Ok, so I added the minerals I used this last round in my mix to my top dress mixture. I added the powdered dolomite lime at half of the others since I don't have prilled.

I'd never ever heard of "prilled" before in my life. Am I becoming a gardening snob? Like, no, the dolomite lime you so generously offered me doesn't meet my standards. Sorry, you commoner off-the-shelf gardener.....

Ok, so I added the minerals I used this last round in my mix to my top dress mixture. I added the powdered dolomite lime at half of the others since I don't have prilled.

I'd never ever heard of "prilled" before in my life. Am I becoming a gardening snob? Like, no, the dolomite lime you so generously offered me doesn't meet my standards. Sorry, you commoner off-the-shelf gardener.....
Disclaimer **Gee takes no responsibility if powdered dolomite is used anywhere** 🤣🤣🤣

Hey @Keffka - wouldn’t you know it, but today I found myself with the exact same problem you had. My bottom ring was at 950 (great) but my top four middle colas topped out at 1650 ppfd!!! (See first “before” picture you’ll understand). This is obviously way too high in my bedroom closet with no CO2, lol. In my case it was only one plant, not a jungle. Lol. I hate pulling branches down but you gotta do what you gotta do. But since mine was way easier than yours I managed to get it all the way to the point of becoming a real canopy. I also had the advantage of it being organic (so no MSA thus softer branches) and being early enough in flower that the stems were still not at their final firmness. So check out this before and after shot of my Strawberry Banana auto semi organic (FFOF/California Super Soil/Amendments) in my bedroom closet in a 7.

IMG_6207.jpeg

IMG_6211.jpeg

Just wrapped up a lovely morning session in the garden. Watered to soak while i had a coffee, then topdressed with geoflora and a myco drench with great white.
Group photo, notice the staggered heights, smallest plants dont get direct sunlight until late morning
20240525_084230.jpg

Wild Lady, reach for the sun little darling!
20240525_084045.jpg

Iklwa doing great
20240525_084111.jpg

Found some bag seed from my last grow and decided to plant it. Never grew a male plant so I'm thinking its a male and its gots to go! Please confirm...
20240525_084731.jpg

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Looking Good G! The shorties will catch, they just need time. Too bad about the male. They all have great color👍👊.

Hey Gee,

What kind of soil did you wind up using for your seed programming plant?

I’ve got one started out in a peat puck, then on day 5 transplanted to cup of sand & perlite. Figured shitty soil was one thing but aiming to avoid drainage / aeration problems. It’s funny to need to remind yourself- yo dude no nutes, no fish, no top dressing- just plain water for this one.

Reminds me, need to light block that cup

I used a mix called The Answer. Its peat and bark and nothing else. Just carbon. It's a raw organic base to build your own mix out of. Basically its the filler in a mix.

I hear you. Everyone else gets top dressing and fish water and they just get to watch🤣

RVDV Clones - Day 7 of Flower.
20240525_164044.jpg

#1.

20240525_164101.jpg

#3.

20240525_163959.jpg

#4 still vegging.

20240525_163954.jpg

#2 still vegging.

20240525_163946.jpg

Day 59. I couldn't take it anymore. I don't know if they will live, I suspect they will but it's ugly.

Daddy broke down a day early and gave them a generous dose of EWC and some fish water.

@Azimuth how are the plants doing?

Where are you at? how many top waters vs reservoir fills?

What are your plants happiest at on the water stick meter?

How about another brix reading?

Did the dolo water help or hurt?

You should be starting to see changes by now.

So I was going thru some history and I realized something.

Normally I grow in 2 ways. One is to start in solos and either uppot to a 1.6gal, then again to final pot, or solo to final, and the other is to start in the final pot.

The reason I started sprouting in the final pot was because root autopsies were showing me that each uppot left a distinct scar inside the rootball.

You could still see the smaller containers as you carved the outer roots back, in succession from solo to mid to final, and at each layer less arteries came through into the new soil.

When I started in finals that didn't happen and the end result was a much fuller bag of roots with all the arteries growing into the entire bag.

This appealed to me so it became my preferred route, even tho it was trickier to water at first.

With the TMSC's, and my oopsie with the double calciumed soil to start, I had to dig the plants out, rinse the roots bare, and uppot, twice. I don't know if that helped or hindered but the RV1 that I just culled and dissected had the best roots of any plant I have ever grown in a 7gal cube.

By a noticably fair margin.

So I don't know if it's the TMSC genetics, the "seed programming" (if thats even really a thing?), the extreme calcium boost, or the root washings.

I kind of suspect it was the root washing.

