The Magic Attic

its a sale due to the fact that the power company is trying to promote the use of cfl's rather than incadescents. they throw it out there sometime.At one store i used t work at the power company dropped a couple of pallets of cfl's off so that we can give them away to all our customers.

Ok i took some shots today but i really messed them up, quite a few that i took just aren't on the camera, anywho, temp in the attic was pretty toasty, and its only 17C (62F) outside, no way could i grow up there during summer.

P1000986r.jpg

bud production has definitely picked up though
P1000974r.jpg

P1000987r.jpg

P1000996r.jpg

P1010003r.jpg

my apologies for the abundance of LED shots, the ones i took with camera flash only (which i think always turn out the most natural) are the ones that are mysteriously in absentia, and so it seems are the ones that have better focus, ahh whatever, peace yo

ahaha, thanks captain, its a good idea, moving some more air around would help. But i dont know if i wanna risk it in the summer anyway, its seriously just.. too hot, plants would die, i'd be upset, etc. Air conditioning would be essential, and i'd rather get that for the rest of the place first - especially where i sleep...fuck summer is so good yet it can be so frustrating!

ahaha, thanks captain, its a good idea, moving some more air around would help. But i dont know if i wanna risk it in the summer anyway, its seriously just.. too hot, plants would die, i'd be upset, etc. Air conditioning would be essential, and i'd rather get that for the rest of the place first - especially where i sleep...fuck summer is so good yet it can be so frustrating!

I'm not thinking circulation fans, but rather those specialized attic fans that mount to the roof and exhaust hot air outside. Might be too hot anyways, but those can make a big difference. They even have solar-powered ones now, although they are not as efficient as A/C yet.

I'm not thinking circulation fans, but rather those specialized attic fans that mount to the roof and exhaust hot air outside. Might be too hot anyways, but those can make a big difference. They even have solar-powered ones now, although they are not as efficient as A/C yet.

Thats a great idea man, not only that - i just thought to myself i could pull cooler air in from below.

Yeah man, research roof mounted attic exhaust fans. Just be careful with the smell now. LED's look killer.

Yah i've been doing so - bob got me started, and thanks for that man. The smell is low on my list of worries - inside the tent it smells fantastic, just outside all you can smell is insulation and a subtle undertone, and outside the attic nothing at all, which i will be very surprised to see change, it seems to be a really good setup

Yikes! Only 7200 hits for solar roof vents...They've got roof mounted and gable mounted...with no wiring involved, you'd have no electrical pains in the buttocular area.

Nice looking meds!

too true man, and thats great because i'm lazy and into solar power. ;) thanks again

High Arrakeen, your journal is a fun read. Interesting choices- yard dirt and LEDs.
You're at 38 or so degrees latitude? I can believe your summer sun is serious buisiness on your attic where the magic happens. Think about a box made of insulation panels. The kind with metal foil outside, hard foam in. Duct tape joints. Easier to cool than the whole attic.
Once you decide to replace the sun to grow, the thing evolves to make you the assistant. Happens to everybody. Here's a couple reps for luck with that.:smokin:

Gator - you're right about a lot of things. I'm visualizing your concept, i can see myself putting it together. But I'm still concerned that even with this isolation, the ambient temperature will just eventually seep in - wahay down south here - at 38 lat, we get some lengthy, unpleasant heatwaves. No one escapes. I can also see everything working out perfectly though, but i think thats just the youth in my head talking. I've been considering that i might have to give up this newfound interest of mine - it's me vs. nature until this scorched face of the planet begins to cool down again. Thanks for reading man!

A good idea man, but yeah pretty much no chance in summer. I dont think I would want to burden myself with growing then anyway, so it works out OK.

Been a while since i posted anything, busy times, and my camera is AWOL.

My timer has been acting up, i noticed the lights were still on well after they shouldn't have been, and I'm not sure how long its been like this - they could have been running 24-0 for a few days even.

Other than that, not much to report, hope you guys are all doing good, peace

OH i sampled some bud from low down on one of my plants, and after some half baked attempt at quick drying, didn't turn out half bad.

Yeah, i hope so too man, do you happen to know what sort of damage it can cause?

i decided to try two methods to reduce failure. First was 20 minutes or so in the oven at a low temperature.. which sort of worked, no burning, lots of heat, lots of moisture on the foil that i sort of wrapped it in - but not as good as like you said; short bursts in the microwave. i had it wrapped loosely in paper towel too, not sure if that really helped or anything though, but gave a good indication of moisture loss. thanks for speedy reply :)

Ok, but will the buds ahh.. die or anything? hahah, if the plant sort of stops producing them, so to speak, hypothetically - will they be cut off from nutrients or whatever? If i'm unlucky i'm sure i'll find out soon enough though :(

Thanks again, i really appreciate your knowledge :)

Ok, but will the buds ahh.. die or anything? hahah, if the plant sort of stops producing them, so to speak, hypothetically - will they be cut off from nutrients or whatever? If i'm unlucky i'm sure i'll find out soon enough though :(

Thanks again, i really appreciate your knowledge :)

No, nothing that bad, at worst it would stall things for a while and maybe have some effect on yield.

You can keep a plant alive for years by keeping it at 18/6 light schedule. Except for auto-flowering strains, they won't produce buds until they get 12 hours or less of light per day.

You can purposely put a flowering plant back into veg by giving it more than 12 hours of light, so it can be used to advantage, or it can screw things up if it happens accidentally.

I'm high as hell, so I hope this makes some sense ;)

Back
Top Bottom