The Grow by 916Grow! Indoor Grow From Nothing to Green

***THE UPDATE***

Alright everyone due to the fact that I cant sleep tonight the update is here! Lets dab and begin

:Rasta::lot-o-toke::yummy:

Plants!
4th_095.JPG
4th_096.JPG
4th_097.JPG
4th_098.JPG

These babies are doing wonderfully for the circumstances! This last week I was in the hospital for about 4 days but luckily watered the day b4 I went so I got away with not needing another until I got home. Lucky for me they just keep growing and beautifully at that. The monster is going on its 4th week soon. I think its time I do some reading and take some clones b4 I finish up the tent and get the girls under the 1000w for the 12/12 cycle.

***Other updates I won a raffle with a local MMJ shop and got a pretty sweet Zob piece! ***:bravo:
4th_094.JPG

:yummy:This thing hits like a champ! For information sake that is a Highly Educated Domeless Nail and a 18mm stem I believe.

:surf:Other news I got in all my gear for making some killer BHO. Just going to have to pick up a griddle and we are solid as far as the cooking procedure goes. Heres a look at that stuff for you guys!
4th_076.JPG

:rofl:Over the last 2 days me and the girl took a trip up to Big Bear Lake to relax for a bit and brought everything you could think of as far as smoking goes but forgot a GRINDER!! :goodjob: so I jumped on -------- for directions to the closest shop. At first all I wanted was a grinder but I ended up walking out of that shop with all types of goodies!

7grams of NICE og! and 8 seeds for under 100$!:420:
4th_083.JPG

4th_080.JPG

And Finaly one last pic of the new piece! Thanks for reading and hope you stick around
!:Namaste::thumb::thanks::blunt::roorrip:
4th_092.JPG

So I was wondering do you guys think I should take cuttings from the lower strong leaves/stems for clones to make room for these new bud spots to get light on the bigger plant?

If I do this does it add to veg time or delay it being flipped to flower?

you can take a cutting from anyplace on the cannabis plant even the top. when your cannabis plants are in high vegetative growth usually the plants are able to make up the difference in 7-10 days.

Thanks KingJohn,

I cant decide if I want to take cuttings from the bottom of the plant and attempt to take some clones or just go ahead and let these plants do their course and get ready for these 5 aloha kush seeds or 3 madman og seeds. I think its time I stop putting off building an actual enclosed area for these plants and get some mylar going so these plants can make full use of the light. Im quite suprised by how big the afghani alone has grown under these cfls and makes me wonder if flowering these "auto wonder plants" under the cfl just to test power. Then again though I do have this 4x4 space with a 1000w light sitting above it unused yet so I might as well get these plants under the big light for the flower period.

I was also wondering what your take would be on when to flip to flower. The afghani is coming up on its 4th week and the smaller plants are trailing about 1 week behind. The aghani I dont really know much about being a bag seed I found other then its a strong indica and appears to grow very compact and very strong. Although the other plants are suppose to be 60 day complete plants so Im guessing that forces my hand to flip them around the 4th week. I also have the free seed sitting in with the other 5 somewhere which is a sativa and will surely have a longer flower time. I think what I will end up doing will be to put the afghani in the flower tent 1 week early OR take clones today and let it heal up for a week and throw all the plants in the flower tent at once and gives me a week to test out temps.

if you have the room in your tent assuming it is 6' tall i would place them in your tent now and if you do not have a Metal Halide light bulb i would use your High Pressure Sodium light bulb for vegetative growth. i would keep your plants in a vegetative growth phase with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness until they are 12"-18" tall then flower them with 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. your plants will likely grow 2x-3x in height during the first 3 weeks of flower and reach 3'-4.5' in height. i would supercrop the tallest of your plants to even the canopy and maximize the amount of light all your plants get as this is your first grow with these strains. clones could be taken any time during vegetative growth just make sure you can get at least a 3"-4" long cutting. can you take some more photographs of your tent to show us how you have your carbon filter, cooltube and ventilation set up? what are your temperatures in your tent with the light at 100% power? have a look at how i have my ventilation set up in my grow journal KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal. i intake air through the carbon filter to the cooltube then to my inline fan then out through a window.

