The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted a journal on a Durban Poison strain. Stared feeding with MegaCrop last week as the soil mix of Ocean Forest was probably at the point of running out of steam after 5 weeks.

Durban Poison Grow Journal

The last couple days I have noticed some issues with the bottom leaves, actually a couple of the very first fan leaves. Does it look like a nitrogen deficiency or a possible calcium deficiency. Top leaves look fine, and seem the proper color. Should I increase the MegaCrop nutrient strength.

20200301_011950.jpg

20200301_012032.jpg

Last week

20200223_024942.jpg

Posted a journal on a Durban Poison strain. Stared feeding with MegaCrop last week as the soil mix of Ocean Forest was probably at the point of running out of steam after 5 weeks.

Durban Poison Grow Journal

The last couple days I have noticed some issues with the bottom leaves, actually a couple of the very first fan leaves. Does it look like a nitrogen deficiency or a possible calcium deficiency. Top leaves look fine, and seem the proper color. Should I increase the MegaCrop nutrient strength.

20200301_011950.jpg

20200301_012032.jpg

Last week

20200223_024942.jpg

if you are still in the 2 gallon, the pot may be a bit small for the size of the plant.

Ok Mega Crop Heads

Gunna test some MC in Sunshine Mix#4 and maybe hydro

New phone so lost the soil feeding schedule if someone can post that

Also

In hydro I run hydroguard and z7, or just one depends
Assuming I'm running those, in RO water, any tidbits of info or changes from soil

Graciass

Ok Mega Crop Heads

Also

Assuming I'm running those, in RO water, any tidbits of info or changes from soil

Graciass
I’m running MC in bubble buckets right now using RO water. I use hydro guard and a tiny bit of true plant science cal-mag. I waited until I saw deficiency starting to develop before I added cal-mag.. you may not need it at all. *Note I went to true plant science cal-mag because I usually use botanicare’s but it caused a slight nitro toxicity when I needed to supplement with it so that’s why I switched to true plant science and it’s been peachy since so some food for thought there. Also I might get a little grief for this but I have enough plants going at once where I can experiment and I’m curious to compare it to the same strain grown without it... So I have also added AN bud candy to one strain, and GLN’s sweet to another in small doses and they responded favorably. It seems like it’s taking to the bud candy better though. I don’t recommend doing it because I hear a lot horror stories about adding stuff to it but it’s worked for me on the two plants I’ve attempted it on so far.

Hi everyone. I’ve been off for awhile. Wondering how Mc is working. I’ve been using for 4 months and seems ok in hydro. I’m looking for info on needing cal mag? I use ro water and haven’t been using it. I’m running veg at 1.2 but thinking of going up. I was at 1.4 ec but noticed my ec rising telling me plants were drinking water,but not using all the nutes? Any info would help like ec amount people are running

They look pretty good to me, but I’m no expert. Maybe a touch lighter green than they could be but could be the lighting?
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

Ok Mega Crop Heads

Also

Graciass

here :

edit : understand that is the basic guide chris. in the experience of the board you have about 1/2 (.5) gram variance + - at any point during the different grow stages, up to a practical ceiling of 6.5g / gal.

I’m running MC in bubble buckets right now using RO water. I use hydro guard and a tiny bit of true plant science cal-mag. I waited until I saw deficiency starting to develop before I added cal-mag.. you may not need it at all. *Note I went to true plant science cal-mag because I usually use botanicare’s but it caused a slight nitro toxicity when I needed to supplement with it so that’s why I switched to true plant science and it’s been peachy since so some food for thought there. Also I might get a little grief for this but I have enough plants going at once where I can experiment and I’m curious to compare it to the same strain grown without it... So I have also added AN bud candy to one strain, and GLN’s sweet to another in small doses and they responded favorably. It seems like it’s taking to the bud candy better though. I don’t recommend doing it because I hear a lot horror stories about adding stuff to it but it’s worked for me on the two plants I’ve attempted it on so far.
The GLN Sweet Candy seems to be working for me as well. I tried it on 2 soil plants. With one, it's too early to tell if it's improving things, but it hasn't adversely affected the plant. On the other, I believe bud growth has increased (but that one is getting Bud Explosion too). No science is behind my claim, just what my eyes are telling me!

Just wanted to share my grow with MC, I'm growing GG4, blackberry kush and piehoe in strawberry fields coco coir mix and feeding once a day, they are all 4weeks into flower, feeding MC at 5gr/gal with .75gr/gal of BE
IMG_20200301_113748.jpg
IMG_20200301_113743.jpg
IMG_20200301_113737.jpg
IMG_20200301_113731.jpg
Lovely!

Quick question I have having trouble finding an answer to. Do you all feed with MC evertime, or every other feeding, or something else?

Thanks in advance!

Quick question I have having trouble finding an answer to. Do you all feed with MC evertime, or every other feeding, or something else?

Thanks in advance!
If they overly green I will back off and just run water. There is no, one size fits all. Read your plants.

Thanks @Slicknick909 and @Hydroholic . I'll assume every time unless the girls say back off.
@zeroday, even if they get too green, you might want to consider just lowering the MC feed rather than eliminating it altogether. And don't lower it by too much, no more than .5 grams. Doing so has gotten me into trouble before.

@zeroday, even if they get too green, you might want to consider just lowering the MC feed rather than eliminating it altogether. And don't lower it by too much, no more than .5 grams. Doing so has gotten me into trouble before.

Thanks!

There are 10 girls, they are about 2 nodes, just started them. They are still plenty green from the soil. I'm planning on doing half of each strain (2 strains) with MC and then the other half with my standard General Organics deal.

I'm just getting ready to start the MC journey the rest of you all are on. Wanted to plan before the time comes! I appreciate the help!

Thanks!

There are 10 girls, they are about 2 nodes, just started them. They are still plenty green from the soil. I'm planning on doing half of each strain (2 strains) with MC and then the other half with my standard General Organics deal.

I'm just getting ready to start the MC journey the rest of you all are on. Wanted to plan before the time comes! I appreciate the help!
Wow, 10! You're not playing around, eh, @zeroday! I'm gonna pull up a seat for this. Happy growing! :Rasta:

Thanks in advance!

the last few above are correct for feeding. adjust and feed every time is best / easiest practice ... :p

welcome to the journey.. don't be afraid to ask questions...

some basics here :

Wow, 10! You're not playing around, eh, @zeroday! I'm gonna pull up a seat for this. Happy growing! :Rasta:
Oops. Just noticed that you have no journal going. If you're only posting in the "quadlining thread" I probably will not follow along. My bad.

Oops. Just noticed that you have no journal going. If you're only posting in the "quadlining thread" I probably will not follow along. My bad.

Guess I should remove that from the sig. I've since decided to do a few different things with the 10 plants. I was aiming for less plants, but all 10/10 germinated and sprouted. Damnit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom