet and they all popped up in three days too, except these grew right to the top and were 3" tall. Supported them with tooth picks. You never now whats gonna happen. Guess that's why we like it.:grinjoint:

I think I 'm going to be more xcited about this grow. I have learned quite a bit more than 2 months ago and will see what a difference it will make. Thanks my bud brother for checking in on your apprentice always honored.
I'm down with OMM ya u know me.

OMM=oldmedman

I think I 'm going to be more xcited about this grow. I have learned quite a bit more than 2 months ago and will see what a difference it will make. Thanks my bud brother for checking in on your apprentice always honored.
I'm down with OMM ya u know me.

OMM=oldmedman

Yep, down with you too. My friend.:grinjoint:

May we both do better this time. :peace:

Well my devoted followers I think these will be the last photos of the 1st grow. Somehow I lost track of the time and I realized I am in the 8th week actually the ninth will be sunday. So I think butch time will come tomorrow. Before I do though I would like some of my good buddues here to maybe assist me with their opinions. The first photos are the trichomes under 100 x with my crappy little cannon.

feb_9_last_throws_020.JPG

feb_9_last_throws_022.JPG

feb_9_last_throws_019.JPG

I am confused in the fact that I thought the trichomes went from clear to cloudy to amber at the very start of the amber state is when you yank However I am finding clear and amber without cloudy maybe its my eyes and the fact they might be getting worn hehe.

On to the 5 survivors of this soemwhat frustrating grow of more downs than ups or at least compared to the outdoor grow I had that was under cared for and produced like mad, and indoors where so much time and money was spent trying to acheive half of what the outdoors did, fail. I will say this in conclusion this grow has taught me quite a bit. The most important was the meeting of the great people that have viewed in and gave me advise and freindship I thank you and hope you will continue to follow the next grow Deep Purple.
:yummy:

feb_9_last_throws_015.JPG

Grape Ape top

feb_9_last_throws_009.JPG

This was the unknown plant it has the biggest bud very odd My bid tells me it looks like an afghani hash plant I tend to agree anyway I call her afghani so I can at least have a label for him when its bud picture time.

feb_9_last_throws_030.JPG

Here is the purple urkle clone a big dissapontment at just over a foot tall she was a very slow grower and was the most tempermental. Funny thing is although it has the smallest buds of all plants she smells the best .

feb_9_last_throws_028.JPG

Here is the top to the plant I referred to as lanky the unknown seed. She is the tallest of the three at over 3 feet tall and has unusual nuggets. They are fat and hardly any pistols. But the fat tops are snowy and dense. For the bud pics to come I will call her Indo for to me it resembles an indica plant.

So there it is I will continue now with the DP grow and here is a hellova start my little wiener pup went into grow room and decided to eat the small seddlings lol. I was so pissed 80 bucks of seeds in my dogs stomach!!! But upon further review thankfully she had only taken a leaf or two off of each one really bad left almost just the stem. They are recovering really well I surprised and shocked but hey I'll take it and also I have learned not to leave the door open when dog is in.:grinjoint:

No worries :smokin: Life has its up and downs and that is what makes the good times awesome and the bad times laughable in retrospect.
:slide:

Hi Xcit420 Well, I saw all three, clear, cloudy, and amber.:surf:
Maybe you were high.:surf:

You just gave me the impression that you are stopping this grow. Hope not, I want to see the harvest and body count afterwards. Dogs and cats can smell the good stuff. Can't blame them. Sorry your kind of disappointed about things. I can sure relate to that.:smokin: Lot of time and money spent on the this grow, but you have learned allot, so maybe its a push that way.
Hope I misinterpreted your comments and you will continue. I for one would miss you my friend.:grinjoint:

I must have been stoned if I sounded like I was quitting, by no means I just harvested the plants. They were not growing anymore the last week and starting to die off it looked like, I saw amber on all plants and it was going into the 9th week. I think it was time for that batch but I have HIGH hopes for the next deep purple grow. Although the mutt ate some leaves off the seedling they survived and are growing really good. maybe it was a form of natural stress lol. It seemed to have worked Ill post pics tomorrow of harvested plants and new ones.
Might start a new journal.
Thanks for your support OMM you rock bro.

I must have been stoned if I sounded like I was quitting, by no means I just harvested the plants. They were not growing anymore the last week and starting to die off it looked like, I saw amber on all plants and it was going into the 9th week. I think it was time for that batch but I have HIGH hopes for the next deep purple grow. Although the mutt ate some leaves off the seedling they survived and are growing really good. maybe it was a form of natural stress lol. It seemed to have worked Ill post pics tomorrow of harvested plants and new ones.
Might start a new journal.
Thanks for your support OMM you rock bro.