Have any of you ever had to pop a plant out, completely wash the soil from the roots and replant it, and if so, how well was the outcome and did you carve the rootball open after harvest?

If anyone has an extra plant growing from seed and would like to try root washing before uppotting to a final container, the floor is all yours.

I may have gotten lucky that it didn't kill them, but I root washed 3 and all 3 flourished without so much as a wilting, so I am hoping to repeat that.

If someone can try and their plant gets ugly, no shame in that because it may actually be the "seed programming" at work and not the washing.

I would try it again, and I will, but I simply don't have room and I need to focus on a good non-experimental grow on some TMSC seeds in Rev's mix before I get side tracked by science.

I need to mix some soil and get it cooking.

Any takers? We will all give you any help we can along the way, just have myco ready to redust the roots after the wash.

Keff, you available for some co-coaching if we get a taker? If root-washing doubles your arteries this could be huge.

Strain doesn't matter so if you have some seeds laying around that you likely will never grow, thats fine, it's more the roots after harvest I'm interested in.

If it's a strain you are familiar with that would be better, but not nescessary.

It only works from seed, not clone.
Ah, good to know.

But, just doesn't work as well, or doesn't work? The theory seems like it would be applicable to clones in that fewer colas mean each would be bigger.

I get that since there are alternating branches one side is always higher than the other and therefore theoretically would tend to be dominant and some would be bigger than the others. But on seedlings I have seen one of the two opposite branches clearly more dominant than the other; bigger, healthier, etc.

I don't grow enough from seed to know how common that is, but it was noticeable to me.

Ah, good to know.

But, just doesn't work as well, or doesn't work? The theory seems like it would be applicable to clones in that fewer colas mean each would be bigger.

I get that since there are alternating branches one side is always higher than the other and therefore theoretically would tend to be dominant and some would be bigger than the others. But on seedlings I have seen one of the two opposite branches clearly more dominant than the other; bigger, healthier, etc.

I don't grow enough from seed to know how common that is, but it was noticeable to me.
It has to do with apical dominance. Prior to sexual maturity it can be spread equally if light is equal, so off the same node.

The 3rd node is the strongest and most balanced and can easily be topped 3 times to 8 tops on the 5th node, almost always once more to 16 at the 6th node if desired, and 50/50 or a bit less again at the 7th node to 32.

From clone apical dominance is hard wired to the highest node available, so staggering is a factor in dominance.

Blocking or promoting light can change that, but the size of the plumbing inside the plant will always be dominant to the cola with best light when dominance is established.

No topping and the one main holds dominance.

3rd node from seed gives the best results.

1st sucks and is almost always unbalanced, 2nd is great but the best clones come from there. 3rd is Da Bomb.

Clones are better quaded than manifolded.

TMSC - Day 54 of Flower.

20240525_164130.jpg

Mutey is fading fast now too.

20240525_164202.jpg

Here is her trunk down bottom.

20240525_164211.jpg

This is the top 3 feet of it.

20240525_164122.jpg

Iklwa.

20240525_164446.jpg

Her 6 mains.

20240525_164455.jpg

20240525_164502.jpg

20240525_164508.jpg
The TMSC looks like two Sasquatch with their backs to us, standing side by side and staring at something in the ground. Lol! The colas are amazing. Think Mutey got so ridiculous because there’s only six mains? That seems way low so I’d expect huge colas but Jesus man, yours are just silly.

The TMSC looks like two Sasquatch with their backs to us, standing side by side and staring at something in the ground. Lol! The colas are amazing. Think Mutey got so ridiculous because there’s only six mains? That seems way low so I’d expect huge colas but Jesus man, yours are just silly.
Its a mutation called polyploidism. The 2nd node grew them so I pruned the rest of the plant above the 2nd node out to watch these 2. Weird Science (que 80's soundtrack and hottie dancing with feathered hair)

TMSC - Day 55 of Flower.
20240526_173235.jpg

20240526_173012.jpg

Iklwa's mains are really chunking up now.

20240526_173110.jpg

Soil moisture is good. She is drinking slow now.

RVDV Clones - Day 8 of Flower.
20240526_173245.jpg

Clones are so sparse compared to seed grows.

20240526_173330.jpg

The longer veg is bushing #2.

20240526_173119.jpg

20240526_173336.jpg

Day 1 since "programming". They aren't any better but at least they aren't getting worse today. Thats a change, they spiralled every day in the last week. I'm still not sire if they will live. I think I might uppot 2 and wash the roots on thec3rd then uppot, but 1st they get a few days of fish water and EWC to recover. I also ran out of Myco so it will be a few days til 'Zon ships it.

Back
Top Bottom