i find taking clones from the bottom of the plant allows the top of the plant to produce bigger buds,

basically if you remove the lower branches that are not getting much light then once these are off the plant the plant is no longer using energy trying to keep these lower branches alive, so the plant then focusses all its energy and nutrient on the main bud sites and the branches that are getting the most light,

a while back i did read something that the branches lower down contain more of the rooting hormones compared with cuttings taken higher up the plant, but ive only come across this info once so take it as you like, but i prefer to take the smaller weaker branches that are lower down the plant as clones as these will normally only end up as popcorn buds so why waste energy on these when they can be used to turn into clones and you will benefit more from them been clones than you would if you let them flower,

how ever if you wanted to keep the strain going but did not want to take clones or say the clones dont root then you do have another option, their is a reveg, basically after harvest you just leave a tiny amount of growth on the plant, usually the inner lower down buds that are not worth keeping, so just a couple of tiny buds and a few leaves left on the plant, then put it back under a veg schedule, id use 24-0 or 20-4 until its back in veg then use the schedule you normally use,

when you reveg the following happens,
week 1 you will notice very little going on, their wont be any change in the bits of the plant you left growing,
week 2 you will now start to notice some single bladed leaves growing out the small buds and the leaves around the buds will start to grow, the growth will be very strange with deformed leaves but this is normal with a reveg,
week 3, after the deformed leaves growth will start to settle down and the plant will be back in veg, now your left with a monster cropped plant, this means many many more branches, you could take 20 or 30 clones and still have a very nice plant to flower,

ive revegged the same plant several times, works well and the monster cropped plant means some crazy branches and very high numbers of branches, i got one growing at the minute,

Thanks guys! KingJohn I took a look at your set up for venting and I'm just a little confused. I see that you have your outlet fan attached to the outside wall pulling air straight through the filter but I must be missing the fan airing your tube and inline fan. If you could break this down for me I would greatly appreciate it. I believe what you have is what I originally wanted but was worried it would still get to hot.

What I've set up with at this point is 3 seperate fans for each job. Ill add some pictures to this description in a new post later this morning once me and my friend get everything finished up in the tent.
---- For now the plan is:
4" fan directly connected to carbon filter at the top sucking hot air remaining in the tent.
6" fan blowing basically straight from the room at the bulb and out the opposite side
6" fan remaining for inline at the bottom of the tent ( left or right side optional / carbon filter is currently top back left )

Hopefully this sheds some light on what I have going on. Please any advice or recommendations send them my way! Sorry for the dull reply as well as I'm on the iPhone for now.

J189RFC Glad to see you and pull up a chair my friend!

here is my seed cabinet

100_01496.JPG

here cool air enters the seed cabinet through a light baffle.

100_01553.JPG

here is my setup with everything running. you can see the carbon filter at the top right where air enters then goes through the cooltube and then goes up and out of my cabinet.

100_01632.JPG

here you can see my carbon filter at the top right of my seed cabinet. cool air enters through the carbon filter then goes through the cooltube.

100_01613.JPG

cool air comes from the carbon filter entering on the left side then passes over the warm light bulb in the cooltube. warm air exits the cooltube on the right side then goes up through the ducting on the right.

100_01594.JPG

here is the ducting on the right side where warm air exits the cabinet through the flange.

100_01623.JPG

warm air enters the inline fan on the left side and exits through the right side.

100_01536.JPG

warm air comes from the left side and exits through a window.

100_01546.JPG

Alright so I typed out a reply early but I guess I forgot to send it.

Here we have some pics of my tent:party:
at_it_again_077.JPG

:lot-o-toke: Here you can see my 4inch fan directly connected to the carbon filter and going up and out the tent. You can also see the 6inch fan that sits right on the edge sucking fresh air from the room str8 through the bulb. Originally I would have liked to do something like what you have but thought it wouldnt be enough to cool the bulb. Hopefully I am wrong and will go eliminate half that mess ASAP.

at_it_again_078.JPG

:thumb: Here you have the bottom of the tent with 3 flaps that open for air flow. I also plan on using either another 6 inch for inline air down at the bottom to keep things extra cool OR the 4inch if I remove it from the carbon filter. Again Im curious your thoughts on this as far as air flow goes. Would I be ok with a 6inch pulling through a filter and a hood along with a 4 inch inline or should I still use the additional 6inch? I also wonder how you would use these flaps if at all? They seem great for when the light is on but I would need to manually close them b4 the light shuts off due to light leak.

at_it_again_081.JPG

:high-five: Here we have the tent with the bulb on FINALLY.. I plugged in the first bulb this morning and it fried instantly so we picked up another and seem to be ok this time around.

Other news I transplanted all the babys except 1 from the little pots to 1 gallon. Unfortunately I didnt have enough to transfer them all and forgot to grab another gallon pot so that one will have to wait another day or so. Here is a picture of how every plants root system looked though.....
at_it_again_068.JPG

And finally to close out
at_it_again_067.JPG

:rollit::reading420magazine::ganjamon:
Pooch with the best seat in the house while I do work outside with the plants
:welldone:

nice tent, not sure on the flaps as not used a tent to grow so hopefully someone will say, but best way to check would be to do the tent up and have the light on inside the tent and the light off in the room then you can see if the tent leaks light their,if it dont then daylight shouldnt getting in either,

should work well

you should be alright with your 6 inch inline fan and cooltube, if not you could add the other 6 inch fan to the intake. i have never understood the tent flap idea, you may be able to construct a light baffle from wood for air to enter and block out any incoming light that attaches to your tent flaps.

air enter the light baffle and makes a 90 degree turn and goes a short up distance, then makes a 180 degree U turn and goes back down and goes a short distance, next the air makes a 90 degree turn and enters the grow space. this eliminates any light leaks.

Diy_Light_Baffle.jpg

you should be alright with your 6 inch inline fan and cooltube, if not you could add the other 6 inch fan to the intake.
So you think I should switch the carbon filter to a 6inch and shoot that through the tube along with another 6 inch inline? I will try this and def hope it works that would make things much simpler. I ran the light yesterday at full blast ( man does it hurts the eyes going to go ahead get some method seven glasses asap ) and the temp gage said about 80-83 max with 2 flaps open no intake and just the cooltube fan running so I honestly think the 6inch through the filter through the bulb ill be enough as long as I get that good cool air floating in and circulating. I put my hand under the bulb once the fan had been pumping a bit and it wasnt that bad about a foot under the light.

The light baffle thing would be sweet to build I may look into doing something like that it would just be hard to mount on the tent. I think the purpose of them is to help add air when the light is on just for you preference but if you arent going to close them on time no point.

Alright guys sorry for the wait on updates! I have changed things up with the tent as KingJohn suggested so now things are looking a bit cleaner. Ill upload pictures of that tomorrow maybe I have some friends visiting from out of town so I may be a bit in and out for the next week but Ill get an update in so you guys atleast can see whats going on!

Today the plants got to sit in the tent today with it running at diff temps along with another 6 inch inline temps got up to 84 supposedly but im not really sure I believe that. The air and atmosphere around the plants was nice and cool and I did the hand test as well so thats good news. All the babys got water today too but unfortunately a bug came along and ate the crap out of 2 of my leaves on one plant. Hopefully not to big of a deal. Im starting to see some serious stretching in one of the plants so Im hoping that will be the tell tale sign of which is the extra free seed I lost track of. Its suppose to be a sativa dominant hybrid so I figured it would stretch over the others at some point.

I also did some leaf trimming on the afghani two days ago to get light to all the bud spots which workout out great. Pretty much that plant is sitting with nothing but bud spots up top and still extremely bushy! I only defoled 2 sets of fan leaves that basically completely blocked the bud sights from light.

Other then that I cant really think of much else. OH YEA. I added some mylar to the veg area so the plants have been a bit happier with some more useful light.

Anyways hope everyone is doing well!

PICTURES SOON

** UPDATE *

Sorry for the wait everyone!

I went ahead and did what was recommended by KingJohn and switched around my exhaust/intake/light set up and now have this! :bravo:
4th_071.JPG

:bong::rollit:Since the last update I have been in and out of hospital again or twice depending on if I mentioned b4 so the plants have had some time to grow! Yesterday they got a fresh watering and I transferred the Afghani into a 3gallon pot. MAN did the roots look good.
4th_068.JPG
4th_067.JPG

:surf::yummy::yahoo: And finally here they are in the tent for the second day. The temperatures are staying at a nice 76-78 not going higher then 80 at the hottest point of the day. Im currently only running at 750 to work temps and figure things out but Im pretty sure I will be able to run at 1000 just fine. When I put my hand under the light even with it dropped down half way I can comfortably leave it right under the glass.

4th_069.JPG

Thanks for reading and :welcome: to any new readers!

Just a few quick questions.
- The auto plants have got quite tall and started their auto flower process I believe. They have now spent 3 days in an 18/6 setting do you think its safe to flip them to 12/12 with a 36hour dark period?

- The afghani is nice and bushy and has started growth again today after transplant do you think its ready to start 12/12? Very bushy fimed at the top for a solid 8 total nodes and doesnt seem to be growing much taller ALTHOUGH it still has not shown sex. Do you think its safe to give this one a 36hour dark period?

- The free seed has made itself evident being a SSH x LA con sativa dominant but has also started to show sex. Id like to keep this plant in with the others and start it flowering. If it takes longer then the others then so be it what do you guys think about this?

- Im having a little issue with my inline fan air being a little ruff cutting me off from half the tent right now. Ive negated it by angling the fan toward the corner but only solves so much of the problem. Any suggestions on this?

OVERALL Id like to flip and id like to use a 36 hour dark period to get them on a schedule I like but this is mostly because I dont know what the proper Flipping method is. Id like to alter the run time a little bit and im guessing this is done by an extended dark period or vice versa. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me. As of right now they shut off at 850pm and come back on at 250am. Id like to flip these hours to maybe something where they run throughout the night and sleep during the warm part of the day to keep temps at a cool 70's. Thanks again everyone !

the only plant i have ever given a dark period to before switching to flowering under 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness turned out to be a male in flower, i could swear i saw female pre flowers on it before the dark period right before flowering.

Back
Top Bottom