The Green Turtle's First Try At Indoor

Get on YouTube and watch some time lapses so you can see how the plant grows through the phases, this will give you an idea of what to expect!

Then you can kind of picture what you want your plant to look like, and with the knowledge of where branches will form etc. You can kind of start planning and manipulating for that basic shape, refining it as the plant grows!

You'll get an idea of what your plants can handle pretty quick, I definitely snapped a couple branches but they keep rocking so don't be scared! I'm on my first time lst'ing as well! It's a little nerve wracking at first but if You watch and listen to your plants you'll get it!
Anyone you would recommend in particular? I've tried looking but seems like person A uploads conflicting with person B and person C is just spouting B.S. Which do I listen to?

Verde - I'm with you. I've never LST'd and it is a bit intimidating. I'm afraid I'll snap the stem and kill the little girl. I still have at least 2 months before I drop my next beans so studying lots of grows ...
Yea, I'm just use to outdoors let em grow into big ole trees (redwoods in my imagination) lol

I just meant look up time lapses of grows for example a whole grow condensed into a 4 minute slide show, just to give you an idea of how the plants grow! Then you can kind of play with your plants and see how they like it!

I personally didn't look at any tutorials, all plants are different so I just decided to go at it with a crazy idea n see how they do! You kinda gotta feel your plant out and learn it's tolerance but once you get your hands on them it'll get familiar quick!

Sorry I don't have any good recommendations lol I'm kind of a wing it kinda guy!

Actually though check out Stupidfaces journal! He kicked butt with his lst!

I just meant look up time lapses of grows for example a whole grow condensed into a 4 minute slide show, just to give you an idea of how the plants grow! Then you can kind of play with your plants and see how they like it!

I personally didn't look at any tutorials, all plants are different so I just decided to go at it with a crazy idea n see how they do! You kinda gotta feel your plant out and learn it's tolerance but once you get your hands on them it'll get familiar quick!

Sorry I don't have any good recommendations lol I'm kind of a wing it kinda guy!
As am I.. Ok well main issue is.. Where or what do you slide your tie down on... The branch it self and ease it down? I'm confused on execution more than anything I get the concept in all terms I just can't find good close up shot of how people are attaching and where

I'll take a couple pics that shows my lst when I do my nightly update tonight so you can see how I do it!

Usually I clip the ties to the edge of my pot though sometimes I just let them rest on the branches if gravity is enough to keep the branches down. Then on the plant end I either rest the tie on the new growth and be sure not to block anything or I'll wrap it around nodes or fan leaves and pull it towards the edge of the pot and clip it!

I'll try to get some pics to go with that explanation when I can get clear photos tonight

I'll take a couple pics that shows my lst when I do my nightly update tonight so you can see how I do it!

Usually I clip the ties to the edge of my pot though sometimes I just let them rest on the branches if gravity is enough to keep the branches down. Then on the plant end I either rest the tie on the new growth and be sure not to block anything or I'll wrap it around nodes or fan leaves and pull it towards the edge of the pot and clip it!

I'll try to get some pics to go with that explanation when I can get clear photos tonight
That'd be fantastic! Thank you so much! This community really is some of the best!

I'll try to remember to droppem in here too, forgive me if I forget I'll make sure I gettem in here by tomorrow If not when i do my update in 4 hours!

I stay up to date on your journal so I'll see em either way!
Sweet! I'm sure there's other methods out there, the first time I did a poorly made scrog out of basically a coat hanger and some cheap twine and rested that on top of my plant and made it grow out and support that thing XD that was when I was like 15 or something .

But it did work! Plants are adaptable, they'll keep reaching up for light so it's just about manipulating the way they grow and keeping them in check!

Sweet! I'm sure there's other methods out there, the first time I did a poorly made scrog out of basically a coat hanger and some cheap twine and rested that on top of my plant and made it grow out and support that thing XD that was when I was like 15 or something .

But it did work! Plants are adaptable, they'll keep reaching up for light so it's just about manipulating the way they grow and keeping them in check!
That's good to know! I just don't want to hurt my yield too bad.. Thats my concern

Update! Girls finally got thirsty Soni gave em each a little drink :D around 8 oz each 4 oz around outer rim 2 oz in the middle and last 2 right in the middle :D

420-magazine-mobile691885148.jpg

Group shot! Yay!

420-magazine-mobile1112124963.jpg

Blue Amnesia #1

420-magazine-mobile536138497.jpg

Blue Amnesia #2

420-magazine-mobile1848740792.jpg

Blue Amnesia #3 (yellowing a little I'm assuming/hoping it's just the FFOF soil) if not advice always welcome!

420-magazine-mobile538835524.jpg

Fast Buds #2

420-magazine-mobile10268774.jpg

420-magazine-mobile834078625.jpg

Both of those are Miss Tangiematic :D

Lookin good my friend keep up the work maybe ur problem is nitrogen defiencie ..
Really? What's the solution for that? It's the only one showing this issue.. I ph water before Every feeding.. Its a very stable 6-6.5 hasn't been outside of that.. No temp spikes.. My humidity did drop today while at work.. Dropped to like 35% just trying to be thorough

Ye true why aint the rest the same ur feedin them all the same . Im not 100% but im sure ul c in the nxt day or so does she perk bk up . Maybe sum1 else could help happy growin mate good work

They look good!

Try running your ph a bit higher, 6.4 to 6.6 is usually pretty good in soil! Might help!

Remember that your watering ph and medium ph are two different things, soil will even become more acidic as it dries, and goes through a grow cycle! Not something to worry too much about but definitely consider!

Bump your watering ph up a bit over the next couple water a and see if it helps! Your doing good!

They look good!

Try running your ph a bit higher, 6.4 to 6.6 is usually pretty good in soil! Might help!

Remember that your watering ph and medium ph are two different things, soil will even become more acidic as it dries, and goes through a grow cycle! Not something to worry too much about but definitely consider!

Bump your watering ph up a bit over the next couple water a and see if it helps! Your doing good!
Thanks Big, I will definitely bump it up for sure!

N I thought this would be a cool reference, a chart that shows what's absorbed at what ph for soil and hydro! I this helpful for me anyways
420-magazine-mobile598000482.jpg

N here's some pics of lst technique I've been using
420-magazine-mobile1658274867.jpg

Holding down my main stem with a big wire-the main stem wants to grow up and pushes with considerable force so it takes work to keep it down
420-magazine-mobile2090034737.jpg

Here you can see I'm separating the leading branches, 2 more are coming in so I'm making space for them by adjusting the big branches!
420-magazine-mobile1294337521.jpg

Here you can see how I seperate her branches to let more light in to lower regions
420-magazine-mobile1477633322.jpg

And an overall shot after some lst

Basically using clips n those ties you can kind of play around and focus on spreading branches out- I'm going for a total blanket over my pots but you can totally train them however you want! I think in that article on lst I even saw a plant grown like a spiral hedge!

420-magazine-mobile1835803725.jpg

Low and wide baby .

Lol sorry I said I'd get those photos in here but had a busy day yesterday- hope this helps with your lst endeavour! Feel free to ask questions for clarity! It's definitely not a professional technique by any means, just what's been working for me! I still say check out Stupidfaces journal cause his lst is the bomb n he is running autos, he's doing a great job .

Morning bud! XD sorry I tend to go on when I'm sober . cheers!

Back
Top Bottom