Man,
I hope they surprise hell out of you when they cure.:ganjamon:
Hope springs eternal. Yea, glad I misinterpreted.:ganjamon:
I was saying to myself "Don't Do That". :ganjamon:

Ok guys here are a couple of pics of the plants after harvest and some minor manicuring.
Most of the plants were very airy but the budzilla plant the one that looked like a afghani is very dense and very sticky but it has me wondering if it is indeed a pot plant. Very unusual plant in the fact that it had no pistols and so dense it was almost hard to manicure it. Anyway I will be posting more in a new journal I think I will call it the deep purple parade but I am open to suggestions ona good name . OMM any ideas ?
last_stand_022.JPG

last_stand_019.JPG

last_stand_012.JPG

What a haul Buddy:bravo::bravo:

Purple Parade sounds good
Purple Paradise
Purple Passion
Perfect Purple
The Purple Pit
The Color Purple
Xcit420 Does Purple Again
Xcit420 Exciting Purple Grow
Xcit420 is at it again

Buddy, You can dry it that way, I've seen others do it that way. However, as long as you have the buds touching you run a real risk of getting mold. If your room is dark and yet has a little circulation. That will help.

Many of us are starting to use big cardboard boxes and hanging each stem so they will not touch. Then maybe 2 or 3 times a day open the box for a few minutes. Do that until you can snap a stem and it cracks. Then start your long term cure in glass bottles. Like canning Quart Bottles that seal by hand. After 3 weeks or a month. They will have gotten much stronger and better to smoke. You probably know all this already. But just in case.:ganjamon:
The longer the cure, the better they get.
Those purple babes look so good.:thumb:

Thanks OMM very good idea on the drying tip thank you.
I love all the names you offered Now I have to choose the best one , damn too many good choices,lol. Your are good OMM.

ultrasonic- Thanks bro for the reply

veledrone- Thanks buddy for the acknowledgemnet I am not worthy :) hehe

You guys are awesome.

Dried pics come next.

Ok buds, Its been a couple of weeks sorry for my laziness. Here are the final pics of the buds. The total on the grape ape was 71 grams, Purple Urkle yeilded 61 grams that was two plants the grape ape was one. Then the two odd ball plants the unknown strains both appeared to be skunk/ afghani variety they brought in 71 grams total for a grand total of 203 grams in all 5 plants. Not exaclty what I was hoping on but not too bad for the amount of troubles I had with yellowing and the likes.
Here they are dried bud form.
Grape_on_bong.JPG

final_pics_cheery_poppin_017.JPG

final_pics_cheery_poppin_027.JPG

Purple_Urk_close_up.JPG

final_pics_cheery_poppin_020.JPG

final_pics_cheery_poppin_029.JPG

I will be starting my next grow journal it will be called The Purple Pit .
Thanks to my friend OMM for the great idea.

Hello, My friend I know this was a disappointment for you, the buds That you did get looks good, though nothing like you expected. To tell the truth, I veg inside and them move em out side. I can't wait to get them outside. Indoors my plants just go through hell. Much like your experience. I want them to get 2 or 3 ', so when they go outside they really start putting out. When it's cold its boring, so we do what we can to grow some indoors. Sorry buddy, I'm feeling like sh*t right now, I have bad days an this one was a bitch.
I'll be looking for you mate. Take care of your self. :goodluck:

Hello, My friend I know this was a disappointment for you, the buds That you did get looks good, though nothing like you expected. To tell the truth, I veg inside and them move em out side. I can't wait to get them outside. Indoors my plants just go through hell. Much like your experience. I want them to get 2 or 3 ', so when they go outside they really start putting out. When it's cold its boring, so we do what we can to grow some indoors. Sorry buddy, I'm feeling like sh*t right now, I have bad days an this one was a bitch.
I'll be looking for you mate. Take care of your self. :goodluck:

Sorry to hear about your bad day bro, We all get them and I guess the bottom line would be did we survive em and if the answer is yes well then we have one to grow on. You know what they " that which doesn't kill us will only make us stronger". Your a respected pillar in this community and we all adore you, infact just hearing the good old med man in anything but positive mindset worries me. My thoughts are with you my brother and the hopes of a better tomorrow I send to thee.
Take care buddy I will be checking on you.:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom