P1000587.JPG

P1000589.JPG

P1000591.JPG

P1000600.JPG

P1000608.JPG

P1000609.JPG

enjoy

Thanks for the rep guys :)

I went up today, everything seems to be in order, except this time there were some real pleasant fragrances waiting for me, man that was nice suprise.

Things seem to be coming along nicely, which is just about the time where everything starts to go wrong

Tell me about it! lol

Just keep a close eye on them, try to catch things early, post pics and questions, and things have a very good chance of turning out sticky and yummy.

it just occurred to me that each picture i just posted are pretty much the same bud.. my apologies ahah

NP bro, the magic can do that, and the magic is just beginning :Rasta:

great setup, Arrakeen! I'm bob and was just chatting with some others about how I'd like to use my garage attic to start growing again when I came upon your fine thread...I'm in Minnesota, so would really have to be careful about where I placed this in my attic. My garage attic has an access panel to the attic space above my house, but both are hot as heck in the summer and real cold in the winter. Can anyone give me an idea as to what tempurature range would be workable? obviously well above freezing---I clearly couldn't grow in December through March up there...Daily fluctuations would be a factor, too. Anyway, thanks for the posts and the ideas...I'll keep you posted.
Cheers, Bob

great setup, Arrakeen! I'm bob and was just chatting with some others about how I'd like to use my garage attic to start growing again when I came upon your fine thread...I'm in Minnesota, so would really have to be careful about where I placed this in my attic. My garage attic has an access panel to the attic space above my house, but both are hot as heck in the summer and real cold in the winter. Can anyone give me an idea as to what tempurature range would be workable? obviously well above freezing---I clearly couldn't grow in December through March up there...Daily fluctuations would be a factor, too. Anyway, thanks for the posts and the ideas...I'll keep you posted.
Cheers, Bob

The general rule is that weed is comfortable at pretty much the same temps we're comfortable in. So, about 65 to 85 is the range. Too much towards either end of that scale will affect growth and vitality, and you don't want large swings either.

I run my lights at night, so that helps a lot with keeping temps more even throughout the 24 hours.

I live in Cali, so I'm not real experienced at dealing with the kinds of temps you get in MN, but maybe some other growers with more experience in that area can chime in.

regards,

Sun

NP bro, the magic can do that, and the magic is just beginning
Hahah thanks SS, and I'm definitely keeping a closer watch these later days

And hello bob, SS is dead on with his advice. I don't know much about Minnesota, but as you say its a land of contrasts, which sounds very similar to my this part of the world, so i think you would want to start growing in spring/autumn, and ideally, heading into winter, which i'm pretty sure for you would be around now. Just so the 'default' temperature so to speak is nice and hospitable

My reasoning for this is that its easier to heat up your attic growing cannabis, than to cool it down; anywho, here are some dot points that i think you should consider

-'Hot' lights, eg HID's, might be perfect for your setup during the colder months, BUT you run the risk of having a potential fire hazard in your attic, which i avoid like the plaugue - i started with LED's and then got a 100 watt growing CFL specifically for this reason. Believe me, safety is not something you should toy with - ever

-Consider adding 'proper' insulation, would definitely keep temps more stable, keep warm air inside, but it could be your worst enemy in the warmer months.

-'Sealing' your attic, for this i personally recommend panda film, white on the inside, black on the outside, waterproof all across its surface, not only does this bypass any kind of light leakage problem which would stand out at night, but it has a few other uses such as:

-Its another form of insulation, isolating your pants from what might be the colder outside of your attic

-SS raises a good point the times you run your lights, they are fundamentally a heat producer so try and use this to your advantage, but also consider they don't stand out as much during the day

...I thought I'd have a few more dot points.. i can't really think of any more haha, but if you have any questions feel free to shoot them my way, just good luck & think hard about every decision your going to make, trust me this is the most important step, it will pay off, and consider, you really want to be in the right mindset (worry free) throughout your grow.

Great tips..thanks to you both. Much appreciated!! I'm planning to start something in the spring...it'll give me time to construct whatever I need to and work on the wiring. Your points about safety are duly noted...the CFL/ LED options sound like the ticket. Dumb question: a CFL or LED setup would require special "grow" bulbs, no? Or are you using just ordinary CFL/ LED lights? Thanks in advance...Bob

Great tips..thanks to you both. Much appreciated!! I'm planning to start something in the spring...it'll give me time to construct whatever I need to and work on the wiring. Your points about safety are duly noted...the CFL/ LED options sound like the ticket. Dumb question: a CFL or LED setup would require special "grow" bulbs, no? Or are you using just ordinary CFL/ LED lights? Thanks in advance...Bob

It's good to not be rushed and get things set up right. That has a lot to do with the success of a grow.

With CFL's, it's just regular bulbs. You want to use "daylight" or 6400K bulbs for vegetative growth, and "warm white" or 2700K bulbs for flowering.

Thanks for clarifying that...I know what CFLs run cost wise. You have preferred method for procuring the 'daylight' bulbs? are those something best found in a grow shop or online? Thanks in advance for your info and patience...

Bob

Back
Top Bottom