The Magic Attic

Thanks buddy :), and yeah I’ll get another shot next time I’m up..

Which brings me to your query.. .About how to access the magic attic...

Some say, on each prime numbered date of odd numbered year, an interdimensional portal opens between my hands, and using only my mind, I tear a well used portion of my own soul off, and bend it through myself into the fabric of reality, through the space between spaces, across a sea of integers, then using my sheer mental strength, an exact corporeal replica of myself is forced to exist for a limited period inside the magic attic.

Others say, I stand up on my toes or some object readily available, and push a square shaped piece of plaster up about 20 centimeters, slide it clear, then haul myself through. Legend had it that I once had a ladder, but legend fades to myth and the ladder was lost amongst the chaos of time itself.

But in all seriousness, getting stuff up there is no big deal; I’ve made a few platforms up there, most importantly one adjacent to ‘the hole’, and generally just spaced across the joists to put rest heavier things on, like water bottles and the such, so that I can climb up unencumbered . Biggest thing I ever took up there was the wooden planks from the old decking, which I then covered with some.. boating fabric I think, or some other industrial carpet, to make my little platform, my oasis of life, if you will, lol.

But I think you’re right, moving your operation from the garage to the attic above would could very well transcend regular stealth, into the much coveted ‘super stealth’ region. Purely because; it’s an attic. Nobody just stumbles across an attic, or even notices where its entrance is, or even considers that they are there. Except maybe, electricians, and.. well, I guess me? hahah. And having a drop down ladder is just an added bonus for you man, you can ascend that bad boy in style!

If heat was a problem, I’m sure you could just set up some ducting & fans and pull extra air from your garage or outside going through, and keep that space at ambient temperature. Attics only really get hot/cold to the extreme because of their location (insulation at the bottom, bare roof/tiles at the top) and simple lack of moving air. Mine seems kind of like a desert, hot in the sun, cold at night?
And as for smell, if it did happen to reach an extreme, you just seal it all up like a tent anyway and have a carbon filter in the exhaust loop, no worries.

Fuckkk i've been typing a while hahaha, I'm just in a sweet mood I guess, but yeah, after all this I suppose I'm pretty biased when it comes to attics since, well, its all I've ever tried I guess hahaha -

have a good one man!! :)

Yeah, I used to fly through intergalactic portals when I was younger, now I need a ladder;)

Thanks for the tips on cooling and odor control. If I get the courage to take a saw to my garage ceiling, I'm going to be venting my grow tent into my attic soon, but it's going through a carbon filter first so the only thing going up there should be heat.

take care bro!

regards,

SS

Been a while since i updated, been a bit busy, but here we go... today is a bit of a milestone in fact...a red letter day, if you will?

P1000295.JPG

first ever bud shot... whaaaa
P10003072.JPG

P1000315.JPG

the plants are lookin OK, sadly i've been neglecting them a bit, but hopefully they'll spring back after todays watering, especially back-right

have a good week everyone

thanks SS :)

took some more photos today..

P1000333.JPG

P1000336.JPG

P1000337.JPG

P1000323editarrows.jpg

this last photo is a bit of an enigma, i don't understand the curved leaves around the stem, its been growing like that for as long as i remember, and is consistant all over, but not on the larger leaves

Just read through your thread, great work with you led panel! Keep it up and in another month or so you'll have buds for harvest!

all looks well.... what are the temps in the attic during the day, if they were in my attic they would toasted in a hour. your leaf edges are curling up, looks like heat stress. otherwise you got some good lookin ladies

My thoughts are that if the plant is generally healthy otherwise, that it's just a mutation and nothing to worry about.

Maybe some other grower has seen this specific issue before and knows more about it, but that's what I think.

What's the humidity in the magic attic like?

ss

Mutation.. sounds pretty intense, and reassuring.. and likeable haha, but to answer your question, 'outside' relative humidity lately has ranged from 50-80% ?, but it always feels the same in the attic, never humid or noticably dry, just like your average room, albeit colder. I hope this is a good answer.. hahah, next time i'm going to get more scientiffic...!

Just read through your thread, great work with you led panel! Keep it up and in another month or so you'll have buds for harvest!

Haha, thanks deadtour, i really hope so, thanks for reading :)

Agreed, they look wonderful. I see holes in the leaves in the last pic, but overall health of the plant looks great.

Hey thanks fox, and wow i just had a look then.... i can't beleive i didnt notice that when i've been there recently, or when i took these shots today, or when i resized the photos, or when i posted the photos.... ?? haha

all looks well.... what are the temps in the attic during the day, if they were in my attic they would toasted in a hour. your leaf edges are curling up, looks like heat stress. otherwise you got some good lookin ladies

Thanks dank, well its winter here so, temps recently have rarely broken 20 celsius, (68 degrees Fahrenheit - cheers google), i think the curling you noticed is a remnant from a while back, was an amateur nutrient mistake on my behalf, and since then they've just been getting water

----thanks for the comments everyone , and have a good week

I'd say they have a month or more left to mature fully. Not too much longer and i'd stop with the foliar spray unless you have really low humidity in you grow area. Recently a member lost 90% of his crop to bud rot. Cut his yield down from 2 lbs+ to a little more than an ounce. I'd hate to see that happen to you.
Plants look in excelent health. Keep up with the updates often. :)

Looking good man!

Yeah, once they start to flower, you don't want it too humid up there.

If you foliar spray, I think plants more efficiently absorb really small droplets over the entire surface of the leaf as opposed to big droplets. If you're foliar spraying with nutes, that also helps prevent nute burns cause it dilutes them when spread over a larger area.

The attic is starting to look yummy:Rasta:

ss

Thanks guys, I'll keep that in mind about the water, i havent been spraying them, just sort of spurting what was left in the bottle over the leaves (i take those drinking bottles up to water them), its not very much, but when i do water them i feel a sort of compulsion to get the whole plant a bit wet, simulate rain or something, you know?

Thanks again for the kind words, i'll have some more shots up soon.

OK i know how much you guys love photos...
So i took some more just now, after realising yesterday was pretty much dominated by close-ups :)
I also got funky with the resizing, each image is only around 300kb

P1000517.JPG

i thought this was a good photo, except for the plant at the back, which i've nicknamed 'battler' :(
P1000518.JPG

P1000530.JPG

and this is the mutated curly-inner-leaf plant i showed you earlier, it seems to be doing good
P1000532.JPG

the customary LED shot
P10005452.JPG

P1000535.JPG

and here's the setup from the outside, its kinda hard to photograph
P1000550.JPG

hope you enjoyed todays tour :)

Back
Top Bottom