I just realized that I ordered the wrong LED's with the D series Vero 29. I actually need the high voltage C series to work with my driver. I'm glad that I caught this before I burned them up. Man I would have been pissed. I filled out a return authorization and will order the right ones when they come back in stock. After some research, I also now know what driver goes with the UV LEDS.
Updated Diagram is below:

MoonShot 2.0.jpg

I noticed that when my grow is dialed in, I tend to pay attention to it less and less. And I like it that way. However, it also allows bullshit to creep up on me from not paying attention.
It seems that the Liberty Haze is not tolerating the UV spectrum very well.

For example, let's look at the Beautiful Chemdawg:

LUN01200.JPG
LUN01201.JPG
LUN01202.JPG
LUN01203.JPG

Nice developing blanket of trichomes and the pistils are nice and white. Perfect.

Now look at the Liberty Haze:

LUN01205.JPG
LUN01206.JPG
LUN01208.JPG

It seems to have even more trichomes developing, but the pistils are turning almost 50% brown and the cola's aren't as thick as the Chem's. Now this may just be us witnessing in real time that Barney's genetics aren't as good as Humboldt's, or it may be that the Liberty Haze strain just can't handle the amount of UV being thrown at it, but regardless, I needed to adjust the UV spectrum to halt this crap immediately. The UV spectrum is now on for just 1 minute at the beginning of each hour from 12 to 4 pm. I also had to give the plants damn near 5 gallons of water today. Average temp is 79.3 F and Humidity 45%.

I don't know how this will all turn out as far as the quality of the product between the Liberty and the Chem, but from what I'm seeing right now at least,

The Chemdawg seems to be a much healthier and robust plant.

Maybe that's why the seeds are damn near a hundred bucks.

:thedoubletake:

It is more likely the genetics between the two and sometimes you have to adjust for the way they feed in mid bloom or late bloom.Up some nutes and dial down the nutes for certain strains.
Chems tend to be pigs for cal mag around this time but the Liberty is saying dial it down a bit for her.

I think I would rather just grow Chemdawgs! LOL

First few times i smoked it was almost too much lol.
Start off with a couple of tokes then wait.

And in the Dynavap overdoing it means 10X as bad. LOL I'm not even sure why I picked the Liberty Haze. I can't remember. I think it was because it was closer to 50/50?

Seems like you got your own house of dankness now. :)

Regarding the carbon in filters it can be reactivated if washed in water with lime at pH 14. We done this with carbon water filters but it needs to be washed a few times with normal water to get the lime out. But it works.

Your new moonshot looks neat. Will be nice to see it running. :)

Back
Top Bottom