The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s see the results when your done boss.

The chop is complete. It will be about three weeks before the harvest is complete, and the rosin pressed from the plant. Today will just be trimming and hanging her out to dry. Check my journal for progress later today.

I just got my bag. I love the old fat guy with a butt hanging out of his mouth tending his garden. Wow those are low feed rates recommended.

The chop is complete. It will be about three weeks before the harvest is complete, and the rosin pressed from the plant.

I feel like my rosin efforts see much better results using well cured herb. Taste, effect, and even seemingly yield all tick up significantly using well cured herb rather than anything freshly harvested.

Sux, doesn't it? After spending all the time growing it, one's 'gratification' is best seen after waiting even further months. Some sort of evil plot no doubt. Probably conceived and implemented by Nixon in his wilder years. Meh!

As far as my reading goes, HPS is better at spreading over a wider area, while LED is better at penetrating deep into the canopy to lower nodes. I use LED, and I still chop the lower stuff off, as the canopy is so thick, nothing's getting thru. By chopping off the stuff that's low down, and really not getting lit, you're essentially removing "leech buds" which will suck the nutrients up that could have gone to the big colas, making them even bigger, and more potent. All you're losing is popcorn bud that will never amount to much, and fan leaves that aren't pulling their weight by photosynthesizing (spelling?). You'll have better circulation, so there's less chance of and mold setting in on your buds, and your humidity will drop a bit easier, which you want as low as you can get, in flower. Just my opinion, but I'd defoliate for sure.

20200215_201842.jpg 20200213_211714.jpg
Sorry for such a late reply, I have influenza A and now pneumonia, and I'm only 34! but I did do a little trimming, does this look right? More, too much? They are manifolded with 2 clip fans for under blowing upwards and a 12in oscillating fan over the middle to the top of the canopy. 3 weeks into flower when I did this trimming. I left some leafs that get light and nothing else is around them. It's my understanding they are not sinks and that photosynthesize energy only flows in one way, back to the plant.?

Attachments

• 20200228_155514.jpg
    20200228_155514.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • 20200228_155508.jpg
    20200228_155508.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
  • 20200305_180845.jpg
    20200305_180845.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
Day 37 since flip. Gorilla Zkittlez is still holding at 5g, White Rhino I started to increase yesterday to 5.5g. She has always been a little lighter I think it's just the way she is, but I think she has faded a tiny bit more so we will see what happens.. Looking great though, both are getting sticky, the GZ especially.
Speaking of White Rhino they were freebies in a Ziploc bag labelled NV White Rhino with my seedsman order, but I can't find what the NV means I can only find straight up White Rhino.. Any ideas?

Speaking of White Rhino they were freebies in a Ziploc bag labelled NV White Rhino with my seedsman order, but I can't find what the NV means I can only find straight up White Rhino.. Any ideas?

Possibly indicating they're from the breeder Nirvana Seeds.

Well I was going to flower the clones to sex my two Bday Cake but they both popped out preflower pistils.

Whatcha guys think? Both girls?

IMG_20200306_065948992.jpgIMG_20200306_065928618.jpg
Plant A

IMG_20200306_065918022.jpg
Plant B

The top one I can see the calyx with the split pistols, the lower one may be but all I see is one white hair, pistol, sticking up from behind the stalk. Like it's on the other side of the plant of where the pic was taken. Is there 2 pistols on that one coming from a little calyx as well? The lower pic one. The top pic in my opinion is female. Anyone else see it as female?

Thanks for the zoom :thumb:

After really comparing the two plants closely I think B is a male. Well at least I got one girl!!!

I emailed GLN to ask about the claim that users of MegaCrop don't need to clear their media of old ions and salts. They responded with this:

"you should water to runoff a few times per growing cycle, for flush every few months with water."

They don't write all that well, but they know that their product needs the same treatment as any other salt-based nutrient. So please remember that MC is salt-based, and it not completely absorbed by the plant leaving nothing to flush out behind.

That probably depends on a lot of things! How heavy you feed, how much runoff you tend to get, how your plants look...

GLN recommended using a meter to check for accumulation in your runoff. (They said pH meter but I'm sure they meant PPM. I don't get the feeling that English is their first language :cheesygrinsmiley:.)

ProMix recommends plain water every fourth watering, but I think that's excessive!

So would you think maybe once before flipping (assuming I veg 8 weeks) then again before harvest?
That probably depends on a lot of things! How heavy you feed, how much runoff you tend to get, how your plants look...

GLN recommended using a meter to check for accumulation in your runoff. (They said pH meter but I'm sure they meant PPM. I don't get the feeling that English is their first language :cheesygrinsmiley:.)

ProMix recommends plain water every fourth watering, but I think that's excessive!

I would think the timing of a medium rinse/flush would be dependent on a few things. Type of plant (photo, auto), how long in veg, and so on.

I don't really water to runoff on my promix stuff. Not that I couldn't, but I'm not a fan of dealing with the runoff. At some point when I run promix again I will try and work out a way to deal with the runoff more effectively than having to get in and use the shopvac on the saucer.

That being said, I did flush the medium around the time of their start of flower (they're autos). That was the only time I did so, and I think they turned out alright. If I were to do it again, I would probably do so every 2-3 weeks. MC does build up salts some, but my fabric pots seem at least a little less salt crusty with MC than other nutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom